FCC Question

algriff

We cancelled a cruise on Jan 18, 2022 and received a FCC equal to half our cruise fare but it states that we must book and sail by Jan 18 2023.  Is it possible to book a cruise in 2022, pay for it with the FCC and then cancel that cruise and book one in Feb 2023 or would we lose the FCC from the 2022 cruise.  We already had a cruise booked in Feb 2023 but it seems that we can't use the FCC to pay for that cruise since it is after Jan 18 2023.

56 minutes ago, algriff said:

We cancelled a cruise on Jan 18, 2022 and received a FCC equal to half our cruise fare but it states that we must book and sail by Jan 18 2023.  Is it possible to book a cruise in 2022, pay for it with the FCC and then cancel that cruise and book one in Feb 2023 or would we lose the FCC from the 2022 cruise.  We already had a cruise booked in Feb 2023 but it seems that we can't use the FCC to pay for that cruise since it is after Jan 18 2023.

Are you booking direct or using a TA?  If a TA then get him/her to go to bat for you.  This is yet another reason why I avoid the direct booking thing.

1 hour ago, algriff said:

had a cruise booked in Feb 2023 but it seems that we can't use the FCC to pay for that cruise since it is after Jan 18 2023.

Talk to Princess.  They should be able to shift it by 1 month. My (now retired) PVP did it for me before (now it's sail by 5/1/2023)

On 2/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, Ombud said:

Talk to Princess.  They should be able to shift it by 1 month. My (now retired) PVP did it for me before (now it's sail by 5/1/2023)

I have a lot of Princess Goodwill FCC that I received from Princess for allowing them to keep my deposit for three cruises cancelled by Princess in 2020. Two fall 2020 cruises and one January 2021 cruise.

The FCC has a stipulation of book and cruise by the end of 2022.  In May 2021 my TA tried very hard to get Princess to allow me an extension for the cruise by to January 2023.  Princess would not give us a 17 day extension.

Since for the most part 2021 was a bust for cruising, I was wondering If anyone knows if Princess may have slightly soften their stance?

The  OP mentioned that they could use their FCC for a January 2023 cruise, but it is a totally different type of FCC.

Ombud, what was the source of you FCC that you were able to apply to a May 2023 cruise and when did you received the FCC?

I have asked my TA to try again, since some time as passed.

I am hoping for the best.  Otherwise I allowed Princess to keep my money for free.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Ombud, what was the source of you FCC that you were able to apply to a May 2023 cruise and when did you received the FCC?

It was for pause 3. I had a 9/20 HK->Sydney canceled and wanted to book it in 3/23 so she extended the book by date making it available as the deposit

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

It was for pause 3. I had a 9/20 HK->Sydney canceled and wanted to book it in 3/23 so she extended the book by date making it available as the deposit

Thanks.  

Was there an element of bonus on your FCC?  (Extra Goodwill amount). Or did it just include what you actually paid for your deposit?Proton Pump Inhibitors.

I can get a full cash refund or apply by actually paid to deposit to any cruise.  It is just the Goodwill (extra 100% deposit value that I received for not taking a cash refund) that is being denied for 2023.

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes there was a bonus attached

Thank you.  I am still trying.  My TA put the January 2023 on hold for us and she is pushing Princess to allow us to apply all of our FCC to the cruise.  
If she is not successful I may just take a cash refund for my original deposit and give up the bonus.

I really do not appreciate the inconsistency.  This is one of the problems that I have with Oceania.  Their policies seem to be based on who you or your TA know.  

I appreciate your help.

Now I'm thinking maybe because it was to book the same itinerary in 2023? But the expiry date is 2 months after replacement cruise ends. Oh well. At any rate, I later had MR pull all unapplied FCC to the 9/22 cruise and shift the remaining FCD to that itinerary.  

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Now I'm thinking maybe because it was to book the same itinerary in 2023? But the expiry date is 2 months after replacement cruise ends. Oh well. At any rate, I later had MR pull all unapplied FCC to the 9/22 cruise and shift the remaining FCD to that itinerary.  

Perhaps. Thanks