Bring bottled water

kapeaccruiser

14 hours ago, complawyer said:

you are obviously from the south where every soft drink is a "coke". consequently, you will be most unhappy and chagrined on board any ncl ship. PEPSI products only!

i prefer pepsi any day and would not ask for a coke unless they offer nothing else.

disneyworld for me is a disaster. only coke products 

Spot on.  Pepsi is the devil’s juice.

Dr Pepper is where it’s AT!

😂

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:52 AM, mjkacmom said:

The water on the ships is fine, I do not drink out of the tap at home (use a brita). I drink a ton of water so can’t justify bottled.

For many of us whose ankles swell while cruising, bottled water is the way to go. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:13 PM, phissy said:

No water or soda allowed at embarkation.

Wine corkage fee per bottle and size (750 or 1.5l)

NCL has water package for sale and can be purchased before your cruise . it will be delivered to cabin.

Just to add to your note, I always order water ahead of time and, because it's super busy and crazy on the first day for crew, you may not get the water till late evening or the next morning. 

What I've started to do is stop at a bar upon boarding and pick up one bottle to get me through the day. I drink enough bottled water that it won't go to waste

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, Starflyr3 said:

No, nope, and no.

soda is what you put in cookies so they rise correctly.  Pop is what you so with bubble wrap.

sugary, carbonated drinks are always Coke.

as in, “I’ll have a Coke”

waiter:  “what kind?”

me: “Dr Pepper”

🤣

I can better the lot of ye… in Ireland they’re called “minerals”, and potato chips are called Tayto’s after the dominant brand. Though I will admit the encroaching US and UK influence from tv means there’s quite a few people here that wouldn’t know what a mineral is in a drink context.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, lyannea said:

For many of us whose ankles swell while cruising, bottled water is the way to go. 

Unfortunately you can’t get ice from the bottled water so I’ve given up and convinced my doc to give me a prescription for diuretics when I go on a cruise. He and the pharmacist always know I’m about to travel when I’m in for that and if it’s for the epi-pen (jellyfish are evil) too they know it somewhere hot.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what about empty water bottles?  So that you can fill it up from the tap in your room?

Would you not want to have a water bottle with you at the pool, or during your excursion?  

I presume that NCL prohibits filled plastic bottles.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, Starflyr3 said:

No, nope, and no.

soda is what you put in cookies so they rise correctly.  Pop is what you so with bubble wrap.

sugary, carbonated drinks are always Coke.

as in, “I’ll have a Coke”

waiter:  “what kind?”

me: “Dr Pepper”

🤣

So you go to a Chevy dealer and ask for a Civic I bet... 😛

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pdmlynek said:

Well, what about empty water bottles?  So that you can fill it up from the tap in your room?

Would you not want to have a water bottle with you at the pool, or during your excursion?  

I've always brought two empty Nalgenes for myself and my husband and the kids each take an empty water bottle as well.  We go to the bar in the morning and ask for water without ice and fill up our bottles.  We've never had an issue.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pdmlynek said:

You can bring empty bottles. Or just pay the 7-11 prices for paper box water on the ship

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You can bring empty bottles. Or just pay the 7-11 prices for paper box water on the ship

OK, thanks. I thought that empty bottles would be fine.  

I never understood the idea of paying for drinking water, when it is essentially free from the tap.

15 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Can I get caned tonic water from the bar with "open bar" perk?

Not very likely without being charged for it!

Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.
Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD retail price. Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

Edited by ggTexasGal
Added Terms from NCL

1 hour ago, screenname2004 said:

Can I get caned tonic water from the bar with "open bar" perk?

Before you ask if you can get a beer with the perk, I suggest you review the package details.  The default one for the perk is the top one, each has a link to a PDF that is more comprehensive as to what is included.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hallux said:

Before you ask if you can get a beer with the perk, I suggest you review the package details.  The default one for the perk is the top one, each has a link to a PDF that is more comprehensive as to what is included.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Thanks. But the PDF doesn't say if the tonic are from "soda gun" or in can/bottle. :)

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 3:36 AM, lyannea said:

Just to add to your note, I always order water ahead of time and, because it's super busy and crazy on the first day for crew, you may not get the water till late evening or the next morning. 

What I've started to do is stop at a bar upon boarding and pick up one bottle to get me through the day. I drink enough bottled water that it won't go to waste

Recently on the Encore. It was a last minute booking just days before the sailing. I think just 2 or 3 days before the sailing, I bought the 6 blue cartons/boxes of water package just for the convenience.  It was sitting in my cabin when I arrived. Easy peasy. I would not pay that price at home. But, I wasnt at home, lol. That worked fine for me. With the current low passenger counts, getting stuff set up in my cabin before I arrived, was not an issue. The water package was a splurge for convenience, lol. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 2