"LIVE" Emerald Princess, Feb 12th to Feb 27th, LA to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

20 hours ago, Robbie555 said:

It's good that you finally sailed after a 5+ hour delay. I suppose on this first full day, you are all watching the Super Bowl in the assorted bars.  

I'll keep my 🤞 that Cartagena is a go as the previous sailing had to skip it in addition to Nicaragua.

Yes,  we are scheduled to stop at Cartagena. The Colombian government just reopened on Feb 1. It was just bad timing that the cruise before us was unable to let passengers off. No fault of the cruise line.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, luv2cruisin said:

Per the Captain's Circle Host...   1,650 passengers. The previous leg had 1,600.   🙂

Thank you so much for the response.  We can only hope that the Circle Caribbean starting the 27th for us is at reduced capacity also. Even if it's at 3/4 capacity we would feel good about that. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Apparently anyone can use the Thermal Suite within Lotus Spa at no cost.  I am staying in a suite and one of the perks is Thermal Suite usage but when I went in today, I said that I was going to use the Thermal Suite and the lady at the desk said “enjoy.”  She did not ask for my cabin number nor did she scan the medallion.  I assume this is due to the limited number of passengers on board?

7 hours ago, bjworm said:

Thank you so much for the response.  We can only hope that the Circle Caribbean starting the 27th for us is at reduced capacity also. Even if it's at 3/4 capacity we would feel good about that. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Per Guest Services, 1,600+ on the next voyage.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VAWCB said:

Apparently anyone can use the Thermal Suite within Lotus Spa at no cost.  I am staying in a suite and one of the perks is Thermal Suite usage but when I went in today, I said that I was going to use the Thermal Suite and the lady at the desk said “enjoy.”  She did not ask for my cabin number nor did she scan the medallion.  I assume this is due to the limited number of passengers on board?

I would be careful with this advice.  It may be true, but you cannot be sure just because they responded without checking your suite # or medallion.  They knew who you were, and where you live.  Your face and pertinent info. popped up on their tablet as you walked in the door.  That is what the medallion is all about.

• Like 3

I think our Captain got a little bit upset with non mask wearers  onboard. He came on the speaker this evening into cabins and all venues telling us that masking was required when indoors except for eating /drinking  and outdoors if you can’t social distance. Captain did not  make this announcement on the previous cruise nor have I heard it when on our cruises on the Caribbean and Enchanted. 

Bar stools haven’t been returned in front  of the bar counters yet  but the “Xs” on most of the seating in the  theater have been removed. 

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, casandbliz said:

Currently in Adagio, listening to the House Jazz band. They are really good!

Nice.  Thanks for this info.  This could possibly be my way to chill if hopefully they are with us on the cruise following this one. Have been a jazz fan for many years along with various other music genres.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

I think our Captain got a little bit upset with non mask wearers  onboard. He came on the speaker this evening into cabins and all venues telling us that masking was required when indoors except for eating /drinking  and outdoors if you can’t social distance. Captain did not  make this announcement on the previous cruise nor have I heard it when on our cruises on the Caribbean and Enchanted. 

Bar stools haven’t been returned in front  of the bar counters yet  but the “Xs” on most of the seating in the  theater have been removed. 

Also in the Fitnness center, every other elliptical and treadmill are still "x" out of service.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

We had the same thought about the Capts msg. Still have seen a few walking inside w/o one on. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, luv2cruisin said:

Passengers on cruises 15 days or longer are currently tested at embarkation. If ya pass, you go to check-in where you show your passport, Covid shot record, and negative test results done within two days of embarkation. 

Read our post from earlier today. We arrived to Port around 10:45 am, and were on board within an hour. The only real wait time was the 25 minutes awaiting our test results at pier   🙂

Thanks for the info. If I may ask as we sail on a PC cruise in April. I read somewhere on the longer cruises, ours is 18 days, that Princess gives you another antigen test 2 days after embarkation and the Panama Canal authorities require everyone to be tested within 24 hours of going through the Panama Canal locks. Have you heard if either of these situations applies to your PC cruise?

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for the info. If I may ask as we sail on a PC cruise in April. I read somewhere on the longer cruises, ours is 18 days, that Princess gives you another antigen test 2 days after embarkation and the Panama Canal authorities require everyone to be tested within 24 hours of going through the Panama Canal locks. Have you heard if either of these situations applies to your PC cruise?

We were all tested within 48 hrs after boarding.  We have not yet been notified of our next test, but are expecting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the dining room is back to table sharing.  the captain did speak last night in regard to mask mandate that we should be wearing our mask at all time and social distancing when possible mask should be worn indoors all time unless dining or drinking spa when facial being done pool nice seas calm tomorrow we arrive at Huatulco ...be safe 

• Like 2

Are the islands you are visiting allowing you off the ship with your vaccination card or have you had to do paperwork /fees and additional covid testing to visit?  Is the ship testing?  Is it suggested that we use Princess sponsored tours?  We went a cruise in Europe where we had do do "paperwork" for every country we entered, the ship (Viking) tested us daily so that was covered.  What are you experiencing?  

2 hours ago, WishboneS said:

Are the islands you are visiting allowing you off the ship with your vaccination card or have you had to do paperwork /fees and additional covid testing to visit?  Is the ship testing?  Is it suggested that we use Princess sponsored tours?  We went a cruise in Europe where we had do do "paperwork" for every country we entered, the ship (Viking) tested us daily so that was covered.  What are you experiencing?  

The ship is telling us to take proof of vaccine with us,  but we have never been asked to show it.  They say some stores MIGHT want to see it. We were tested 2-3 days into the voyage and a couple of staff members that would be the last.  Not sure about that,  since I thought we would be tested at the end of the cruise.  We are taking ship excursions,  but haven't heard any mention of not taking private tours. There are still vendors off the wanting to be hired for private transportation ( i.e. taxis and boats).

30 minutes ago, casandbliz said:

The ship is telling us to take proof of vaccine with us,  but we have never been asked to show it.  They say some stores MIGHT want to see it. We were tested 2-3 days into the voyage and a couple of staff members that would be the last.  Not sure about that,  since I thought we would be tested at the end of the cruise.  We are taking ship excursions,  but haven't heard any mention of not taking private tours. There are still vendors off the wanting to be hired for private transportation ( i.e. taxis and boats).

My wife and I were on the previous cruise. 

When you disembark in Costa Rica, they absolutely check (and photograph) your vaccination record. Panama was a no check. PV and Huatulco were no check. We still carried them, but never once got asked other than in Costa Rica. Hope you all get to disembark in Colombia! 

Also for those with a little time in Huatulco... El Sabor de Oaxaca in the city center has some of the best food I've had in a LONG time. 

Panama City - Restaurante Bucaneros is near the docks, excellent food. 

Edited by VengefulWalnut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, casandbliz said:

6 minutes ago, VengefulWalnut said:

My wife and I were on the previous cruise. 

When you disembark in Costa Rica, they absolutely check (and photograph) your vaccination record. Panama was a no check. PV and Huatulco were no check. We still carried them, but never once got asked other than in Costa Rica. Hope you all get to disembark in Colombia! 

Do you know if a digital copy will work?  This is an official California website.  I also have a picture on my phone.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

54 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Do you know if a digital copy will work?  This is an official California website.  I also have a picture on my phone.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

So far we have had to have a digital copy —. on your phone is ok.  Only St Thonas on another cruise has  asked to see  copy of vaccine card

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2