Veuve Clicquot dinner?

JahHaus

51 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

Unfortunately, no, I do not. I only know about it because I've read about it here, and it's showing up on my March Summit cruise planner.

Would you mind posting a picture of what you see in the planner?  I am curious.

Price was $155 or $160.  Not available ahead of time. I always go to specialty maitre d' as soon as I board to get on the list.  The food and pairing is so much better than Chef's Table.  VC controls the menu rather than Boulud.  I'm allergic to shellfish so they substituted seared tuna for the scallops which was the best I've ever eaten.  LLP chose VC to "pair" with X and is why the Magic Carpet is painted Clicquot orange.  The glasses are extra special, too, and only used at the dinner.  The VC dinner is my "must do" every cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chrissit said:

I cannot personally answer the OP’s questions as this was not available on the Equinox in Nov, but this thread may be of assistance. I had the pleasure of running into @GenerationXon board and if my memory serves me, at that time this dinner Summit or Constellation, Apex and Edge.

Her Summit thread was what originally got me interested in this dinner and I’m hoping it’s still on the Apex when we board.

It was a pleasure meeting you!  I’m currently on the Edge and the veuve dinner is being offered on night 6.  It isn’t showing up in the app but I believe that’s because it sold out by lunch time on the first day of the cruise, even with less than 700 passengers onboard.  Since I’m sailing solo my fantastic sommelier and retreat host were able to pull some strings to get me one more seat!  I’ll be sure to do a full report on it in my live review.  But if it’s something you’re interested in doing on Apex I definitely recommend asking about signing up first thing when you get onboard, or if you’re lucky enough to be sailing in a royal suite or higher (if so I’m quite jealous), maybe even try asking the shoreside concierge in advance. Cheers and bon voyage!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thank you @misterkevin.  For those of us who can’t use the app, does anyone know where you can find this in the browser (celebrity.com)?  Is it under restaurants or dining?

Unfortunately, I was never successful finding it on the Celebrity site.  I checked frequently in both dinning and beverage packages (where they sometimes hide the wine events).  For me it was only visible and able to be booked once onboard on the particular cruise. 

18 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Unfortunately, I was never successful finding it on the Celebrity site.  I checked frequently in both dinning and beverage packages (where they sometimes hide the wine events).  For me it was only visible and able to be booked once onboard on the particular cruise. 

Thank you anyway.  Do you know Billy Idol?

On 1/31/2022 at 8:32 PM, zitsky said:

Does anyone know if the Veuve Clicquot dinner is offered on the Reflection?  I’m considering a cruise in September.

This was offered on the 12/26/21 sailing on the Reflection. I believe it was $160pp. We seriously considered it, but we ended up doing regular specialty dining every night instead of doing this or the chef's table. It was not available to book in advance online or via phone. It was only offered onboard. I recommend booking it on embarkation day right after boarding. There was a desk to the left of guest relations for dining reservations.

1 minute ago, LizO830 said:

This was offered on the 12/26/21 sailing on the Reflection. I believe it was $160pp. We seriously considered it, but we ended up doing regular specialty dining every night instead of doing this or the chef's table. It was not available to book in advance online or via phone. It was only offered onboard. I recommend booking it on embarkation day right after boarding. There was a desk to the left of guest relations for dining reservations.

OK thank you!  On my canceled Infinity cruise I was going to do the Chef's Table (Daniel Boulud).  But I have not heard many good things about it.  On the other hand, I've read many nice things about the Veuve Clicquot dinner.

On 2/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, misterkevin said:

I could talk champagne and sparkling wine all day. However, I would not like to derail this thread from the original question like so many of you have. 

One remaining open question is still what is the cost of the dinner? I see it on my upcoming Summit itinerary, but the cost isn't posted in the Celebrity app.

The last cost I know of is $150.00pp

• Thanks 1

I was on the 12/11/21 Reflection sailing. VC dinner was visible on the app before sailing but could only be booked on-board. I went straight to Cellar Master and spoke to Nelson. He said the dinner would only happen if enough people signed up. Challenge accepted! I talked it up at dinner and other wine events I attended. A couple days later, Nelson tracked me down on the aft deck enjoying lunch to give me the good news and sign me up. $150 and worth every penny. Fantastic menu. Held in the private dining room in Murano. Conversation started slow, but we were all old friends by the end of the night. We all stumbled to Cellar Master afterward to thank Nelson and signed up for another wine tasting. The next day, I mentioned to the head sommelier that we had a great time and many of us would be at the tasting. She arranged to seat us together.

It's more than a dinner and fine wine. A wonderful experience. I will do this again! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

I was on the 12/11/21 Reflection sailing. VC dinner was visible on the app before sailing but could only be booked on-board. I went straight to Cellar Master and spoke to Nelson. He said the dinner would only happen if enough people signed up. Challenge accepted! I talked it up at dinner and other wine events I attended. A couple days later, Nelson tracked me down on the aft deck enjoying lunch to give me the good news and sign me up. $150 and worth every penny. Fantastic menu. Held in the private dining room in Murano. Conversation started slow, but we were all old friends by the end of the night. We all stumbled to Cellar Master afterward to thank Nelson and signed up for another wine tasting. The next day, I mentioned to the head sommelier that we had a great time and many of us would be at the tasting. She arranged to seat us together.

It's more than a dinner and fine wine. A wonderful experience. I will do this again! 

Completely agree.  Was the best on board dinner I have had with the service food and wine champagne etc.  

52 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

Great post.  I liked the part about stumbling to Cellar Masters…..  Describes my evenings perfectly.  🤣

On 2/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, goofysmom99 said:

The first time I attended a VC dinner, I wasn't too sure about their choice of a malbec on the menu.  It was served in this Riedel Amadeo decanter.  Every single time, everyone has been surprised how different the malbec tastes from the decanter (I want one).  

Oh dear! That was a beautiful, no, gorgeous decanter...Until a gentleman at our table (he really was more Celebrity than Carnival) suggested that it resembled a Chambong (https://www.amazon.com/CHAMBONG-Champagne-Shooter-Bachelorette-Engagement/dp/B07473TMXF/ref=asc_df_B07473TMXF/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=269052721906&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15993363105589735937&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9014973&hvtargid=pla-474729839216&psc=1) We all learned something that evening! 😀 

Oh, and I want one (the decanter) too! 

Edited by Buckeye94
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 12:18 AM, goofysmom99 said:

Price was $155 or $160.  Not available ahead of time. I always go to specialty maitre d' as soon as I board to get on the list.  The food and pairing is so much better than Chef's Table.  VC controls the menu rather than Boulud.  I'm allergic to shellfish so they substituted seared tuna for the scallops which was the best I've ever eaten.  LLP chose VC to "pair" with X and is why the Magic Carpet is painted Clicquot orange.  The glasses are extra special, too, and only used at the dinner.  The VC dinner is my "must do" every cruise.

It was offered two weeks ago on the last night of a Summit itinerary. It was $199 per person.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:32 PM, zitsky said:

Does anyone know if the Veuve Clicquot dinner is offered on the Reflection?  I’m considering a cruise in September.

We had it onboard the Reflection in December 2021 and February 2022.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:27 PM, zoncom said:

Whats the price for VC dinner? My BF gave me free air. Would be nice thank you. On Reflection  April 18 TA and May 13. 

Now $199 pp

On 2/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, Buckeye94 said:

I remember that night well!  We had such a good time with all of you, we went back again in February with our friend and insisted we had to do the VC dinner. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 6:34 PM, Denny01 said:

I don’t order stuff I can’t pronounce……been there and it’s not pretty. Now I’ll just turn to my wife with one raised eyebrow and say…..’would you please order for me….I’m just to bored’.

Den

I knew I majored in French for a reason.