Masks must be worn on outside decks.

seaver

16 hours ago, Observer said:

[DH] can’t breathe while walking with mask, and it is painful for me.

I'm not looking to get into a discussion pro or con on masks, but have you tried several different types of paper masks? Unlike the cloth masks which we used for a long time, the paper masks now recommended really do not make breathing difficult. I've been working my way through testing a number of different masks, and would suggest trying the KF94 masks (the Korean equivalent of the US N95 and Chinese KN95). The KF94 masks do not sit as close to your nose and mouth so you don't feel the mask when breathing as you can with the others. It's all a matter of personal preference , so it's definitely worth trying the different types. But there's no reason you should experience any pain wearing one of these lightweight paper masks. 

13 hours ago, seaver said:

Just doing research on Five Star.

Your timing is extremely tight if your flight arrives at 3 pm and embarkation truly ends at 4 pm, so I would definitely spend the money for Five Stat. We used this service arriving in Barbados in September and it was worthwhile. We could have done it without the service, but it was helpful. Entry requirements have changed since then, but if you need to save every second, it's definitely worth it.

I would contact Silversea directly to find out about the latest possible boarding time. If they are really sailing at 5 pm and you need to be at check-in by 4:00, you will be hard-pressed to make it unless your flight arrives early and there are no other flights unloading luggage and clearing customs. It's about a 25-30 minute cab ride from the airport to the cruise terminal. Getting off your plane, taking the bus to the terminal, clearing customs and immigration, collecting your baggage, and getting to a cab within 30 minutes seems possible but unlikely. But since the ship is only going a short distance to St. Lucia for the next day, it's possible they aren't sailing that early. There is no departure time listed on several websites which list the cruise port schedule. Contact Silversea to see if you have a potential problem or don't have to worry.

2 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Your timing is extremely tight if your flight arrives at 3 pm and embarkation truly ends at 4 pm, so I would definitely spend the money for Five Stat. We used this service arriving in Barbados in September and it was worthwhile. We could have done it without the service, but it was helpful. Entry requirements have changed since then, but if you need to save every second, it's definitely worth it.

I would contact Silversea directly to find out about the latest possible boarding time. If they are really sailing at 5 pm and you need to be at check-in by 4:00, you will be hard-pressed to make it unless your flight arrives early and there are no other flights unloading luggage and clearing customs. It's about a 25-30 minute cab ride from the airport to the cruise terminal. Getting off your plane, taking the bus to the terminal, clearing customs and immigration, collecting your baggage, and getting to a cab within 30 minutes seems possible but unlikely. But since the ship is only going a short distance to St. Lucia for the next day, it's possible they aren't sailing that early. There is no departure time listed on several websites which list the cruise port schedule. Contact Silversea to see if you have a potential problem or don't have to worry.

Thanks for the info, had our ta call Silversea and apparently there our good number of SS cruisers on our flight from Miami, and told sailing is pushed back till 7 pm.

We used Silversea air to book our flights and always wondered why we did not fly in a day early.

Think we will still go with 5 Star.

6 hours ago, seaver said:

…apparently there are a good number of SS cruisers on our flight from Miami, and told sailing is pushed back till 7 pm.

Think we will still go with 5 Star.

If there are a good number of SS passengers on your flight, then it’s not worth paying the 5-star fee, because you’re just going to have to sit on the bus waiting on the other passengers before your transfer.

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

If there are a good number of SS passengers on your flight, then it’s not worth paying the 5-star fee, because you’re just going to have to sit on the bus waiting on the other passengers before your transfer.

Good point!  This is certainly true if the OP had airfare/transfer booked by SS. In that case, SS would probably hold the ship if a large number of passengers booked through Silversea were delayed.  They might even hold the ship if a portion of those passengers booked air travel independently (using miles, etc.). But I do not believe that an “independent” traveler whose air was not booked by Silversea can use SS transfer to the ship.  They can, of course, purchase a transfer from the ship to the airport once onboard. 

Full disclosure:  I did once use a SS transfer from a hotel to the port, when a kind ground representative said that she would allow me to travel on the sparsely populated coach (if I promised not to tell anyone, because she could get in trouble for permitting my freeloading.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Observer said:

But I do not believe that an “independent” traveler whose air was not booked by Silversea can use SS transfer to the ship.  They can, of course, purchase a transfer from the ship to the airport once onboard. 

Agree with you about SS holding the ship for air transfers. 

For those traveling independently, SS transfers from the airport to the ship can be purchased through their travel agent or SS agent.  However, the expense tends to be 3x to 4x more than one can arrange on their own.  

On 2/8/2022 at 8:10 AM, bitob said:

There is no guaranty that Regent's policy won't change so book at your own risk.

Covid policies are not stagnant.

Indeed.  When I booked my January SS cruise last fall, SS did not have an outdoor masking mandate, (though contrary to misinformation provided, they did have a masking mandate for the gym, even if empty).  But when they added such requirements after final payment, they did not offer a refund without penalty as an option.

Over time, every cruise line is reactive to yesterday's news and lands up doing close to the same thing, when it comes to Covid -- monkey see, monkey do.  They are all afraid of being sued, and all afraid of losing customers who think universal/perpetual masking of all ages and all risk groups will save them (whereas not adequately accounting for how many customers they lose instead of gaining).   

I don't trust any of the lines to stick with what they say they will do about quarantine, masks, testing, etc.  The same goes for the ports the ships claim they will be sailing to.

The sales contracts cover the lines for the right to change almost all options mid-stream when it comes to Covid.   For people who do not care one way or the other, (and have both money and time to burn), no problem