Spa Sailors: What's your favorite Spa Service? Anyone Do The R3?

RCCL Fan

For years i've gotten the exact same massage on every cruise.....  75 min swedish or stones massage.

I'm thinking about branching out and trying new things.    

This R3 massage sounds like it may be great....  but then there's the bamboo.

What did you love and not love?   

18 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

For years i've gotten the exact same massage on every cruise.....  75 min swedish or stones massage.

Not sure what the R3 is.  I've got 5 massages scheduled for the Fall Wonder TA:  Thai Herbal Poultice, Swedish, Hot Rock, Bamboo and Deep Tissue in that order (hopefully gentle to deeper intensity is my itinerary).  I love those hot rock massages!  If you get the bamboo let us know how it went.

19 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

It’s a 3 step process. Tie a piece of bamboo near your neck. Put the Panda bear on your back to feed. It will walk in circles with its claws giving you the perfect massage. The salivating of the panda will act as a fine oil that will penetrate the skin giving you the energy of a king fu panda. The 3 rd step is a eucalyptus sauna with a koala bear to sooth your mind. For an extra 50.00 they will have your cabin attendant make a koala and panda bear towel animal that night to remind you of your R3 experience.😉

• Haha 7

34 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

It’s a 3 step process. Tie a piece of bamboo near your neck. Put the Panda bear on your back to feed. It will walk in circles with its claws giving you the perfect massage. The salivating of the panda will act as a fine oil that will penetrate the skin giving you the energy of a king fu panda. The 3 rd step is a eucalyptus sauna with a koala bear to sooth your mind. For an extra 50.00 they will have your cabin attendant make a koala and panda bear towel animal that night to remind you of your R3 experience.😉

LOL!

I usually only get a haircut in the spa while on board but DW always gets a massage.  We'll book one in advance on the cruise planner.  It will usually be a 75 min deep tissue on embarkation day, then she'll look for a deal on package that will include a massage and a couple other services.  She says that is a better way to do it than prebooking.

She's tried both stones and bamboo and wasn't really partial to either.  She always prefers the standard hands on massage.

44 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

I'm trying to decide between the hot rocks and swedish myself.  Is the hot rocks more just relaxing wit the heat, or do they actually massage too?

They do massage too. 

Bamboo is really good if you like a deep pressure. I'm a runner and Peloton-er, so I love the deep pressure on my legs, glutes, and shoulders. A normal deep tissue massage is always good, but I can get that on land. I do the bamboo massage on a ship because that's a bit harder to find on land. 

I haven't tried the thai poultice yet, but I may try that on my next cruise. 

On 1/24/2022 at 5:03 PM, natefish95 said:

Bamboo is really good if you like a deep pressure. I'm a runner and Peloton-er, so I love the deep pressure on my legs, glutes, and shoulders. A normal deep tissue massage is always good, but I can get that on land. I do the bamboo massage on a ship because that's a bit harder to find on land. 

I haven't tried the thai poultice yet, but I may try that on my next cruise. 

I have muscle aches in my legs and shoulders too....  I get treatments at home for them.  I was thinking why not try something different.   I'm leaning to the bamboo or the R3 to get my muscles worked out.

14 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I have muscle aches in my legs and shoulders too....  I get treatments at home for them.  I was thinking why not try something different.   I'm leaning to the bamboo or the R3 to get my muscles worked out.

Bamboo will definitely work your muscles out, but as noted above you may feel it for a while.

I can't figure out what an R3 massage is, can you tell me?

Thanks.

Tom

24 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I can't figure out what an R3 massage is, can you tell me?

Tom, if you don' t know what it is, I doubt you can help me with your thoughts on the experience.  hahaha

Here's a screenshot from the cruise planner. 

Screenshot 2022-01-27 10.58.05 AM.png