Was all set to hit BOOK NOW then saw THIS!

remydiva

I've spent all morning reading threads about covid testing needed to board ship and different country requirements AND how to get PCR test needed to fly back home to Canada . I was about to press BOOK NOW on a fall 2022 cruise to take advantage of the current VDay sale.

Then I saw this...a huge list of cancelled and delayed cruises.

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

I don't need the worry so will wait. Not Princess's fault but its disappointing as I already had cabin picked and shore excursions. Yes I could book but even with final payment in August (90 days ahead vs the I thought previous 72 days) I'd just be worrying.

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

I've spent all morning reading threads about covid testing needed to board ship and different country requirements AND how to get PCR test needed to fly back home to Canada . I was about to press BOOK NOW on a fall 2022 cruise to take advantage of the current VDay sale.

Then I saw this...a huge list of cancelled and delayed cruises.

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

I don't need the worry so will wait. Not Princess's fault but its disappointing as I already had cabin picked and shore excursions. Yes I could book but even with final payment in August (90 days ahead vs the I thought previous 72 days) I'd just be worrying.

Confused about your thinking here. Was it the extent of the list which has put you off? Presumably you were already aware that cancellations and changes are possible/likely? 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, jimbo1683 said:

Confused about your thinking here. Was it the extent of the list which has put you off? Presumably you were already aware that cancellations and changes are possible/likely? 

The extent of list in that some cruises scheduled for the immediate next several months have been cancelled just when it looked like things were starting to 'open up'. It seems some booked cruisers got lucky; others not. So I will wait longer until things look more 'normal' with less cancellations. i'm skittish as we, like many here, had an April 2020 $$$ cruise cancelled and like many here, had to wait for some time before we eventually were refunded. More stress than I'm comfortable with at my age. Looking forward to things continuing to get better THEN I'll hit BOOK NOW.

46 minutes ago, remydiva said:

The extent of list in that some cruises scheduled for the immediate next several months have been cancelled just when it looked like things were starting to 'open up'. It seems some booked cruisers got lucky; others not. So I will wait longer until things look more 'normal' with less cancellations. i'm skittish as we, like many here, had an April 2020 $$$ cruise cancelled and like many here, had to wait for some time before we eventually were refunded. More stress than I'm comfortable with at my age. Looking forward to things continuing to get better THEN I'll hit BOOK NOW.

Most of the recent cancellations that impact the next few months were the result of Princess delaying the restart of the Crown and the Island, and then shifting the Sapphire from the Australian/Asian market earlier.  Not enough demand at the moment to restart the Crown and Island.  Actually worked out well because those ships were then available during Omicron to use as quarantine ships for crew. 

Not much change for ships that have actually started sailing in the US. So really not that much of an issue.

• Like 1

Worrying about PCR test requirements for next fall is a bit silly, since Canada is quickly relaxing restrictions and there's little chance of any testing requirement being in place by then, barring a new strain or outbreak. That's why you should get the Princess Platinum insurance, since you can cancel for any reason and get 100% back. I understand the fears, I canceled many cruises since September because of fears of Delta and then Omicron, but after freaking out for a few days on a Majestic cruise a few weeks ago, I realized it wasn't worth worrying about. The rest of the world is deciding that they are going to live with covid and open borders, and Canada will have to follow suit, otherwise they risk losing many more millions in tourist and cruise revenue in Victoria and Vancouver. A lot of the cruise cancellations are just because of Australia and much of Asia remaining closed, but I view that as a positive, because it means the Majestic has been in Mexico and the Sapphire will sail out of LA this summer and fall.

• Like 1