What is the last day before a Cruise TA could change your rooms and we have a Move Up bid in

cgolf1

When the time comes we fully expect our minimum Move Up bid to fail. So could we have our TA try to find us another room and would they then cancel our Move up Bid? 

The confusion is it sounds like they don't act on the move up bids until the booking window closes. I have read that some people have gotten better deals by calling and changing their rooms than even the minimum Move up bid. We are happy with our room and have zero problem if we keep it, but seeing how more and more ocean views and especially Veranda cabins are opening up it has me thinking that calling and asking couldn't hurt. This would also keep us from getting a room on Deck 7 of the Constellation.

Yes, you can have your TA quote an upgraded cabin and then cancel your Move Up bid.  Assuming that you do it before your bid is accepted
Move up bid are often accepted before the booking window has closed.  You can find a sticky above that shows when people have won their bids.  Some of the winning bids are significantly early.  I would guess most of them are not at the last minute.

If you would not be happy with a winning bid in the worst location for your biding category, I suggest you immediately cancel your bid.  If you pay for your upgrade, you will have control of you cabin assignment.

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, you can have your TA quote an upgraded cabin and then cancel your Move Up bid.  Assuming that you do it before your bid is accepted
Move up bid are often accepted before the booking window has closed.  You can find a sticky above that shows when people have won their bids.  Some of the winning bids are significantly early.  I would guess most of them are not at the last minute.

If you would not be happy with a winning bid in the worst location for your biding category, I suggest you immediately cancel your bid.  If you pay for your upgrade, you will have control of you cabin assignment.

Good luck.

We bid the minimum for a ocean view which isn't on the quarentine floor of the constellation so we would be good. I wonder if that is the reason that some of the verandas are opening up, either on deck 7 or rooms above or below those cabins? Hard to tell, we are just happy to be back cruising:) Taking a year off made us realize how much we really enjoy cruising.

Edited by cgolf1
  • Thanks 1

If I were you, I'd go ahead and get a quote for any upgrades that might interest you.  The actual cost of a direct upgrade may very well be about the same (or even less) than the minimum Move Up bid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

We bid the minimum for a ocean view which isn't on the quarentine floor of the constellation so we would be good. I wonder if that is the reason that some of the verandas are opening up, either on deck 7 or rooms above or below those cabins? Hard to tell, we are just happy to be back cruising:) Taking a year off made us realize how much we really enjoy cruising.

I was not aware that you could specify a floor for a move up bid. It's my understanding that once you submit a bid you agree to accept any location for that category of cabin if your bid is accepted.

5 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I was not aware that you could specify a floor for a move up bid. It's my understanding that once you submit a bid you agree to accept any location for that category of cabin if your bid is accepted.

You can't Deck 7 has no oceanview cabins, or at least none that were showing as available. I think the only ones would be the forward facing rooms, but those I believe are in the quarentine zone.

45 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

You can't Deck 7 has no oceanview cabins, or at least none that were showing as available. I think the only ones would be the forward facing rooms, but those I believe are in the quarentine zone.

Because a cabin isn’t available doesn’t mean you couldn’t get it in a Move Up.

Oceanview occupant does a Move to a Veranda, or late cancellation could open up what is currently showing as unavailable.

35 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Because a cabin isn’t available doesn’t mean you couldn’t get it in a Move Up.

Oceanview occupant does a Move to a Veranda, or late cancellation could open up what is currently showing as unavailable.

True, but unless they change their Quarentine zone that wouldn't happen here. We have been monitoring the available rooms for a while now and haven't seen an oceanview open on deck 7 at all. So it may be possible, but we will take whatever we get including our current room.

Not sure what rooms 7000 through 7004 are. 03 and 04 could be verandas?

image.png.f0ab6bf7cdeec266e7abc9171231eee3.png

Edited by cgolf1

20 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

True, but unless they change their Quarentine zone that wouldn't happen here. We have been monitoring the available rooms for a while now and haven't seen an oceanview open on deck 7 at all. So it may be possible, but we will take whatever we get including our current room.

7002 and 7003 are accessible oceanview

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 1:37 PM, cgolf1 said:

They are all Oceanview cabins and 7002 and 7003 are very large.

• Like 1