GOLD perks?

TexasBrit

On 2/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, Georgia Peach 4 said:

What do you do with the pins?  I have a collection of gold pins that I have no use for, have started leaving them in the room.

I used to put them on the strap of my “cruise purse.” Last cruise, I played a team game and when we won we were all given a lanyard. I put mine on there. I just think they are fun to have. My husband doesn’t keep his.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:05 PM, kwokpot said:

IMO I like the Gold drink benefit better. I don't a drink at brunch. 

On 2/14/2022 at 12:03 AM, BasicSailor said:

When do you a drink?😇

We were laughing because it read like you were slurring your words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bartzcrew said:

Those who have gotten the gold email. How close to sailing did that come. This is our second gold cruise. We leave in 18 days, but I haven't received that email. Just curious. Thanks!

7days before sail date. Waiting for another one. Leave in 19 days

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the final word on this matter is that they give you a drink after 5 pm on cruises 5 days or more?

I finally hit gold on a sailabration but it will be on a 3 day cruise. So I expect only a janky gold pin...no drinks...

I know CCL puts some rules around this to save some money because some folks won’t bother.   But good grief, it’s a single drink. Just give it to us whenever we ask for it. 

And I also had issues with the free water on my last cruise now that we have to collect the bottle rather than it just being placed in the room.  The bartender charged me and I missed it (there were other items on the ticket).  I wasn’t going to hassle with guest services over $3.95. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, Razor_Poke said:

And I also had issues with the free water on my last cruise now that we have to collect the bottle rather than it just being placed in the room.  The bartender charged me and I missed it (there were other items on the ticket).  I wasn’t going to hassle with guest services over $3.95. 

On the cruise we just got off, the  Sailabration, we each managed 2 waters each. One the stateroom attendant brought in and left with a note saying those were our free. Then on the last day, we got something from the coffee shop, and they were like did you want your free waters... 

one thing I want to add to the free drink discussion.   If you have Cheers watch out.   Cheers covers a higher dollar amount drink,  the free drink is up to $10 dollars.   The computer automatically assigns it without warning when it is time, for me it was the first drink after 5pm on the last night.  I actually had a charge when every other drink was free.   Bar tender couldn't do anything about it.  I paid the bill, went to guest services and complained and they refunded me the charge.  Just want to warn people.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, Georgia Peach 4 said:

What do you do with the pins?  I have a collection of gold pins that I have no use for, have started leaving them in the room.

I would be interested in some of your extra pins if you want to work something out. Nascartim_99 at yahoo dot com.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:05 PM, kwokpot said:

IMO I like the Gold drink benefit better. I don't a drink at brunch. 

The Platinum drink at brunch can be redeemed for any drink - soda, premium coffee, fresh pressed juice. Doesn't have to be alcohol. The gold drink on the last sea day was originally instituted because golds were cut out of the past guest party.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1