30 days out- no luggage tags?

marksfamilyof4

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Who doesn’t get luggage tags?

Umm.  The people who post on CC or FB that they didn't get tags in the mail. Who gets them is above my paygrade.

Everyone should be able to print tags from their edocs, some people also get them in the mail.

In a Suite - Haven cabin should receive automatically in the mail -

Waiting for that upgrade - print your own off your edocs - maybe you weren't upgraded ?

Leaving out of the port of Seattle everyone gets them -

well that is the way it is supposed to work !

Just remember to fasten the tags securely to the handle of the luggage

removing all tags from previous cruises

AND perhaps leave a copy of your invoice inside that piece of luggage

Your luggage gone astray - check with Lost & Found on board the ship

When all else fails when checking in at the pier for your cruise the luggage handlers will 

have generic tags - remember your cabin number - - -

33 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

In my experience only suites and above get tags mailed to them.  Everyone else needs to print them out from their eDocs screen.

For whatever reason, they are sending out tags to others as well.  I had an OV on 1 cruise, balcony on 2 others and I've gotten tags mailed to me for all 3. 2 cruises booked 3 months out, 1 was a month out.  All booked through a PCC, maybe that's why?

NCL did away with mailing luggage tags long ago.  Haven gets them but you can still print them out from your NCL edocs page as others pointed out.   There are times even in the Haven I did not get them and just printed them out.  When I called years ago, NCL told me they dont send them out anymore.

Edited by david_sobe

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

In my experience only suites and above get tags mailed to them.  Everyone else needs to print them out from their eDocs screen.

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

NCL did away with mailing luggage tags long ago.  Haven gets them but you can still print them out from your NCL edocs page as others pointed out.   There are times even in the Haven I did not get them and just printed them out.  When I called years ago, NCL told me they dont send them out anymore.

Since last year when the cruising was restarted, NCL been mailing luggage tags to everyone to try to help everyone be more prepared. with the luggage tags there is also a letter about doing the checkin and printing the edocs

I booked inside cabins for all my cruises and i received tags for all my cruises ive been on recently back in October and December. I also received tags for my cruise in about 2 weeks

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Friends sailing next week and luggage tags arrived by mail a month ago. We were visiting them and SAW them. Yes they were kind of surprised to see them.

For my cruises in 2015 & 2018, never got tags in the mail.  I was scheduled to be Getaway for the 1/14, which was cancelled on the 11th.  Never received tags for this one, but our reschedule leaving on 2/11, we did get luggage tags.  So weird for two different experiences just a month apart, but hey, saves me ink, so I'm happy I got them.

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

7 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Since restart, NCL has been sending out luggage tags to more people than “normal” pre-pandemic. They are trying to minimize crowds and face-to-face interaction with porters/port staff at busy ports. So passengers in all cabin classes have got tags for some cruises. 

Nothing fancy about those tags -

The luggage color code represents a specific ship -

So two ships loading side by side get the right luggage loaded 

No BAR codes to scan 

Just three locators deck and cabin number

AFT  -  MID  -  FWD  -  DECK ##  -  CABIN xxxxx

Embarking - - - - -

You check your luggage at the pier -

It is loaded into small metal containers holding anywhere from 20-30 pieces

This container is fork lifted into the hold of the ship (Deck 3?)

The luggage is broken down by those locators -

{At this point the contents of the luggage are x-rayed for naughty stuff and if found

are sent to the 'Naugthy Room - aka Lost & Found for personal claiming}

Luggage is loaded into crew elevators and taken to the respective deck -

Then dispersed to the cabin assigned -

Some cases i.e. Suites the luggage is placed inside the cabin instead of the passageway

Disembarking - - - - -

When disembarking the final day of the cruise - then multi-colored tags come into play.

Based on priority certain colored tags are handled first -

All the luggage (placed outside your cabin door the night before) is assembled down

on deck 3 ? into those forkable containers and prepped to off load into an assembly area

for claiming by color tag.

Leaving the ship go to the directed assembly area -

Claim your luggage and off you go - - -

Don't want to wait for all this - do the Walk-Off with luggage in hand !

Interesting the amount of luggage that of a JEWEL class ship exceeds the amount

of what is carried on a 747 aircraft by "10 times" - although no weight and balance 

problems encountered here and the waiting claiming time may be the same.

It is about as good a system as can be mustered.

Keeping your luggage needs as spartan as can be speeds this for better cruising !

11 hours ago, marksfamilyof4 said:

Should i be concerned that i have not received luggage lags at 30 days out?  Perhaps an upgrade coming?  I only wish

Do yourself a favor and get a pack of these.....  https://amzn.to/34avFtW

They are far better than just stapling your print out. We also use two per checked bag

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Who doesn’t get luggage tags?

Everyone has them available to print themselves in their cruise documents.  They don’t mail them to everyone.  We had a family suite booked last month and ours weren’t mailed to us, we had to print them from the cruise docs 

Sailed in the Haven on the Bliss, January 9th, received our luggage tags about 10 days before cruise.  WE walked our luggage onboard!!  Day 2 of cruise, the letter came to our room, looking for someone's missing luggage, 2 bags full.  this is the third cruise we have been on that we got the "letter" looking for undelivered luggage.