Symphony bionic bar closed??

Amberle3

31 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Believe me, after the first drink or 2 that you'd get from the bionic bar, the novelty wears off quickly.   Waste of space.

Totally agree. Bring back champagne bar or copy Celebrity for vodka ice bar. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

Believe me, after the first drink or 2 that you'd get from the bionic bar, the novelty wears off quickly.   Waste of space.

I've been on the Quantum and actually kind of enjoyed the Bionic Bar. I liked being able to put together my own cocktails without having to worry about maybe not explaining it well, or if I just didn't feel like having to try and explain what I wanted. The ability to just pick things to be thrown together was nice. But this cruise I'm with 3 people who have never seen it, including 2 absolute cruise newbies, and it would be kind of cool for them to see. 

9 minutes ago, Miami Momma said:

I just got off Symphony yesterday. The Bionic bar was working every day.

Thank you! I had been reading postings on Facebook from someone on the ship now who had said it was closed and that was the first I'd heard about that. Maybe they were just doing some maintenance to it for a bit - one can hope!   It's nice to have an idea of what might be operational - we already know that Hairspray is not likely to be happening. 

• Like 4

I am currently on the Symphony.  Bionic bar has been up and running.  Watching from the Schooner Bar as I type this - line is forming to try it out.  Hours of operation shown in app -  11am to 12am

3 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Everyone is curious were you "read" that it is closed...

In the Facebook group for our sailing next week. There are a few people that are doing B2B on the Symphony and one of them said that the bar is closed.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:10 PM, Amberle3 said:

We're sailing on Symphony next week, and one of the things we've been looking forward to seeing is the Bionic Bar. I've read that it's currently closed - does anyone know why, or how long it's likely to be closed?

I like to pick a pool bar and go there every day for drinks so the bartenders get to know me. It's sort of like a robot but with smiles and some conversations. We watched the robot on Symphony and just didn't get it. Face to face and tip in hand is best.