Question about Sorrento's Pizza on Indy

51 minutes ago, chrcruiser said:

Do they offer anything to drink with the Pizza that is complimentary? And do they have any food other than Pizza?

No disrespect but most of these questions can be answered with a simple google search.    

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2210

1 hour ago, Beagle Rancher said:

The only complimentary drinks at Sorrento’s  on Independence are lemonade and ice water. 

Hmmm...there's coffee reg & decaf, tea bags assorted flavors and packets to make hot chocolate also at the DIY drink area of Sorrento's I believe.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What I miss is a ice machine to add ice to my drinks.

That's usually available as well. In the COVID era you may need to get creative and take the prefilled glass of water with ice, pour out the water, and voila, ice.

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's usually available as well. In the COVID era you may need to get creative and take the prefilled glass of water with ice, pour out the water, and voila, ice.

If I remember even precovid they still didn’t like you using your own cups/yeti tumblers to get ice or drinks.   
think I had to take prefilled glasses and empty into my tumbler.    

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Wasnt on liberty. We went to a nearby bar and got a glass of ice. 

The water comes out of a spigot and no ice comes thru.  Voila ... no ice.

My comment stands, I wish they had a ice machine. I like lots of ice. 

Hello,

No-one has mentioned the food.

When Indy sailed out of the UK, Sorrento's served the following in addition to pizza: Soup; Hot Meat Pies with fillings changing daily; filled rolls/baguettes (chilled); a roasted meat joint that could be carved freshly and made into a hot roll/baguette; chilled desserts eg jello and less stale versions of the cookies that we should be so grateful to receive as part of our Diamond welcome package. (That doesn't sound bitter does it?)

Regards,

Cublet.

3 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

When Indy sailed out of the UK, Sorrento's served the following in addition to pizza: Soup; Hot Meat Pies with fillings changing daily; filled rolls/baguettes (chilled); a roasted meat joint that could be carved freshly and made into a hot roll/baguette; chilled desserts eg jello and less stale versions of the cookies that we should be so grateful to receive as part of our Diamond welcome package. (That doesn't sound bitter does it?)

Regards,

Cublet.

3 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet.

Actually in the very first response I posted with the link. Everything right there in black and white.   
sorry not diamond status.  But still the same answer.  Lol.  

32 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Any place on the ship that serves food, serves the same free drinks.  Water, Ice Tea, and punch or lemonade.....all of which is yuck

I drink the lemonade all the time.  It’s not so bad.   
but I do carry crystal lite with me.    I only drink water/crystal lite on my cruises.  

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, there were no drinks there at all, including water?

There were. I said the drinks came out of a spigot and no ice came thru. How do you read this as no drinks. You could get lemonade and if you wanted ice get a extra glass and take it to a nearby bar. I asked the bar for ice but he didnt have plastic take away glasses. So got a extra plastic glass and took it to him. 

The pizza place on liberty never had a ice machine. I made the simple statement .. I'd like a ice machine.  

5 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Any place on the ship that serves food, serves the same free drinks.  Water, Ice Tea, and punch or lemonade.....all of which is yuck

That can vary by ship...We've had some good lemonade & ice tea as recently as last week on Navigator.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wasnt on liberty. We went to a nearby bar and got a glass of ice. 

The water comes out of a spigot and no ice comes thru.  Voila ... no ice.

My comment stands, I wish they had a ice machine. I like lots of ice. 

You don't need to get a soft drink package to get ice out of the self serve pop machines.

• Like 1

Just now, mac66 said:

You don't need to get a soft drink package to get ice out of the self serve pop machines.

Awesome, except the self serve pop machines on liberty are not working... I had someone on a future roll call ask me to find out and I asked the diamond concierge about them and she said they were shut down because of covid.. .. 

So that's 2 of you with wrong info for liberty. I'll be back on Sunday but I doubt its changed in the last few weeks. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Awesome, except the self serve pop machines on liberty are not working... I had someone on a future roll call ask me to find out and I asked the diamond concierge about them and she said they were shut down because of covid.. .. 

So that's 2 of you with wrong info for liberty. I'll be back on Sunday but I doubt its changed in the last few weeks. 

Well, pardon me all to heck for not being up to date on the Liberty but I thought this thread was on the Independence?  😉

Edited by mac66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mac66 said:

Well, pardon me all to heck for not being up to date on the Liberty. 😉

Sorry. I am a little tired of being corrected. Should have said it nicer, as I agree that I'm just tired of it. Biker earlier on this thread misread what I answered. We would not have gone to a bar in the promenade to get a cup of ice if there was ice closer. 

But I shouldnt have snapped. I'm as bad as a couple of others on here if I do the same. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 8:27 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet.

I looked at the link provided (and searched as well) and it did not mention most of this food.  Is this food available in most Sorrento's.  I normally only see pictures of pizza and grilled vegetables, cheese, and olives, not meat joint, soup, or sandwiches.

Thanks.