Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

If the app is installed on your mobile device, just delete it and reinstall it, and then sign in. 

That does not clear the data. I know this from experience. Lots and lots of experience because I am trying to get rid of a phantom item in the cart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wiped out everything  - history,  data, cached files,  etc.  Reinstalled the !@#$%& app and nada, white screen.  Why can I use banking and airline apps on my new phone but not a cruise line app? I'm royally honked off. 

1 hour ago, Roz said:

I wiped out everything  - history,  data, cached files,  etc.  Reinstalled the !@#$%& app and nada, white screen.  Why can I use banking and airline apps on my new phone but not a cruise line app? I'm royally honked off. 

Because it’s a piece of crap.  I rarely have problems on my iPad, problems constantly on my Samsung phone.  What does that tell you?  

• Like 2

I just sent Navigator Support an email asking for assistance.  I also left a 1 star review in the Google Play Store. 

Edited by Roz

13 hours ago, Roz said:

Wrong sequence possibly???? For me, and I have a Samsung, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and only then cleared both data and cache for the app. The white screen did not reappear and I was able to log in and it all works. I realise this makes no sense but who knows, it might work for you as well.

• Like 1

@Nang, I'm giving you a cyber hug. 😁

When you said clear the data and the cache for the APP, a bell went off. I was clearing the data and cache for the PHONE.  I had no idea each app has it's own. Duh!

I installed the app, went to Settings,  clicked on Apps,  clicked on Navigator, clicked on Storage, then deleted Data and Cache. Voila!  Opened app, signed into HAL account, and all is right with the world.

Thanks again.  I hope this helps someone else. 

Edited by Roz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Roz said:

@Nang, I'm giving you a cyber hug. 😁

When you said clear the data and the cache for the APP, a bell went off. I was clearing the data and cache for the PHONE.  I had no idea each app has it's own. Duh!

I installed the app, went to Settings,  clicked on Apps,  clicked on Navigator, clicked on Storage, then deleted Data and Cache. Voila!  Opened app, signed into HAL account, and all is right with the world.

Thanks again.  I hope this helps someone else. 

Glad things are now working for you!  I want to flag for anyone reading your comments that they apply only to Android devices.   On an Apple device, you cannot clear the cache for an individual app, you just delete the app and reinstall it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Glad things are now working for you!  I want to flag for anyone reading your comments that they apply only to Android devices.   On an Apple device, you cannot clear the cache for an individual app, you just delete the app and reinstall it. 

Also thanks for the clarification as I was looking on the iPhone trying to figure it out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

If the app is installed on your mobile device, just delete it and reinstall it, and then sign in. 

22 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

It's very possible (maybe even probably) that deleting the app does not clear the 'data' memory.  So when you reinstall it, you still have the same (bad) data.  I would delete the data and cache, then uninstall, and then reinstall and hopefully log back in.  That worked with my Samsung S22. 

Mark

• Like 1

Just now, fusion927 said:

It's very possible (maybe even probably) that deleting the app does not clear the 'data' memory.  So when you reinstall it, you still have the same (bad) data.  I would delete the data and cache, then uninstall, and then reinstall and hopefully log back in.  That worked with my Samsung S22. 

Mark

I have Apple devices. As noted above, it is not possible to clear the data and cache in an individual app on Apple devices. Deleting and reinstalling the app has worked for me on my iPhone and iPad. 

There’s a great deal of confusion in this thread because of the differences between how apps are handled on Android and Apple devices. 

• Like 1

I think there's a great deal of confusion on the part of the app developers as to the difference between Apple and Android. 😆

I still don't understand why I only have to go through these gyrations with Navigator app updates. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

I have had 100% success just deleting the data and cache without deleting the app and reinstalling it. This is on my Samsung S7 Tablet and Samsung S23 phone.

Edited by terrydtx

Android - Samsung 22.

Tried the uninstall; re-download; re-start phone a couple of times.  Couldn't find anything to delete within Settings/App section.  Finally realized I had to tap "storage" to get to the screen where I could delete the data and cache.

I'm back in Navigator.

What a ridiculous pain in the behind!  But thanks to those who provide advice!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I have had 100% success just deleting the data and cache without deleting the app and reinstalling it. This is on my Samsung S7 Tablet and Samsung S23 phone.

Same for me,  only cleared cache and data (Samsung tablet and phone)

Know what else I wish I could do in the app?  See other bookings, not just the up-coming sailing.  I have three booked.  I quickly wanted to look at the date for one of the ports for the 2nd of the three, but had to go dig up my email confirmation or log into the website (which I don't like to use on my phone).

Oh well.  Some other line's apps do absolutely nothing until you're on the ship, so at least Navigator is way ahead in that regard.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 4:25 PM, POA1 said:

I cannot. It's the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and I may have misspoken. If I can locate the phone number on Tuesday, I'll let you know. (Seriously though, I am pretty sure that there is a phone number.)

Any luck with finding the Navigator technical assistance phone number? 🤔