Disembarkation MIA and fly out of FLL

Slam725

I know this has probably already been asked and answered many times, but I need to know is ship is due in at 8 Am and I book flight from FLL at 1:42PM , would I make iit? It says to allow 6.5 hours but that puts me home too late. 

Thanks so much

32 minutes ago, Slam725 said:

I know this has probably already been asked and answered many times, but I need to know is ship is due in at 8 Am and I book flight from FLL at 1:42PM , would I make iit? It says to allow 6.5 hours but that puts me home too late. 

Thanks so much

We’ve done this many times and have always caught flights before noon.  I think we even caught a 10am flight once or twice. 

We did it off Sunshine 12/31. We needed an Uber XL and surge pricing was ridiculous. We waited several minutes for the crowd to thin out a little and the price dropped down to a realistic amount. I think it was around $76 plus tip. They want us off the ship earlier than I remember pre-Covid. A 1:42 flight would be no problem.

I did this in September when I sailed on the Horizon. I got off the ship around 9am, took the Carnival shuttle to FLL, and was at the airport by 10:30 am. My flight wasn't until late in the day so I had lots of time to kill at the airport.

4 hours ago, Slam725 said:

Thanks so much

No need to rush. If all goes normal you'll be at FLL 45 minutes after you debark the ship. We made an 155am flight back in December. 

We cruised 2 weeks ago and had no trouble at all with a flight before noon. We took our own luggage off and as we exited there were plenty of taxis and shared vans to get you to FLL. We got a shared van and I think the cost was $20pp.

You should be totally fine with noon or after and doing self assist off the ship. If using Uber, schedule it in advance as opposed to waiting until morning of and paying the surge premium.  On the drop down that shows “now” select it and I believe you can schedule up to like 2 weeks out. 

27 minutes ago, CruisinWithDLS said:

If using Uber, schedule it in advance as opposed to waiting until morning of and paying the surge premium.  On the drop down that shows “now” select it and I believe you can schedule up to like 2 weeks out. 

Except you have no idea what time you'll be actually be off the ship, cleared customs, and waiting outside, and possibly which terminal you'll be disembarking at.

We got off the Freedom this morning in Miami, we are Platinum and walked off to get our luggage at 7:45, those carrying off their own luggage were walking off by then as well, easy and quick, no longer custom agents checking passports. All this to say you should be fine. 

On 2/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, Slam725 said:

Thanks so much

For a 1:42 flight you need to be at FLL by about noon (a little earlier is better with the standard TSA chaos).  With the ride from POM to FLL taking 40-50+ minutes, depending upon traffic, you have lots of time to make your flight - sleep in a bit, enjoy one last breakfast in the MDR, and then wander off the ship about 9:00 and find your ride share/shuttle/limo.

Have a great cruise! 😎