Onboard Enchantment Jan 20-28

edrussell

My wife and I are currently onboard Enchantment for an 8 day sailing.  This is our first cruise and our first day and evening were just outstanding.  Dinner at My Fair Lady was delicious.  We had a great evening going to the various bars having a drink along the way.  I am typing this while looking out at the ocean from our balcony room.  If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them.

I've including some pictures.  I will update this thread as the sailing progresses.

20220120_101843.jpg

20220120_114052.jpg

20220120_160535.jpg

20220120_183213.jpg

20220120_194849.jpg

Edited by edrussell
Forgot pictures
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TSU1184 said:

I’ll be on Enchantment’s next sailing. I will be following along, I haven’t been on Enchantment in a few years. Have they announced how many passengers are onboard? Looking forward to your posts and pictures.

I was on the sailing that just disembarked yesterday, and our bartender said this sailing would have roughly 700 passengers.I was on the sailing that just disembarked yesterday, and our bartender said this sailing would have roughly 700 passengers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emeraldead said:

Any spa prices/deals/details are desired!

I just got off this cruise yesterday. The spa prices were crazy expensive, and the services were not that great. Towards the end of the cruise, they did do $149 package with some facial treatments and hand and foot massage.

• Like 2

EdR, Thank you for posting.  I have enjoyed your enthusiasm since the day you first left home!  I'm glad everything went well for you to be onboard.

Your wife's coat (and layers) looks like what DH and I will be wearing in two weeks and one day.  We are taking big ziplock bags to compress them into once it is warm enough to do so.

I would never expect someone to post when they could just be enjoying a cruise, but any time you care to do so, I will be following along with pleasure.

• Like 3

My husband and I are booked for the 1/28 sailing and would love to know what the current situation is in the MDR and Windjammer, in regards to crowds and social distancing. Both venues were pretty full on our December Anthem sailing, but I'm hoping that might not be the case on Enchantment at the moment. We're trying not to bring Covid back to our kids (who are scheduled to go to a camp in February), and I'd rather not have to rely on room service or sneaking Sorrento's up to the room to make that happen. 😆

• Like 2

Thanks for posting.  I'll be following along as well.  I get on the 28th and have never cruised out of Baltimore (especially in January).  Looks like I need to bring my heavy coat.  🙂

Enjoy your first cruise.  Beware...You will be hooked. 😄

Looking forward to your posts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, libertyelle said:

My husband and I are booked for the 1/28 sailing and would love to know what the current situation is in the MDR and Windjammer, in regards to crowds and social distancing. Both venues were pretty full on our December Anthem sailing, but I'm hoping that might not be the case on Enchantment at the moment. We're trying not to bring Covid back to our kids (who are scheduled to go to a camp in February), and I'd rather not have to rely on room service or sneaking Sorrento's up to the room to make that happen. 😆

We are last night in the MDR and there some areas that were not distanced.  We booked each night via my time and told our head waiter we wanted an area that was separate as much as possible.  We got a 2 top and were comfortable.

This morning for breakfast we were asked if we were OK with a shared table and told them we preferred to dine alone.  They obliged and sat us at an 8 top.  So you can maintain distance with some planning.  Although  the pax count makes this easier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Thanks 

Enjoy your first cruise.  Beware...You will be hooked. 😄

Looking forward to your posts.

Too late.   I am planning on visiting next cruise when in port in Port Canaveral.  Just don't tell me wife.  She doesn't know yet.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

EdR, Thank you for posting.  I have enjoyed your enthusiasm since the day you first left home!  I'm glad everything went well for you to be onboard.

Your wife's coat (and layers) looks like what DH and I will be wearing in two weeks and one day.  We are taking big ziplock bags to compress them into once it is warm enough to do so.

I would never expect someone to post when they could just be enjoying a cruise, but any time you care to do so, I will be following along with pleasure.

Thank you very much.  A very nice thing to say

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WeExplore said:

I am following too as I am on the Feb 17 and 25 sailings. Could you please post any information about the post cruise covid test on the pier. How to book? Price? 

thanks 

I will detail the process.  We are grandfathered in and ours is still free but it will be at the terminal.  I will book a backup rapid PCR near the peace bridge as plan B.

2 hours ago, Chas2crews said:

Good stuff, Ed.  I hope to meet you at the Slot Pull if not somewhere else over the next week.  I may horn in with a picture or two, but my current plans are to stay onboard throughout (save a Powerball run!)

Please do say hi.