Caribbean cruise capacity - Full or reduced?

KnoxRunner

Hey everyone,

We have a cruise booked on the Seashore in June and I had a couple of quick questions about Caribbean cruises for MSC.

Are they currently running at reduced capacity? If so what is the capacity level at right now.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bill

35 minutes ago, KnoxRunner said:

Hey everyone,

We have a cruise booked on the Seashore in June and I had a couple of quick questions about Caribbean cruises for MSC.

Are they currently running at reduced capacity? If so what is the capacity level at right now.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bill

I'm sailing March 5th, I was last told 60% capacity. Won't really know until we board. 

If it's 1050 it will seem like a ghost town. 

56 minutes ago, Reenie75 said:

I'm sailing March 5th, I was last told 60% capacity. Won't really know until we board. 

I think it is so low right now because so many people switched to a later date due to Omicron.  Thinking it might pick up by the time we sail.

There are several countries that can’t sail w MSC right now

Also being a line popular w Europeans, we really notice they are missing.

We had less than 500 pax for 4 day sailing and are currently about 850 now

For a ship normally at 5k you feel it

Great ship, super clean, nice crew.

Testing and vax and masks reqd

Both Divinia and Meraviglia have had recent sailings w 0 cases

On 2/3/2022 at 10:42 AM, Reenie75 said:

Just curious where you heard the 60%.  That would be a three-fold increase over the last few sailings.  I don't doubt there will be an increase, just didn't think it would be that much so quickly.

7 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Just curious where you heard the 60%.  That would be a three-fold increase over the last few sailings.  I don't doubt there will be an increase, just didn't think it would be that much so quickly.

Maybe she meant max self imposed max capacity vs actual pax load. Bunch of future sailings I’ve looked for balcony cabins appears to block out every other cabins….I don’t know…

17 hours ago, JAGR said:

That was my thought too, but who knows.

On board Divina now....heard from several officers and crew....~600 passengers and 900 crew.

If you like/need the social interaction and or energy typically experienced on a cruise...especially a Caribbean itinerary...you might not enjoy it so much.

If you enjoy peace and solitude, never waiting for a drink, chair, and having just about any pool or hot tub to yourself...cruising now on MSC is unique and awesome.

We made all 4 ports on-time and there were 3-5 other ships at each....they all seemed to be much higher loading.

Cheers

Just boarded Seaside a few hours ago. We’re told 1,500 pax. By contrast YC is 150 pax or about 50% capacity  

Honestly, I’m almost liking the slight bustle of the yacht club a bit more. The rest of the ship is a real ghost town.

8 hours ago, NMsunset said:

On board Divina now....heard from several officers and crew....~600 passengers and 900 crew.

If you like/need the social interaction and or energy typically experienced on a cruise...especially a Caribbean itinerary...you might not enjoy it so much.

If you enjoy peace and solitude, never waiting for a drink, chair, and having just about any pool or hot tub to yourself...cruising now on MSC is unique and awesome.

We made all 4 ports on-time and there were 3-5 other ships at each....they all seemed to be much higher loading.

Cheers

What ports did you visit?

I wonder what it will be like by March/Spring Break.  Doing prospective bookings for the past month, it doesn't seem like many rooms have sold... but then they push Aurea and only have 2 or 3 balconies available.  I'm guessing the ship will end up somewhere between empty and full!  😂

Just have to figure out if we'll be there to see it for ourselves...

On 2/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, JAGR said:

I asked a customer service they told me it was 60% 

On 2/6/2022 at 12:15 AM, AngryBirdah said:

I wonder what it will be like by March/Spring Break.  Doing prospective bookings for the past month, it doesn't seem like many rooms have sold... but then they push Aurea and only have 2 or 3 balconies available.  I'm guessing the ship will end up somewhere between empty and full!  😂

Just have to figure out if we'll be there to see it for ourselves...

I've tried doing mock booking and it's surprising rooms are available.