Bag of Laundry ?

17 hours ago, Magicat said:

A woman's blouse got into a bag once and they washed it.  It was buttoned so perhaps they didn't notice.  Also I have become quite professional at stuffing that bag.  Trick is to roll your laundry  and create a hollow cylinder shape leaving the middle empty.  When you get near the top, start filling in the centre with smaller articles like socks and underwear also rolled up.  Keep packing the centre in slowly and carefully stretching the bag to increase the size.  You would be amazed how much the bag stretches and how much you can squeeze in it.

Last few cruises on Harmony the bag was PAPER!    OUCH!   But - as you say - rolling is the secret. 

M

I never put anything in that bag that I would worry about getting ruined.  It's super hot water, and can be very hard on the items, plus has discolored some things.  Works great for cotton undies and socks though!   Work out t-shirts too.  We used the service all four weeks during in December and January.  

Don't forget...if you are both D+..... you both get a bag.  Just ask cabin attendant if you need the second one. 

Yes, paper bags last couple of weeks.  Attendant told us they were out of the plastic ones...or maybe they are "going green" like the paper straws.  Didn't matter...still came back the same.  

• Like 3

D+ gets a free bag and Diamond gets $10 off the regular price of $34.99

I bring scotch tape with me so I don't have to tie the bag shut.    This way I can cram in a lot of items and then tape the bag shut.     

Eric has always been amazed at how many items I have fit into that bag.    

I have done many different items - shorts, capri's, tops, polo tops, tshirts, underwear, socks, pjs, etc. etc.    Never have I been charged extra for any items.    

when doing a b2b or for cruises longer than 7 days I typically bring a small plastic bottle of woolite and hand wash my bathing suits and bras.     

On 1/25/2022 at 1:16 PM, island lady said:

Yes, paper bags last couple of weeks.  Attendant told us they were out of the plastic ones...or maybe they are "going green" like the paper straws.  Didn't matter...still came back the same.  

I've had a mix of paper and plastic bags for the dirty laundry since the restart (the plastic bags have something on them that says they're made of recycled or recyclable or compostable materials, I forget which, so they are already "green"), but the clean laundry has always come back in a paper bag.

I must be a pretty good bag-stuffer, too, because I sent off a plastic bag of dirty stuff last week on Navigator and it came back as two paper bags full of clean stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

If you roll your clothes real tight and cram as much as you can into a laundry bag, do your clothes even get washed? I can't think that water and soap could penetrate the cloth density much less rinse all the residue out.

The clothes are removed and put into their own mesh bag - unlikely they will stay the way they were when put into the original bag. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, joanne59 said:

We will be D+ when we get off our TA in Barcelona on May 5th. We then have b2b2b2b cruises so will DEFINITELY need bags of laundry cleaned for each trip. Love our C & A perks!!! 

Just a reminder that laundry bag is only free on cruises 5 nights and longer.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've had a mix of paper and plastic bags for the dirty laundry since the restart (the plastic bags have something on them that says they're made of recycled or recyclable or compostable materials, I forget which, so they are already "green"), but the clean laundry has always come back in a paper bag.

I must be a pretty good bag-stuffer, too, because I sent off a plastic bag of dirty stuff last week on Navigator and it came back as two paper bags full of clean stuff!

LOL...you are a more experienced and talented packer!  😉 

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The clothes are removed and put into their own mesh bag - unlikely they will stay the way they were when put into the original bag. 

Indeed, if they used the paper bag they gave me to toss in their wash, it would be hours picking out little bits of paper (hate that when I leave a Kleenex in a pocket when I do laundry!  😳)  

• Haha 1

DW won't go near those bags with her regular clothing.  She washes everything in cold water and hang dries at home for fear of shrinking, so the only thing going in the bag for her is socks and undies.  Me?  I stuff the bag with whatever fits and have never had a problem.

I'm glad they use the mesh bag method to wash.  On a Celebrity cruise years ago we sent out a bag and they put little stick on/iron on serial number tags on each piece of clothing to tell whose item was whose.  I was finding those little tags on my clothes for months afterwards.