Has anyone done a "side to side" from Miami in the past two months?

DJLDRUMS

Looking to find out who recently did a "side to side" from Miami. We will be on the Symphony next moth, after disembarking going right on the Jewel. Would anyone recall how far each Terminal is from one another? Spoke to C&A asking that question and they had no idea, told me to look for a taxi or take a bus, I don't think so. What's the walking distance from each Terminal to Terminal carrying bags.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Symphony will most certainly dock at the new Royal Caribbean Terminal A.  I believe when a second Royal Caribbean ship is in port at the same time, the second ship will dock at the complete opposite end of the line of cruise ships at Terminal F or G.  A distance of 5 or 6 ship lengths.  That is quite a walk, with or without luggage.  It's further than you would think and not entirely a straight line by the time you follow sidewalks.  I think a taxi or shuttle bus, if they provide one, would be the best idea.  A taxi will probably want a premium price given the relatively short distance.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Symphony will most certainly dock at the new Royal Caribbean Terminal A.  I believe when a second Royal Caribbean ship is in port at the same time, the second ship will dock at the complete opposite end of the line of cruise ships at Terminal F or G.  That is quite a walk, with or without luggage.  I think a taxi or shuttle bus, if they provide one would be the best idea.  A taxi will probably want a premium price given the relatively short distance.

Well that's quite interesting information. Too bad C&A couldn't be more definitive where what you're telling me makes more sense. No FREE transportation was mentioned, not that's something we'll have to consider, out of pocket transportation. Thank you.

If my information above is correct, if it were me, I would approach a taxi and tell him where you wanted to go and offer him $20.  Maybe he'd do it for $10.  He get's $28 to take someone to the airport, if I recall from my last time there.  So he's not going to be happy taking you to the other ship on the meter and only make $5-6.   They may be required to take you there by law.  But I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, MeHeartCruising said:

If my information above is correct, if it were me, I would approach a taxi and tell him where you wanted to go and offer him $20.  Maybe he'd do it for $10.  He get's $28 to take someone to the airport, if I recall from my last time there.  So he's not going to be happy taking you to the other ship on the meter and only make $5-6.   They may be required to take you there by law.  But I'm not sure.

Hummm..that might be our Plan B" !

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Talk to guest services on board.  There is usually a shuttle that can take you.

I think we'll do that. Thanks very much !!!

Edited by DJLDRUMS
fix grammar
  • Like 1

We did a Miami side-to-side in December. We had plenty of time before we would be able to board the next ship so we planned to walk, but we were told the sidewalk didn't continue all the way down. We talked to one of the local shuttle workers and they put us on a bus for no charge, but we ended up waiting almost an hour for that. I checked Uber at the time and I think it was around $10 so that's probably what we'll do next time.

• Like 1

We did a "side to side" to Symphony coming off a B2B on Odyssey in Fort Lauderdale.  We talked to Guest Services about getting the testing done for Symphony.  They already had everything taken care of, everything including complimentary shuttle between Fort Lauderdale and Miami.  We were pleasantly surprised to find that we didn't have to arrange our own transportation.  You will have to retrieve your own luggage and bring it through customs.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

There's a free trolley that goes around the Miami cruise port, over the bridge, around downtown, then comes back to the cruise port with stops near each terminal.

* Rondo...this may not work for you. Taking the trolley from Terminals F or G will take you on a trip around downtown before it gets to Terminal A.

* You will have to carry your luggage up into the trolley.

:classic_smile: If you have the time and nothing else to do...think of it as a free shore excursion.

• Like 1

hmm…Just might have to check that out, as I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time after getting off Explorer and before we can board Symphony. We pack light, so no problem carrying luggage. Even though we’ve cruise from Miami quite a few times, we have never really seen the downtown area.Thanks for the tip!