Could travel restrictions finally be easing?

gardenbunny

9 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Nope....called Oceania today as our next trip also leaves before the change in protocol...and was told that as our ship sails before 3/1/22...that the masking requirements would still be in place.  Good news for me as I am a cancer patient...not sure that everyone will be as pleased...

That was just clarified. ALL ships can go mask free on 3/1 regardless of where they are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

That was just clarified. ALL ships can go mask free on 3/1 regardless of where they are.

Just received an email from O, they said masks are still required.  They never mentioned the 3/1 date. 

12 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Nope....called Oceania today as our next trip also leaves before the change in protocol...and was told that as our ship sails before 3/1/22...that the masking requirements would still be in place.  Good news for me as I am a cancer patient...not sure that everyone will be as pleased...

I just don't want to take a cruise if I have to be masked all the time. Rather stay home unmasked.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

Just received an email from O, they said masks are still required.  They never mentioned the 3/1 date. 

Here's the post from the Regent forum clarifying:

Good morning  - the change in mask policy is effecitve on 3/1 for all ships, regardless of when the cruise begins. The policy was clarified yesterday: 

image.thumb.png.9a726e0d51bc75f7f3a1ed86d8b448fb.png 

Edited by Aloha 1

On 2/10/2022 at 1:31 PM, Aloha 1 said:

Here's the post from the Regent forum clarifying:

Good morning  - the change in mask policy is effecitve on 3/1 for all ships, regardless of when the cruise begins. The policy was clarified yesterday: 

image.thumb.png.9a726e0d51bc75f7f3a1ed86d8b448fb.png 

This is true of Regent. Oceania still states masks not required on cruises departing from 3/1/22. I called about a cruise departing 2/26 and inquired if mask only required for 2 days….mask required entire cruise. Makes no sense these passengers will be masked an additional 8 days after new protocol. 

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Many times whoever answers the phone does not know the latest. My understanding is this is NCLH wide. It came from a high source.

Thanks for advice, but I'm very aware of that....however I gave it a try that "maybe" the no mask only on cruises departing 3/1 and after might change to "all ships as of 3/1" as Regent and NCL have done.

This latest Sail Safe from O remains the same:

Are face coverings required? FACE MASK REQUIREMENTS The health and safety of our guests and crew is always our number one priority and at the advice of the medical experts on our SailSafe Global Health and Wellness Council, for all sailings departing prior to March 1, 2022, all guests will be required to wear face masks in all public areas of the ship, unless eating or drinking while seated. They are also required outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained.

Please note: this guidance is subject to change as the global health map evolves. For sailings commencing on or after March 1, 2022, face coverings are highly recommended but not required for guests on board, subject to local oversight of authorities in the jurisdiction(s) in which the ships are sailing, which may result in face coverings being required for guests.