What Is New On The Splendor?

physadv

Hi:

It would be great to get an update of how things are going since we are finally returning to Regent cruising on Feb 3.

Specific interests are number of passengers, mask policy being adhered to, status of scheduled planned ports, masks being worn on excursions, COVID cases, and anything else you want to share.

Thanks so much.

Jim

Look forward to hearing about life on the Splendor with the January 24 departure date. We leave on the next one on Feb 3.
I understand there are about 400+ guests.

Please let us know if John Barron is the cruise director.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, physadv said:

Look forward to hearing about life on the Splendor with the January 24 departure date. We leave on the next one on Feb 3.
I understand there are about 400+ guests.

Please let us know if John Barron is the cruise director.

Thank you.

Alex is the current CD.  We just boarded today.  Capt Serena is at the helm and Franck is the GM.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Not so sure about that.  I just messaged him.

I linked the FB account that appears to be offline - did you have any luck? He doesn't appear to be onboard and that leaves only a few options. Let's all hope he is well and safe!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I linked the FB account that appears to be offline - did you have any luck? He doesn't appear to be onboard and that leaves only a few options. Let's all hope he is well and safe!

He is fine and home on vacation.  Verified.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

So what was the purpose of him going back on the ship after his bout with Covid? Last thing I heard a short time ago was that he had to quarantine in his cabin for a week before reemerging as CD. Did he ever go back to being CD on Splendor?

Edited by cruiseluv

17 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

So what was the purpose of him going back on the ship after his bout with Covid? Last thing I heard a short time ago was that he had to quarantine in his cabin for a week before reemerging as CD. Did he ever go back to being CD on Splendor?

Maria, Alex (aka Mr. Annabelle) came onboard (and out of quarantine) on 17 December as Assistant CD.  26 December he went into quarantine and John was put ashore on the 27th.  Alex (and Annabelle) came out of quarantine I think around the 2nd.  I would think John went back onboard to train Alex to take over as CD.  I believe Alex is brand new with Regent.

I hope Alex works out as I really enjoyed cruising with him and Annabelle.

Marc

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Sounds good. I am sure he had great time travelling. When I get back home after a cruise, I just like spending my time watching TV, playing video games and play with my children. Cant really force myself leave my apartment to do something in between lol 

10 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Maria, Alex (aka Mr. Annabelle) came onboard (and out of quarantine) on 17 December as Assistant CD.  26 December he went into quarantine and John was put ashore on the 27th.  Alex (and Annabelle) came out of quarantine I think around the 2nd.  I would think John went back onboard to train Alex to take over as CD.  I believe Alex is brand new with Regent.

I hope Alex works out as I really enjoyed cruising with him and Annabelle.

Marc

Interesting. I thought he was too much of a rookie to be promoted in such quick fashion. Was this always the plan since John was scheduled for vacation? Until recently I was booked on the upcoming 2/17 Splendor cruise and I had been led to believe John was going to be the CD on that cruise

1 hour ago, cruiseluv said:

Interesting. I thought he was too much of a rookie to be promoted in such quick fashion. Was this always the plan since John was scheduled for vacation? Until recently I was booked on the upcoming 2/17 Splendor cruise and I had been led to believe John was going to be the CD on that cruise

Hi Maria

John is not onboard. Alex is now the cruise director. This was not always the plan. John got Covid…was isolated in a hotel in Miami. Then went home. Not sure when he will be returning, at this time. 
BTW…. We decided to jump on the 2/28 cruise just to get away. 
Sheila

5 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Maria

John is not onboard. Alex is now the cruise director. This was not always the plan. John got Covid…was isolated in a hotel in Miami. Then went home. Not sure when he will be returning, at this time. 
BTW…. We decided to jump on the 2/28 cruise just to get away. 
Sheila

If he is on vacation he already has a return date...