Powerade or Gatorade

Lilly-Ann

Just wonder if you know if Holland has Powerade or Gatorade on the ship? Also do you know if it is included in the signature drink package. I was trying to confirm. I read we are no longer able to carry any drinks on with us.

Thanks so much.

I know they had electrolyte drinks and sports drinks in Explorations Cafe on several of our sailings (Vitamin Water, I think). I don’t think they had them on our last cruise in 2019 (they may have been out of their supply).

We pack the electrolyte drink mix packets and also Mio drops to add these to water.

Good luck!

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, syesmar said:

I know they had electrolyte drinks and sports drinks in Explorations Cafe on several of our sailings (Vitamin Water, I think). I don’t think they had them on our last cruise in 2019 (they may have been out of their supply).

We pack the electrolyte drink mix packets and also Mio drops to add these to water.

Good luck!

Good thinking!  I havent cruised for awhile (2 years) and HAL completely changed their drink policy to make more money.  It used to be you could bring aboard one bottle of wine for your stateroom in carry on and juice in cans in your checked luggage. Not any more,

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• Guests 21 years and older may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). Limitations apply. Wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused. 
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in any form including, but not limited to, paper, plastic, glass, or aluminum bottles, cans, and/or cartons. However, an allowance of six (6) liters of water [twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 mL in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less)] are allowed per stateroom. Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed on board. 
  • Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding. Beverages contained in plastic bottles will not be allowed on board in any quantity, including beverages obtained while in ports of call.
  • Thanks 1

No more Vitamin Water available on ships(at least on my December Koningsdam sailing) due to the plastic bottles. The Kdam has a freestyle machine and it dispenses various flavors of Power Ade. The Elite beverage package is supposed to include Freestyle although I had a challenge getting a bottle for its use.   

• Thanks 2

On 1/31/2022 at 10:04 AM, Unlvswezel said:

No more Vitamin Water available on ships(at least on my December Koningsdam sailing) due to the plastic bottles. The Kdam has a freestyle machine and it dispenses various flavors of Power Ade. The Elite beverage package is supposed to include Freestyle although I had a challenge getting a bottle for its use.   

Thanks!  I am sailing on the Special K in a few weeks.....I am wondering if I have to go to the Lido and get a glass of something and pour it into a small 8 oz bottle in my man pouch to smuggle it up to my room!  They need to sell quality beverages in cans (crunchable and recycleable) at a reasonable price.What does the "Freestyle" machine charge for what size of drink?

3 hours ago, Coyote Chris said:

Thanks!  I am sailing on the Special K in a few weeks.....I am wondering if I have to go to the Lido and get a glass of something and pour it into a small 8 oz bottle in my man pouch to smuggle it up to my room!  They need to sell quality beverages in cans (crunchable and recycleable) at a reasonable price.What does the "Freestyle" machine charge for what size of drink?

Typically you get a special Freestyle cup. I think it’s 16oz. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unlvswezel said:

Typically you get a special Freestyle cup. I think it’s 16oz. 

OK....and how much is that?  Two years ago, I could get a cup of juice or? in the lido and take it to may room....now I have to devise ways of smuggling plastic containers aboard.  "Why yes, that is a 16 oz container of metamucil....why do you ask?" 😉

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in any form including, but not limited to, paper, plastic, glass, or aluminum bottles, cans, and/or cartons. However, an allowance of six (6) liters of water [twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 mL in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less)] are allowed per stateroom. Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed on board.

If we can take water on board in cans or cartons, why not soda or juice as long as it is in cans or cartons?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigrou said:

If we can take water on board in cans or cartons, why not soda or juice as long as it is in cans or cartons?  

Their ship, their rules.

To expand your idea, then why not wine as it is in cartons? 

12 hours ago, Coyote Chris said:

OK....and how much is that?  Two years ago, I could get a cup of juice or? in the lido and take it to may room....now I have to devise ways of smuggling plastic containers aboard.  "Why yes, that is a 16 oz container of metamucil....why do you ask?" 😉

The Freestyle is included in both the Quench ($17.95 per day) or the Elite ($54.95) packages. 

Edited by Unlvswezel

14 hours ago, Tigrou said:

They dont want to have you bring soda or juice on board so they can sell you stuff from these new dispensing machines I havent experienced yet.  Hopefully, the water coming out of my room faucet is potable.  I havent cruised in 2 years so I dont know if one can go to the lido and fill a container with lemonaide

29 minutes ago, Coyote Chris said:

They dont want to have you bring soda or juice on board so they can sell you stuff from these new dispensing machines I havent experienced yet.  Hopefully, the water coming out of my room faucet is potable.  I havent cruised in 2 years so I dont know if one can go to the lido and fill a container with lemonaide

Guess what your lemonade/ice/ice water/coffee/tea… is made with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coyote Chris said:

I dont know if one can go to the lido and fill a container with lemonaide

I had no problem filling a 22 oz thermal container with ice and lemonade or water in the Lido on the Konigsdam in October and taking it out to the aft pool or back to my cabin.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, VMax1700 said:

Their ship, their rules.

To expand your idea, then why not wine as it is in cartons? 

13 hours ago, Coyote Chris said:

They dont want to have you bring soda or juice on board so they can sell you stuff from these new dispensing machines I havent experienced yet.  

I know that ultimately, as with everything else, it's to make them more money.  But they sell water on board too, possibly at a greater profit than soda.  

I guess for those who drink wine there's a good choice available on board.  Not so much with soda, it's Coke products whether you like them or not.  Fortunately I do, but it's a bit rough for someone who likes a particular brand of soda which isn't sold on board not being able to have their favourite whilst on holiday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I brought along my empty water bottle, that I use for hiking, on our NA November cruise. It is a 32 oz container and the Lido staff filled it with ice water for me whenever I asked.

Good to know!  I didnt know if the ships were going to the sports arena model of making money. NO empty or full water bottles allowed. NO drinking fountains turned on. Caps removed from sold water bottles. I will pack one of my many hiking water bottles....

13 hours ago, pahica said:

I had no problem filling a 22 oz thermal container with ice and lemonade or water in the Lido on the Konigsdam in October and taking it out to the aft pool or back to my cabin.

Excellent. Exactly what I need to know.  So no one has an issue with pax dispensing their own drinks from pitchers or dispensers?

58 minutes ago, Coyote Chris said:

Excellent. Exactly what I need to know.  So no one has an issue with pax dispensing their own drinks from pitchers or dispensers?

The staff asked that they be the ones to do it. I think so that they can be sure nothing that would touch our mouths would touch the dispenser.

11 hours ago, Coyote Chris said:

I just used one of the clean drinking glasses to add ice/water to my bottle and the Lido crew didn't seem to have an issue with it.  This was before the Omicron surge though, so things may have changed in the past 3 months.

7 hours ago, pahica said:

I just used one of the clean drinking glasses to add ice/water to my bottle and the Lido crew didn't seem to have an issue with it.  This was before the Omicron surge though, so things may have changed in the past 3 months.

I don't see why that wouldn't be OK. No different than drinking out of the glass itself.

The dispensers and pitchers serve multiple people between cleanings so that would be more of a concern.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:15 AM, Sea42 said:

I don't see why that wouldn't be OK. No different than drinking out of the glass itself.

The dispensers and pitchers serve multiple people between cleanings so that would be more of a concern.

Got my powdered zero G gaitoraide in the mail...very important to have should one encounter norovirus, which I have had 4 times. When able, drink two quarts of gaitoraide or other electrolight after waking up from passing out.