Marco polo airport to cruise terminal

fudge

Hallo,

We are sailing with SS  in June, we need to get from Marco Polo airport (Italy) to the cruise terminal, can anyone please advise the best mode of transport and cost if known, thank you in anticipation.

Probably the most interesting and unique is to book a transfer by water taxi. If it's just two of you, it's pretty pricey; if there's another couple or two, it's not unreasonable. But I agree with FlyerTalker: you need to state whether cost, speed, convenience or other factors are what you're evaluating. Also, how many of you, and are you able to maneuver your suitcases over some distance, or do you need help from baggage claim to check-in?

As far as I know, look at:

Water taxi - expensive ~ 120 euros

Water (alilaguna) bus - when I did this, I had to wait ages and the boat was very full, but it was a very 'Venetian' experience.

Land express (atvo) bus - takes half an hour, 8 euros 

Land taxi - fare about 45 euros 

The land bus goes to Piazzale Roma. The water bus depends which route colour you take. Water and land taxis should go to Marittima cruise terminal. There used to be a people mover from Piazzale Roma to Marittima, dunno if it's still operating, I've always walked it in the past.

I am assuming SS is still using Marittima to check pax in, then bus them over to Fusina since ships can't go to Marittima and there aren't the facilities at Fusina.

https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-transport.htm

Edited by jollyjones

56 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Rev taxi works, but the water taxi is a lot of fun and pretty easy.

When we took a water taxi, it let us off at the water taxi dock at one end of the cruise terminal.  Our ship was not nearby.  A land taxi would have gotten us much closer to the ship.  [The People Mover also involved a very long walk to the ship.]

7 hours ago, Frugalsgirl said:

Hi. We are also departing from Venice but in April. I am thinking we will be embarking at Port Marghera- the new departure point for large cruise ships.  Can anyone confirm this is the departure point for SS in 2022? 
thanks

My understanding for my Azamara cruise in Oct. 2022 is that the ship will be docked in Marghera, but passengers will be processed in Venice Marittima [because Marghera doesn't have a passenger facility] and then bused to the ship.

• Like 1