Mask Indoors

juancarlosgarciasanchez

8 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello-

Is MSC requiring its current guest when indoors to wear safety mask? 

Currently. what percentage of guest are wearing safety mask in all areas of the ship?

Thanks 

I heard, yes. Except when you are eating at the diningrooms. 

For what I read the Lido deck outside you don't need to wear it. 

12 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello-

Currently. what percentage of guest are wearing safety mask in all areas of the ship?

Thanks 

Yes you must wear a mask indoors.  All guests are wearing; some correctly, others not so.

19 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello-

Thanks 

Yes, any time you are outside you need a mask except for dining and obviously swimming.

We have seen pretty much full compliance on our four recent sailings and all employees are masked

52 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

You have to wear a mask outside? 

I think Fogfog is incorrect.  Mask indoors, except eating or drinking, but I don't think they are restricting outdoor masks.  Just encouraging social distancing, and limitations on number of people in the pool.  There are recent reports of failure to comply with seating limitations and masking in the theater.

52 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I think Fogfog is incorrect.  Mask indoors, except eating or drinking, but I don't think they are restricting outdoor masks.  Just encouraging social distancing, and limitations on number of people in the pool.  There are recent reports of failure to comply with seating limitations and masking in the theater.

JAGR is correct. 

12 hours ago, JAGR said:

Thank you! Had me rethinking about heading to FL next week!

19 hours ago, kym05 said:

Do you have to wear them at the bar while drinking?

Do not believe they are allowing people to sit at the bar yet.  Presumably to protect the Bartenders and waitstaff.    Seating in the bar/lounge areas is open.  

Saw a post elsewhere from a 'Karen' complaining that people in the bars and lounges should be required to "Sip and cover".  🍸🍺🥤   Yeah. . .   not going to happen.  🤣 

Edited by pr8hd
Added information.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, pr8hd said:

Do not believe they are allowing people to sit at the bar yet.  Presumably to protect the Bartenders and waitstaff.    Seating in the bar/lounge areas is open.  

Saw a post elsewhere from a 'Karen' complaining that people in the bars and lounges should be required to "Sip and cover".  🍸🍺🥤   Yeah. . .   not going to happen.  🤣 

Lol Can't stop laughing! I'm with you 😃 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outofofficeon said:

Anyone think this is likely to change before next four weeks?

ive just come off celebrity - mask wearing compulsory, and then as we disembarked notice came that next cruise they didn’t need to wear them. Darn ! Missed it by 1 cruise.

I wish it were next week that is when we leave!

On 2/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, pr8hd said:

The 'Karen' forgot she has the right to "Turn and Leave".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, JAGR said:

Correct 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, pr8hd said:

It varied by ship.  Mera no seating at some bars but at the Brass Anchor you could.  Divina yes at most.

Open seating on both was distanced.  YMMV widely.

• Like 1

Still have my fingers crossed MSC hops on board with all other cruise lines, Stop the masks! Everyone is tested twice on MSC cruises and the majority vaxed. If someone feels uncomfortable they have the option to be masked, double masked, triple masked or walk around in a bubble, it should be by choice!

• Like 3

Well, we were plenty spoiled the past 6 months sailing between Celebrity Equinox and Edge with no mask policy until Christmas Eve outbreak of 45 cases and the mask up order came through the PA from the Captain. About 25% of the passengers refused to mask up. It prepared us for our Seashore cruise Feb 12, 2022.  I felt we could get from our cabin deck 19 in the YC one evening to the YC restaurant one deck below using the stairs without masking, when a room steward 'casually suggested' we forgot our masks. DW quipped ""See, I told you." 

Another time getting off at Ocean Cay  I asked if we could take off our masks on the island. Yes all guests, but not staff. However, we immediately appreciated that we kept our  masks on for the trolley ride over to Ocean House because a passenger in the seat immediately in front of me was coughing into their mask, thankfully. I was ready to jump off the trolley. One never knows just when or who is infected and the ride over to Ocean House was the longest ride we ever took.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Well, we were plenty spoiled the past 6 months sailing between Celebrity Equinox and Edge with no mask policy until Christmas Eve outbreak of 45 cases and the mask up order came through the PA from the Captain. About 25% of the passengers refused to mask up. It prepared us for our Seashore cruise Feb 12, 2022.  I felt we could get from our cabin deck 19 in the YC one evening to the YC restaurant one deck below using the stairs without masking, when a room steward 'casually suggested' we forgot our masks. DW quipped ""See, I told you." 

Another time getting off at Ocean Cay  I asked if we could take off our masks on the island. Yes all guests, but not staff. However, we immediately appreciated that we kept our  masks on for the trolley ride over to Ocean House because a passenger in the seat immediately in front of me was coughing into their mask, thankfully. I was ready to jump off the trolley. One never knows just when or who is infected and the ride over to Ocean House was the longest ride we ever took.

Hope you made it home safely.

Reports Queen of England has Corona.  All the King's Horses and Men could not prevent it.  Not even the CDC.

It's simple - If there's an R in the month, and you're boarding in a country beginning with a-m (except on sundays, if there's no "e" in the month, when it's a-k, and n-p, along with y), you need to have been boosted 9 months ago, otherwise if the day begins with "S" and your surname does not begin with a, p, r or t, you just need a second dose, Otherwise the pier staff will make up the rules...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, caffeine_demon said:

It's simple - If there's an R in the month, and you're boarding in a country beginning with a-m (except on sundays, if there's no "e" in the month, when it's a-k, and n-p, along with y), you need to have been boosted 9 months ago, otherwise if the day begins with "S" and your surname does not begin with a, p, r or t, you just need a second dose, Otherwise the pier staff will make up the rules...

I have not had my morning coffee yet and you just hurt my brain trying to read that 🤦

• Like 1
  • Haha 1