Amber Cove - OK to stay in Carnival area?

Momma1980

Was just there very recently.  Villas (extra charge) zip line (extra charge), small basketball court, small kiddie splash area.  No beach there in port area.  Shopping. Restaurants/bars - one on top of the hill, one by pool.  They had a fish pedicure area that wasn't there last time I was there. (little fish eat the dead skin). 

I think there was a massage area.  There was a Nathan's food truck there, which I thought was pretty funny, but people were lined up to get their food!

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 1

There are a few palm trees and some shade beside some structures. Not advertised but I found out they do have umbrellas to rent. I would gladly have paid ($10?) but didn't know they were for rent until afterwards. Also, I believe there were some hammocks I saw pictured, which I saw in a post after our cruise. We enjoyed our day there, always nice when you don't have to worry about missing the ship.

We rented a pool side cabana.  Nice but expensive and kinda of isolating.  Our food/drink guy was very johnny on the spot.  When we wanted drinks he was right there, even when I was sitting at the swim up bar.  We ran a tab and paid him before we left. We were the only boat, and we were only 1/3 full. It was fairly empty in the pool. I could see it being lively maybe even too crowded with a full ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

When we were there CCL Magic was next to us.  By 12:00 the place was jammed.  We left around 1 (spent 2 hours at port) and went back to the ship where it was nice and quiet - lol!

I have never been to Amber Cove with more than one ship there. Granted I've only been there twice. I imagine with two ships, the resort gets very crowded.

We were there in December.   They have people on bikes with the seats in back ( no idea what they are called) that will ride you to and from the ship for a tip.  Awesome for people like me that have mobility issues.   There was a couple of ships in port so the pool itself was crowded.  Very nice large bar/food venue right at the pool. Plenty of seating covered or in the sun .   Food and drinks were very reasonable and nice place to sit and people watch.  Nice shopping area.

We booked a poolside cabana well in advance. With three couples cruising together it was worth the price. As others have said the service was excellent, and we had a place to cool off inside the cabana. We also got four zip line passes.

My wife loved the sun lounger water mist feature, as this was a hot day in September.

GOPR1008.JPG

GOPR1006.JPG

GOPR1000.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

GOPR0993.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG