Premium Beverage Package

PSR

Thank you for all the suggestions and replies about O’s drink packages & on board credit, especially pinotlover’s especially clear comments. We seem to manage to use all of our obc, why does it matter if OLife obc  is billed/paid early? Have never complained when the end of cruise receipt shows a small balance.  

37 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Thank you for all the suggestions and replies about O’s drink packages & on board credit, especially pinotlover’s especially clear comments. We seem to manage to use all of our obc, why does it matter if OLife obc  is billed/paid early? Have never complained when the end of cruise receipt shows a small balance.  

The difference is the OLife OBC is non-refundable and if you take cruise only and purchase the same amount of OBC for yourself, it is refundable....

4 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

The value of the beverage package depends on the individual. For us, purchasing the OLife beverage package works out very well. On our upcoming 10-day cruise the OLife price is $600 or $30/day/pp.

I don't drink much outside of meal times so the basic beverage package is a good value for me. We'll go to happy hour but I'll just have a soft drink. My husband will have an after dinner drink or two so he will upgrade.

We'll bring a bottle or two of wine in our luggage to drink on our balcony (one of my favorite things about cruising). 

The point is it's nice to have choices.  Not all cruise lines let you do that. 

The Prem package is $ 60 per day perperson...  so a 10 day cruise with the prem package for 2  would be $1200. total     $60 per day pp  not $30.     You can  not  use the package to buy drinks for others....   or you will loose it without refund !!   Cheating on the package is never a good idea...

5 minutes ago, basor said:

The difference is the OLife OBC is non-refundable and if you take cruise only and purchase the same amount of OBC for yourself, it is refundable....

Edited by Norseh2o

16 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

The Prem package is $ 60 per day perperson...  so a 10 day cruise with the prem package for 2  would be $1200. total     $60 per day pp  not $30.     You can  not  use the package to buy drinks for others....   or you will loose it without refund !!   Cheating on the package is never a good idea...

Sorry but I do not follow what you're saying.  To repeat, we bought the OLife Beverage Package for $600.  That calculates to $300 per person.  On a 10-day cruise that calculates to $30/day/per person.  For $30 I can have wine with lunch and dinner from the list. Perfect. For me, that is a very good value.  I have absolutely no interest in purchasing the premium package as I rarely drink outside of meal times and I never drink hard liquor. Like I said, the one and only time I will drink outside of meal times is wine that we have brought in our luggage to drink on our balcony.  

I'm really curious why you mentioned "buying drinks for others" and "cheating"?  What does that have to do with me purchasing the basic beverage package?  My husband has purchased the premium package and I can guarantee you that he has NEVER bought a drink for me using his card if that is what you are implying. 

20 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Sorry but I do not follow what you're saying.  To repeat, we bought the OLife Beverage Package for $600.  That calculates to $300 per person.  On a 10-day cruise that calculates to $30/day/per person.  For $30 I can have wine with lunch and dinner from the list. Perfect. For me, that is a very good value.  I have absolutely no interest in purchasing the premium package as I rarely drink outside of meal times and I never drink hard liquor. Like I said, the one and only time I will drink outside of meal times is wine that we have brought in our luggage to drink on our balcony.  

I'm really curious why you mentioned "buying drinks for others" and "cheating"?  What does that have to do with me purchasing the basic beverage package?  My husband has purchased the premium package and I can guarantee you that he has NEVER bought a drink for me using his card if that is what you are implying. 

With OLife you have 3 choices......OBC (which appears to be $300.00 per person) OR basic beverage package (which is $40.00 pp per day so value of $400.00 per person) OR shore excursions (which, generally, can be an excursion up to around $200.00 per person per excursion- so multiply the number of free excursions by $200.00 for per person value).

So the value of the OLife is different for each choice with the OBC being the least value.  Cruise only is the cost of Olife minus the value of the OBC 

Hope this helps with understanding

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, basor said:

With OLife you have 3 choices......OBC (which appears to be $300.00 per person) OR basic beverage package (which is $40.00 pp per day so value of $400.00 per person) OR shore excursions (which, generally, can be an excursion up to around $200.00 per person per excursion- so multiply the number of free excursions by $200.00 for per person value).

So the value of the OLife is different for each choice with the OBC being the least value.  Cruise only is the cost of Olife minus the value of the OBC 

Hope this helps with understanding

I understand all of that.  I am well aware of the 3 choices. 

The point I was trying to make is that the OLife beverage package which can be purchased for $30/day/person is a good value.  

4 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

The point I was trying to make is that the OLife beverage package which can be purchased for $30/day/person is a good value.  

Great - yes by choosing OLife Beverage package, you are paying $30.00 pp per day but getting a $40.00pp per day value.

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

My error...I  did not understand that your just taking  only the basic.     SO..please accept my  apologies         I have seen some that were  gamers of the system.....obviously your not one.       Sorry I may have inferred that  

• Like 1

I think there is some confusion  here

If you choose the OLife drink package in the fare  then it is good deal if you drink wine  with meals

If you are buying the package yourself  it is $39.95 pp pd  then it depends on how much you drink 

I may only have 1 glass of wine with dinner so for me it is not a good deal  but for others it works out fine

One has to do the math then decide

If people choose the OBC perk  you are paying for your OBC  ,,it works out fine if you know you will spend it

it is  a case of YMMV

As Lyn pointed out above, it's $39.95 a day, not $30. Where are you getting the $30 figure from? Is that the Olife price? 

27 minutes ago, ORV said:

As Lyn pointed out above, it's $39.95 a day, not $30. Where are you getting the $30 figure from? Is that the Olife price? 

Yes, $30 is the OLife price.  $300 for a 10-day cruise.  For some it's not a good deal. For me, it is. Everyone is different so you have to do the math to figure out what is best for you.

I'll drink 1 glass of wine with lunch and 2 with dinner.  Gratuities are included so it's an exceptional value for me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

If you are in a penthouse suite and you have the premium alcohol package can your butler bring you a bottle of spirits or just a drink?

Only a drink.

If you let your butler know that drink is a favorite, and will be ordered often, he will keep all the ingredients in his butler’s pantry so to make it himself. This saves him the trip to Martinis to have it made there, plus speeds your turnaround.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Only a drink.

If you let your butler know that drink is a favorite, and will be ordered often, he will keep all the ingredients in his butler’s pantry so to make it himself. This saves him the trip to Martinis to have it made there, plus speeds your turnaround.

As an option....you can buy or bring all manner of liquor on board to ANY cabin ( even mine) and make your own..    If you have a butler. let him know what garnishes and mixer you need and he will stock your fridge       Like a pitcher of Bloody Mary  mix with lemons.