Ruby D732 Covered Balcony?

grak

56 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Essiesmom, I know you generally book accessible cabins.  Have you stayed in or seen inside of any of the wheelchair accessible D732 or D733 on any of the Grand class ships, especially the Grand Princess?  

D732 and D733 are not wheelchair accessible on the Ruby.

D732 and D733 are wheelchair accessible on the Grand.

You  would get a better response if you started a new topic rather than using this one.

By the way the Ruby Princess is a Crown class ship which is a derivative of the Grand Class so not quite the same size or layout.

Edited by brisalta

Actually, I have never booked a he cabin, nor do I need one.  I was assigned one on an inside gty on Diamond Princess.  

It is my understanding that D732 & D733 were designed to be accessible, but either they didn’t make the doorways wide enough, or there was t turning space to enter the cabins…anyway, they have accessible bathrooms and a different layout.  I have not personally been in one.  EM

14 hours ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Essiesmom, I know you generally book accessible cabins.  Have you stayed in or seen inside of any of the wheelchair accessible D732 or D733 on any of the Grand class ships, especially the Grand Princess?  

We were assigned D733 on our one & only guaranteed cruise (since then we choose a cabin).

It was amazing. Designed (but didn't pass all requirements) for handicap. Extra wide entry door (for wheelchairs). No tub, an enormous walk-in shower & no vanity under the sink. Huge balcony. The only downside was to put the bed in Queen config, makes the space to walk from the bed area to the sitting room/balcony area a little tight.

Bathroom (1).JPG

Balcony (2).JPG

Balcony (1).JPG

Before (3).JPG

Before (3).JPG

After (2).JPG