future cruise credits

grammy t

We were never sent our FCC, when we cancelled our August 2020 cruise in April 2020.

We were told by the TA to use our booking number to re book our next cruise.

I knew Celebritycruises had it on file, as we were sent an email in September 2020, extending the use by date.

We did just that when we booked a round Britain Staycation in April 2021.

It was used for our deposit, but the TA first phoned Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

We cancelled a cruise on December 30th and have still not received our FCC.  We contacted Celebrity in order to use these on a future booking and were told that the delay was because we had used a travel agent.   They said that if we had booked directly with Celebrity we would already have the credits.  Nowhere in the information cited on the Celebrity website does it allude to this.  In fact the website information continues to state you will received your FCC in 30 days.  This is very poor service on the part of Celebrity and a great disservice to all of the agencies that handle Celebrity cruises if they are treating these passengers differently.

2 hours ago, LMaraist said:

We cancelled a cruise on December 30th and have still not received our FCC.  We contacted Celebrity in order to use these on a future booking and were told that the delay was because we had used a travel agent.   They said that if we had booked directly with Celebrity we would already have the credits.  Nowhere in the information cited on the Celebrity website does it allude to this.  In fact the website information continues to state you will received your FCC in 30 days.  This is very poor service on the part of Celebrity and a great disservice to all of the agencies that handle Celebrity cruises if they are treating these passengers differently.

I also used a TA and at day 45 (they say it can take up to 45 days) from cancellation I had her call Celebrity to find out what the holdup was. Celebrity found the FCC and I had an email within an hour, I think that the email was sent to our TA who then sent it to me. So worth checking with your TA, if you are using one, to be sure that they have not missed the email. 

We cancelled our cruise on Dec 22nd for January and STILL have not received  our FCC, we are trying to use it on a cruise that goes in 3 weeks but after repeated phone calls they still have not sent it to our TA.  They did allow our TA to put the cruise on hold, so it is sitting there but no one can tell us when we will get our FCC to use it.

They are the ones that imposed the rules that you have to have a cruise booked by a certain date (I think this is the end of April) and used on a cruise but they won't issue them so we can use them

We are frustrated because we want to book something asap and need to have an actual booking to add flights etc.

The TA has called 3 times and the last time was told to call back Friday (yesterday) and STILL no FCC

• Thanks 1

We’re in the same boat. It’s been 49 days since our cancellation and no FCCs have arrived. I think that anyone cancelling a cruise now will have useless FCCs even though their policy is that you can cancel up to 48 hours because they probably won’t get any FCCs until after the rebooking window of April 30th.

We used the big bulk store agent and never have problems.  Cancelled and rebooked over 5 times since august with the latest cancel for February 21 of this year and already used it for a March 5th upcoming reflection. 

Just tell the agent to contact the resolution’s department.  They are the ones that will actually generate it. 

now getting our cash card back after the cruise booked on board is a different story. 😀

14 hours ago, Clgjtg said:

We’re in the same boat. It’s been 49 days since our cancellation and no FCCs have arrived. I think that anyone cancelling a cruise now will have useless FCCs even though their policy is that you can cancel up to 48 hours because they probably won’t get any FCCs until after the rebooking window of April 30th.

There is no rebooking window of April 30th anymoe, book and use by Dec 31st applies 

We cancelled our cruise back in the first week in January.  We also never received our email with our FCC so last week I called our TA (Big Box) and they called Celebrity and got the FCC and applied it to our August sailing.  That may have sounded easy - but we waited 1hr and 20 minutes for the TA to answer and didn't get thru to Celebrity until 3hr 40 minutes into the call (so took 2 hr 20 min for Celebrity to answer) - didn't get off the phone until 4 hr 12 min total time on the phone - don't you just love that the phone tells you how long you were on the phone?  But at least our FCC was issued and we were able to use it on our next cruise.  I have no doubt that if I hadn't called we would never have received it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

There is no rebooking window of April 30th anymoe, book and use by Dec 31st applies 

Where did you see this? My TA still thinks there is an April 30 booking deadline.

26 minutes ago, Clgjtg said:

Where did you see this? My TA still thinks there is an April 30 booking deadline.

29 minutes ago, Clgjtg said:

This requirement has been removed, ask him to check the Cruise with Confidence rules.

7 hours ago, Pickels said:

We decided to cancel our March cruise and have already received our new FCC.  We've always worked directly with Celebrity, no TA, maybe that made a difference. 

How long did it take to get your FCCs working directly with Celebrity?

Back in January, the new FCC was activated before I got off the phone with a Celebrity rep.  It took a hour on the phone because the rep had to check with the staff that does the FCCs.  But after an hour it was good.  Now here's a follow up.  Today, 3/2-- I had another issue with an FCC, (short changed) , was on the phone with Celebrity for 1/2 hour, same back and forth, but, then the issue was resolved. 

We cancelled a Jan. 17 cruise on Jan. 4. After 44 days with only a couple of refunds to my Visa, I contacted my TA. He contacted X and was told that it would be 7-10 days to see the FCC. On day 8 after that call partial FCC's were sent to my TA who is now applying those to pay for a May 15 cruise as final payment is due Mar. 6. The left over FCC is to go to another booking. And, yes, the deadline for using your FCC's has now been extended to no more that one year from the original sail date of your cancelled booking. 

Today is March 3rd and we are still waiting for our FCC for a cruise cancelled on December 30th.  We have all Celebrity, written to our TA and contacted the BBB to no avail.  We have been loyal Celebrity customers for many years but I think this will be my last cruse with them.  Something is  terribly wrong with a system that gives FCC promptly in some instances and causes tremendous delays in others.