The Daily for Wednesday 02/02/2022

richwmn

Cruise day for us today!  We can see the Koningsdam from our hotel room and in 45 minutes we will leave the hotel here in San DIego and start slowly walking to the Pier.  Our check. In time is 1:20 PM and we have to pass another COVID test before boarding.  

Edited by Cruizer Bill
  • Like 33

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Trying to catch up and apologies for not posting yesterday. I had a long visit with Jose and he was very happy to see me.  I got some housekeeping duties attended to for him and brought him some chilies and Manchego cheese.   And I found a Mrs. Dash that is spicy for him.  He was pretty thrilled.

I could definitely see some improvement in him (although he has a long ways to go) which was very encouraging.

Unfortunately when I got home, I got a call returned by the vet clinic and apparently Marley needs another test to try to track down his protein.  The fear is cancer still - apparently bone cancer and cancerous tumours.  I pretty much lost it.  I didn’t want to try to get him into the vet again, especially with trying to get to the hospital so I called the mobile vet and they agreed to accommodate me this morning so I could go after.  Worth every penny IMO.

Ground hog day - All of the Canadian groundhogs saw their shadows.  I heard on the news this morning that Phil has only been right 40% of the time, so hopefully he and the our groundhogs are all wrong.

CA83B12D-3BD3-4149-A2D2-5550FC2467BE.thumb.jpeg.e26421bbf7963290b966ce287b00c608.jpeg

Love the quote by Mark Twain.  

I did remember to say rabbit, rabbit, rabbit yesterday.  I hope it helps.  One thing is for sure, I was glad to see January go. Worst January of my life weather wise and life wise.

Wonderful!  Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

So sorry to hear about your neighbour 😢 How kind of you all to help care for her home while she was in the nursing home.  

That is good news!

Glad to hear Tana has a view 👍 

Looks like we have another storm coming tomorrow.  Hopefully the weather hold so I can get into the hospital tomorrow 🤞 

15DA029A-D29E-4D6B-AF2C-109BFB843721.thumb.jpeg.e7d1db0a9ba69db5da44e87e13a742ca.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

73997334-BBFB-4C56-B838-DA2A479AD01E.thumb.jpeg.a747d83590fac2d7a1719c28427dd9e4.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

I was pleased to read your post and hear Jose is improving and you were able to be with him for a long time.

Prayers 🙏 for Marley that it is not cancer.

January in the UK was the sunniest January on record.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Cruise day for us today!  We can see the Koningsdam from our hotel room and in 45 minutes we will leave the hotel here in San DIego and start slowly walking to the Pier.  Our check. In time is 1:20 PM and we have to pass another COVID test before boarding.  

Wishing you an amazing cruise.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Bon Voyage !!!!  Hope you have a great time !!

• Like 20

Our church does not celebrate Candlemas, I had to google to find out what it is. Don't care much for ground hogs day and the meal and drink do not appeal to me. On the other hand I love to hear the ukulele and the slack string guitar especially when I am in Hawaii. The wine is good.  Agree with Mark Twain about the good friends and good book, not so much about the sleepy conscious.

Giving thanks that Jacqui is able to see Jose and that Tana is in rehab room with a nice view.

Prayers for those on the care list and yippie for the celebrations.

Jane

• Like 28

I posted this on yesterday's Daily by mistake a little bit ago.  I'm going to repost here in hopes more of you will see it.  

have a question for my friends here.   We had a Grand Voyage booked for 2021 with a $5000 cash deposit on it.  When HAL cancelled it they gave us an equal amount for a FCC with a sail by date of 12-31-2022.  Both those amounts ($10000) are being used on a voyage later this year.  But now we want to cancel that cruise and use that money elsewhere.  HAL won't extend the date the FCC expires so we were going to plan a short cruise in 2022 using that $5000 FCC.  The problem is we want the $5000 cash deposit (our hard earned money) to be moved to a 2023 cruise and they say no, that's also an FCC.  They are the ones calling it that, we call it our $5000 deposit.  How is this allowed?  Has anyone else had their deposit renamed an FCC so that HAL has control over it? 

• Like 10

Our predicted wind has arrived -- 32mph.  In fact, to carry the racing theme forward, we've hit a trifecta with the wind warning, blowing dust warning and a freeze warning for tonight.  The dust is here and our visibility is dropping.  The low tonight is supposed to be 27F, but with this wind, covering any plants the  neighbors want to protect won't work.  It is currently 54F and sunny, although the dust is blocking the sun, and it feels like 46F.  The wind is a cold wind out of the north.  

We got our daily ride into town done early, and now we're just going to stay inside the rest of the day.  This morning I put black beans in the slow cooker for Cuban black beans and rice tonight, with cornbread muffins and sliced tomatoes and wine, naturally.

It looks like we'll be warming up to the 70sF by this weekend, which good.  I think I'll be cleaning the patios and outdoor furniture of dust and debris.  There will also be leaves and small limbs from the mesquite and ironwood trees, but leaves from our neighbors' trees to rake up.  Oh well, I need the exercise and it will be good to get outside.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Not sure about the quote (the conscience part).

Good news - I failed my test! I had the results back in less than 24 hours, seeing them on my phone around 7AM today.

Vanessa, glad you failed your test again.  I'm interpreting the part of the quote about the conscience to mean, he hasn't done anything for his conscience to bother him.  

47 minutes ago, Cruizer Bill said:

BON VOYAGE!  🛳️  Have a great cruise, and fingers crossed 🤞 you are still negative.

40 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Our church does not celebrate Candlemas, I had to google to find out what it is. Don't care much for ground hogs day and the meal and drink do not appeal to me. On the other hand I love to hear the ukulele and the slack string guitar especially when I am in Hawaii. The wine is good.  Agree with Mark Twain about the good friends and good book, not so much about the sleepy conscious.

Giving thanks that Jacqui is able to see Jose and that Tana is in rehab room with a nice view.

Prayers for those on the care list and yippie for the celebrations.

Jane

Jane, is there any news about how @kakalina is doing after she got her furniture and is hopefully settled in her new home?

22 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I love a group that doesn’t need a reason for wine!🍷

We need more than a like or thanks button for that.  Cheers! 🥂

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I posted this on yesterday's Daily by mistake a little bit ago.  I'm going to repost here in hopes more of you will see it.  

have a question for my friends here.   We had a Grand Voyage booked for 2021 with a $5000 cash deposit on it.  When HAL cancelled it they gave us an equal amount for a FCC with a sail by date of 12-31-2022.  Both those amounts ($10000) are being used on a voyage later this year.  But now we want to cancel that cruise and use that money elsewhere.  HAL won't extend the date the FCC expires so we were going to plan a short cruise in 2022 using that $5000 FCC.  The problem is we want the $5000 cash deposit (our hard earned money) to be moved to a 2023 cruise and they say no, that's also an FCC.  They are the ones calling it that, we call it our $5000 deposit.  How is this allowed?  Has anyone else had their deposit renamed an FCC so that HAL has control over it? 

Sandi, that sounds like a real mess.  I wish I could offer some help, but I don't know what would change their mind.  I'm doubly glad now, that we did not have any cruises booked in 2020 and 2021 that were cancelled, and that our two booked cruises are still far from final payment.  Hope you can get a solution that is satisfactory to you.

@kazu Jacqui, you do not need to apologize for not being here yesterday.  We all understood you were with Jose and that was where you wanted and needed to be.  Great news that there has been improvement and fingers crossed 🤞 the improvement continues.  Sorry that Marley needs more tests, but glad the mobile vet was able to come to the house.  I hope the vets can find out the cause of his problems and that it is NOT the c word.  

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Have a  fantastic cruise.

Jim.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, albingirl said:

She should be fired.  Period.

Not when certain other people all along weren’t even reprimanded. Let’s not forget that the *** did go after others as well, including gays, handicapped and the Romany people. What they did was indeed a crime against humanity. And what I’m seeing in America now (for instance the recent *** display in Florida, plus the bomb threats against HBC [historically black colleges]) tells me that we didn’t wipe this out as completely as we thought. (Okay, my activist voice will try to stay silent, but please don’t post this kind of stuff, I cannot, will not stay quiet.)

St Louis Sal

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Thank you all for caring and sharing. I heard that Punxsutawney Phil says we have 6 more weeks of winter. Sorry. 😕

When my cruise was cancelled last month, my sis suggested I come out to Florida for a visit. Another sis in NorCal is changing jobs (same company, different department) and has next week free. So we booked our flights. 

I’ll be busy the next few days: Today I babysit, tomorrow I get my nails done (then bible study), Friday I get a Covid test. All this while still working (luckily from home). I’m packing little by little (to save my back) and then Saturday will be last minute things like making sure DH has enough to eat while I’m gone. 😉 Fly out on Sunday at the butt crack of dawn. 

This will be my first “real” visit to Florida (I don’t count when the plane lands and you go directly to the cruise ship and vice versa). Sis has lots of things planned but we’ll also have “down time” to just enjoy each other. 

Looking forward to seeing mom, especially after her hospital visit last week. 

• Like 28

Well, FB has delivered another treasure trove of memes and comments to borrow and share.

This first one was originally about a county and town in Texas, but it could apply to just about anywhere.

With the most recent forecasts, this is rapidly turning into a multiple bread loaf situation. During extreme winter weather preparations in the San Angelo area, it’s important you stick to the following method:
-Panic
-Encourage others around you to also panic by uploading pics of crowded grocery store lines
-Buy every gallon of milk you can find. Is two gallons enough for 2 days of snow? Doubt it, buy 6.
-Do not make eye contract with anyone in the bread aisle. This is a surefire way to incite unnecessary stampedes.
-Check road reports constantly by asking on community pages how the roads are. It’s snowing but are they snow covered? We don’t know until we ask, again.
-For every .5 inches of precipitation forecasted, you’ll need one loaf of bread and one dozen eggs. For example, 12 inches of snow forecasted X 2 equals 24 dozen eggs and 24 bread loaves.
-Become an immediate social media expert on city snow removal tactics, school superintendent decisions & meteorological forecasts. Who knows better than you? Not a single person who actually does these things for a living.
-Drive your front wheel drive Camry up steep hills during the event and take pictures to tell everyone how they should stay off the roads because it’s dangerous, because of you.
-Wear fun thermal socks and post pics of them in front of your fire with hashtag #SnowDay❄️
Let’s be careful out there.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'In 1939, The New York Times predicted that television would fail because people wouldn't have time to stop and stare at a a screen.'

May be an image of text that says 'Some days you eat salad and go to yoga Some days you eat cake and refuse to put on pants It's called balance!'

May be an image of text that says 'Things that used to hurt my back: Jumping off garages Crashing my bike Falling out of trees Diving into the shallow end Contact sports Things that hurt my back now: Sneezing Mopping the floor Washing the dishes Cooking huge meals Brushing my teeth Tying my shoes Rollong over in bed'

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Haha 10

Ok dailyites east of my location (think Detroit Michigan), it has been snowing here for about 3 hours. Still above freezing so turning slushy on the driveway. Shovelled once and will be done again in a couple of hours just so that mess doesn’t freeze as the temperature drops. So it is coming your way! And wouldn’t you know it, our snow blower is out of commission, something about the spark plug being stripped? So shovels it is. Our neighbour’s son will probably blow our driveway tomorrow if he isn’t scheduled for the fire hall. But we plan to stay put. My doctor already rescheduled my physical from tomorrow to next week. Stay safe everyone, especially  if you are in the path of this storm.

Edited by superoma
Spelling
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Have a wonderful cruise! Bon Voyage!

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I heard that Punxsutawney Phil says we have 6 more weeks of winter. Sorry. 😕

I looked out the window and predicted six more weeks of winter, myself. Not only didn’t I see my shadow, at this point I can barely even see my toes!😏

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 11
  • Haha 13