Favorite MDR dish (excluding lobster and prime rib)

famof4togo

Yep still bored at work...lol....

What is your favorite MDR dish (app/main/side/dessert etc) other than to obvious "go to" of Lobster / prime rib?  I am wanting to try a few new things this next trip....

PS...what happened to the dessert options in the MDR....I mean I do like me some chocolate melting cake but don't want to eat it nightly.....

15 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Indian Vegetarian (and I'm not a vegetarian - I just love it).

Same. This is always my go-to if there is nothing else on the menu that stands out to me. It's also what I almost always get on the first night. I suppose because nothing on that first day menu really seems all that great. The Indian vegetarian is always tasty and a good way to start out the cruise.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Favorite MDR dish (excluding lobster and prime rib)

You took away the only reason I visit the MDR 😒. But you can bet your arise it won't be those damn snails 🤣

4 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Yep still bored at work...lol....

What is your favorite MDR dish (app/main/side/dessert etc) other than to obvious "go to" of Lobster / prime rib?  I am wanting to try a few new things this next trip....

PS...what happened to the dessert options in the MDR....I mean I do like me some chocolate melting cake but don't want to eat it nightly.....

Escargot. Any seafood pretty much. I’m a weirdo who thinks the chocolate melting cake is very gross lol. I usually do ice cream or a banana split . On all cruise lines the dessert never sounds good but the ice cream is yummy lol. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, britbritrawr09 said:

Escargot. Any seafood pretty much. I’m a weirdo who thinks the chocolate melting cake is very gross lol. I usually do ice cream or a banana split . On all cruise lines the dessert never sounds good but the ice cream is yummy lol. 

you dont like eating just undercooked cake batter? I'm right with you! I do like the escargot too. Shortribs are usually a crowd pleaser too. 

1 hour ago, CruisingAgain said:

Sweet and Sour Shrimp on the first might is always my favorite.  But I think it is because I am finally on the ship, all the travel stress is done, the muster drill is done (old way) so I am finally on vacaion and I've had a few drinks. 

I can relate to this! Also the strawberry soup from the first night.

• Like 1