Live Review Oasis Of The Sea 1/30/2022 - 2/06/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

Definitely following! I had seen last night that you had arrived in Atlanta and were trying to get a connecting flight to Miami since your previous flight was a missed connection. Glad you were able to get that sorted out. Too bad you had to spend the night in the Airport, though.

After seeing how well you’ve handled all the changes in plans at the start of your trip, I can’t wait to see how the rest of your trip goes. Hopefully, no more  problems, just fun! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

We finally got onboard for our flight by 11AM but we went into technical issues, boarding pass won’t scan, then while they were loading luggages the luggage tags won’t scan, then they put two people in the same seat but I was so tired I was drifting in and out just hearing the announcements.  Finally we were ready to go and we touched down at MIA 2:05PM.

This was probably the most stressful travel experience on record, but we fly a lot for work/leisure so we knew what to expect and what the agent expect from us.  You have to stay calm when asking someone for help and keep the tone of the voice low.  Have alternate flight plans ready so you suggest your itinerary to the agent during irregular operations and remember that the nicer the calmer you are the better the results.  The “ I will never fly Xxx airline” during irregular operation while you are trying to rebook is not going to help you!

Also I am glad that I purchase my own airfare because if I had gone through Royal air, I would have to rely and them to deal with Delta I can guarantee that we would not be in Miami right now.  You have to be proactive with your flights if you want to get to where you want to go!

Well done and congrats on getting to Florida under these circumstances.  Having worked as an airline ticket desk agent for 40 years I've seem some truly awful disruptions, though we rarely get extreme weather problems in the UK. Thanks for keeping your cool with the agents who must of been stressed out too. 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Isn't that the purpose of the UDP? 😉

Yes it is … which is why in my head I am already thinking early Japanese snack around 5 and late dinner somewhere else and possibly sneaking in a playmaker chocolate chip cookie somewhere in between 😝 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, perfect match said:

Definitely following! I had seen last night that you had arrived in Atlanta and were trying to get a connecting flight to Miami since your previous flight was a missed connection. Glad you were able to get that sorted out. Too bad you had to spend the night in the Airport, though.

After seeing how well you’ve handled all the changes in plans at the start of your trip, I can’t wait to see how the rest of your trip goes. Hopefully, no more  problems, just fun! 

Thank you so much!  You always see that airport scene on TV but it’s until you actually experience it yourself you realize how resilient people are.  You see older folks using wheels chairs to prop themselves ups to sleep.  The tables at the food court become either a bed or a roof for those sleeping underneath it.  It is just incredible!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Well done and congrats on getting to Florida under these circumstances.  Having worked as an airline ticket desk agent for 40 years I've seem some truly awful disruptions, though we rarely get extreme weather problems in the UK. Thanks for keeping your cool with the agents who must of been stressed out too. 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday 

Bravo !!!  I always marveled at how well frontline employees take the pressure and abuse from some passengers during irregular operations and how they still have to smile when being yelled at and still have to provide assistance.  Thank you for all that you have done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, moonltnite said:

We will be on Oasis March 6th. It’s unbelievable what you’ve had to go through so far!  Your perseverance is amazing!  You deserve a wonderful and relaxing week and I’ll be following your adventure. 🛳🏝

Thank you so much!  First time on Oasis of the Sea so it should be an amazing adventure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Will be interested in your impression of the CD.   We were on B2B the first 2 weeks of January, and were very disappointed in the CD.  

Maybe we we spoiled because we had such a great one on Odyssey.  

Wow!  Well the CD on Odyssey was amazing when we sailed back in October so that’s a high bar!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Looks like a fabulous breakfast.

I've just been watching the news reports about the storm you dodged. It was a really bad one. You were lucky to get out. 😱

The storm was bad… lots of snow and wind so definitely glad we got out.  Feel bad for those that had planned to leave Saturday and weren’t able to go to alternate airports because in NY/NNJ/CT/MA area the airlines will restart Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

Benny,

We are scheduled to board at 11:30.  If the Meet and Mingle invitation is in our cabin, we will post the time.

That would be awesome!  I tried the UK link. The USA link it just keeps taking back to step one.  Unable to sign up no matter what and then something came up the last two days 😆 and I was unable to dedicate time to resolve that issue!

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1 Embarkation Day

We got in line at noon so the clock starts now on when we will make it to Chops!

Is that a suite lunch at Chops?  The Key lunch is an abbreviated menu from Chops in the MDR. We are supposed to have that. 

• Like 1

Thank you for being brave and flying from NJ to FL in January!  Appreciate you taking one for the team!  We’re from RI, living in Virginia for over 40 years, and don’t leave the house in January and February. Can’t believe we have cruised from FL in early December.  And we’ve been to Disney World many times in early to mid December.  Now we’re old, retired, and just stay home!  We tend to cruise in March or April. We do have a cruise on Oasis out of NJ in July. We’ll drive up there the day before.  Haven’t been on Oasis since 2015. 

Looking forward to following along!