Pre-boarding COVID Tests

Newbury newbie

44 minutes ago, The Gremlin said:

Do you have to have an appointment to do the proctored telemed test with BinaxNOW or can you just activate the app on the day you need it done? 

I believe that you activate the kit through the App on the day. In seeing some of the YouTube videos people say you may have wait to get a proctor online at busy times. 

• Like 1

I have started a separate thread as I didn't see this but Newbury Newbie - you may be able to help..

Hi. I'm sorry to take us back but I need some help from UK travellers.  Do I have to take a supervised test ie via video for it to be accepted so I can get on my plane!  I can't find the answer to my specific question.

I'm hoping that maybe you already have an answer!  I'm going to use the same test for both as we fly on the Saturday and cruise on the Sunday.

24 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

Hi. I'm sorry to take us back but I need some help from UK travellers.  Do I have to take a supervised test ie via video for it to be accepted so I can get on my plane!  I can't find the answer to my specific question.

Yes, the US fit to fly test, taken in the UK, needs to be supervised via video link or actually in person. 

13 minutes ago, Newbury newbie said:

Yes, the US fit to fly test, taken in the UK, needs to be supervised via video link or actually in person. 

If you are flying only 2 days before the cruise have you considered a Fit to Fly test at the airport on day of departure? A previous post said that he had used this test for both the flight and the cruise as Celebrity says 2 days not a strict 24hrs. We are flying on a Saturday and boarding on the Monday and I have been told this would be OK. We are going to use ExpressTest at Heathrow. If this is not the case please let me know.

2 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

That's good news, hopefully that also counts for us Germans. We are flying to Miami on a Saturday. I asked Celebrity if the German Fit to Fly test counts towards boarding on Sunday. Having to queue at MIA or elsewhere for testing would make me anxious. Now I'm waiting for the answer...

9 minutes ago, fridge said:

That's good news, hopefully that also counts for us Germans. We are flying to Miami on a Saturday. I asked Celebrity if the German Fit to Fly test counts towards boarding on Sunday. Having to queue at MIA or elsewhere for testing would make me anxious. Now I'm waiting for the answer...

If your fit to fly test is good enough to meet the CDC requirements for entering the US then it should be good for the ship.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, Newbury newbie said:

Minor panic this end! Went on the X site today to order our AbbottBinoxnow test kits to be sent to our Fort Lauderdale hotel, but it said “out of stock”! Is this common? Will I find they have stock in a few days to place an order?

We’ve got a few weeks yet, as we’re sailing 14 Feb, but I 

On 1/22/2022 at 7:00 PM, judla said:

This COVID testing is really perplexing and stressful.  So the PCR test  kits we purchased at Publix or received from the government aren't any good for the cruise?  We had a PCR test done in December after exposure and it took 4 days to get the results back.  I paid 29.99 for one kit of 2 tests at Publix and the one Celebrity wants us to use is $69.99 for 2 tests?  I am so very confused.

I believe your confusion comes in as not taking into consideration that an authorized third (3rd) party must verify the test as opposed to self-verification.

Thus difference in price.

Personally, I think that any cost under $200 pp is just part of the cost of cruising and will gladly pay it to board, of course if negative.

In health and bon voyage

5 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Newbury Newbie... it's possible, in your situation, to get the test at the pier.  Check this link to Celebrity and contact them if unable to get a test on your own.  Scroll down to "International guests only" section. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Yes, I’m aware of that option, thank you. But it’s $99, and probably more importantly, I wouldn’t want to find I’d gone positive at the pier (and so close to cruising again)!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

Yes, I’m aware of that option, thank you. But it’s $99, and probably more importantly, I wouldn’t want to find I’d gone positive at the pier (and so close to cruising again)!!

I'm guessing if you have a reservation through Celebrity it would be certain they'd have a test available.  But I agree, I would only use that option as a last resort.  Much better to get it a day or so prior.  

For any British cruisers still needing to sort their testing I’ve booked all our requirement with Qured.com today. Bought 4 x “Fit to Fly” supervised Antigen test kits for the wife and I to do the day before we fly out of LHR for MIA (on Friday) and then to carry two kits out to the US to repeat in our hotel supervised on the Saturday morning to satisfy the Celebrity pre-boarding requirements. 

If you use qured.com you can enter discount code BATRAVEL15 to get 15% off, with no need to be flying BA!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, Marie51 said:

Has anybody had any experience getting tested with Beeper MD? Apparently they’ll come to your hotel room and it says the test is free. 

Beepermd.com

I wouldn't recommend Beepermd.com . I made an appointment on 1/4 for today at 1:30 PM. Last night I get text and email saying they must change appointment to today at 10:30 AM. Finally at 1 PM after being a no show they text me to reschedule it for 2 PM. Told them to cancel this weeks test and next weeks tests for us. I then drove 4 miles to the city park and got my test done by Nomi Health https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/26/onsite .