Does NCL inform/flight changes?

janroatan

I would keep track of it with the airline.  If there is a significant change that is unreasonable or unacceptable (such as moving you to a later flight that gets you in too late for the cruise) then you might need to engage NCL.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I would keep track of it with the airline.  If there is a significant change that is unreasonable or unacceptable (such as moving you to a later flight that gets you in too late for the cruise) then you might need to engage NCL.

Totally agree. I’ve had many flight time changes and the only way I found out about them is checking with the airline. NCL or my TA didn’t contact me.

Had a flight changed to the day after sailing & only found out when we turned up at the airport. Had to organise new flights ourselves and we are still waiting on the cost of the new flights or old flights to be reimbursed.

I would recommend not to organise flights with NCL but if you do keep a close eye on them

2 hours ago, janroatan said:

Does NCL inform us if there is flight time changes?

Or is it up to us to keep checking with actual airline?

I recommend that once you get your flight confirmations, you log in to the specific airline(s) and link their confirmation codes or other flight locator numbers to your personal contact information.  If you already have online accounts/frequent flyer numbers on the airline then that should be very simple.  But if not, just setup a new FF account with that airline.  You will then get all updates directly from the Airline based on how you setup your account with them.  Don't rely on NCL to keep you informed on every airline change that could occur (particularly these days)

On our December cruise we did the airfare promo with NCL.  They had us on American down to Florida and United home.   By linking our flights with our airline profiles we not only received all the proper notifications directly from the airlines (Gate changes, delays, etc.), but were able to modify seats, get free baggage and even an upgrade home based on our airline status.

29 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I recommend that once you get your flight confirmations, you log in to the specific airline(s) and link their confirmation codes or other flight locator numbers to your personal contact information.  If you already have online accounts/frequent flyer numbers on the airline then that should be very simple.  But if not, just setup a new FF account with that airline.  You will then get all updates directly from the Airline based on how you setup your account with them.  Don't rely on NCL to keep you informed on every airline change that could occur (particularly these days)

On our December cruise we did the airfare promo with NCL.  They had us on American down to Florida and United home.   By linking our flights with our airline profiles we not only received all the proper notifications directly from the airlines (Gate changes, delays, etc.), but were able to modify seats, get free baggage and even an upgrade home based on our airline status.

I second this - make contact with the airline.  Plus you can often choose your seats at that time.

After getting flight confirmations from NCL, we keep track ourselves.  Our last flights were shown with Delta airlines, but the actual flights were operated by KLM on the way out, and AA on the way back.  We went on KLM and AA to enter our FF, bought extra legroom seats on one KLM segment, etc.

There were slight flight time changes.  No notification from NCL, we kept track ourselves.

Nope, you can kind of keep track on your own where it shows airfare. 

Sometimes they will list any layover cities, and then it'll change.

You can choose your seats once you get the code for your airline on the edocs. This is done through the airline,  not ncl under my trips, then enter the information they ask.

I got a email 1/26 in the evening from AA saying they had a weather alert for our flight on 1/29 (day of our cruise) said we could rebook at no charge for a flight on 1/28 but had to go through ncl ( everything was booked with ncl). Called ncl and they said they would send a request to AA for a change and would get back to me with a answer. Never heard back from ncl and went to check cruise docs and my flight was changed to the 28th. Had I not looked at docs and saw the change on my own, I would have never known. Never received a email, phone call , nothing. 

4 minutes ago, usahawk1 said:

I got a email 1/26 in the evening from AA saying they had a weather alert for our flight on 1/29 (day of our cruise) said we could rebook at no charge for a flight on 1/28 but had to go through ncl ( everything was booked with ncl). Called ncl and they said they would send a request to AA for a change and would get back to me with a answer. Never heard back from ncl and went to check cruise docs and my flight was changed to the 28th. Had I not looked at docs and saw the change on my own, I would have never known. Never received a email, phone call , nothing. 

Sorry, let me reiterate, just checked my junk folder and there was a email informing me of flight change from ncl

It is up to you to sign up with the airline for notifications about your flight status once NCL Air send over the confirmation.  They won’t follow up and tell you your flight status.  For this weekend, I would suggest you proactively check the status and your flights and make changes if a change waiver is in place most major airlines already have the change waiver for 28/29.  Don’t wait for them because there are other people looking for the next available seat to get to their cruise/destination.  Time is not on your side when it comes to rebooking a time sensitive flight!