Falmouth Cancelled on Feb 26 Reflection Sailing

ecec

4 hours ago, ecec said:

Anyone know why Falmouth was cancelled on the Feb 26 Reflection Sailing? I figured Grand Cayman would be, but was surprised by Falmouth. 

Thanks!

No idea - though I wish we were still going to Key West instead of Bimini (one of the first things they changed months ago)...

Tom

• Like 1

I went back and actually read the email they sent me on this topic! --- Nothing beats a Covid reason... default/cover all !!

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Reflection®, for your 7-Night Western Caribbean cruise, departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on February 26, 2022. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share regarding our itinerary. Celebrity Cruises is working closely with health and government authorities to protect the well-being and safety of everyone onboard, as well as the destinations we visit. We are also continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.

New port regulations regarding COVID-19 protocols will require us to replace our scheduled calls to George Town, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica with extended stops in Cozumel, Mexico and Costa Maya, Mexico. In addition to these changes, we will add a call to Nassau Bahamas on February 28th, followed by an at sea day on March 1st. Our sail away time has also been changed to 5:30 PM on Saturday, February 26th.

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I went back and actually read the email they sent me on this topic! --- Nothing beats a Covid reason... default/cover all !!

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Reflection®, for your 7-Night Western Caribbean cruise, departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on February 26, 2022. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share regarding our itinerary. Celebrity Cruises is working closely with health and government authorities to protect the well-being and safety of everyone onboard, as well as the destinations we visit. We are also continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.

New port regulations regarding COVID-19 protocols will require us to replace our scheduled calls to George Town, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica with extended stops in Cozumel, Mexico and Costa Maya, Mexico. In addition to these changes, we will add a call to Nassau Bahamas on February 28th, followed by an at sea day on March 1st. Our sail away time has also been changed to 5:30 PM on Saturday, February 26th.

What was the original itinerary?

11 minutes ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

What was the original itinerary?

If memory serves, Key West - Cozumel - Grand Cayman - Jamaica

Only Cozumel remains. 

My prior order of interest was Key West (poof), Cozumel (still on track!), and nothing else. I would have stayed on the ship for GC and Jamaica. Now I'll just stay onboard for Bimini, Nassau, and Costa Maya. I'll at least get off in Cozumel to stretch my legs.  😄

Tom 

Hi, 

I booked this cruise a few weeks ago and did not realize that Key West was on the original itinerary. Because I have been to Key West many times, I am looking forward to Bimini (a new port for me). I have been to the other ports multiple times, but I booked a shore excursion in Nassau to Pearl Island and a shore excursion in Costa Maya to Bacalar and the Lagoon of Seven Colors. These are at least new sites for me. 

Chuck

18 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Only Cozumel remains. 

My prior order of interest was Key West (poof), Cozumel (still on track!), and nothing else. I would have stayed on the ship for GC and Jamaica. Now I'll just stay onboard for Bimini, Nassau, and Costa Maya. I'll at least get off in Cozumel to stretch my legs.  😄

Tom 

Wow. A lot of change. At least you will be cruising. Have fun!

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

In this COVID world, the Caribbean itineraries seem to be subject to possible changes. In July 2021, I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit out of St. Maarten. The original itinerary was Barbados, St. Kitts, and Tortola. The actual itinerary was Barbados, St. Lucia and Curacao. I didn't mind and had a wonderful time.

I am sure that I will have an excellent time on the Celebrity Reflection. It will be nice to have a break from cold and snowy Chicago. 

Chuck

17 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I booked this cruise a few weeks ago and did not realize that Key West was on the original itinerary. Because I have been to Key West many times, I am looking forward to Bimini (a new port for me). I have been to the other ports multiple times, but I booked a shore excursion in Nassau to Pearl Island and a shore excursion in Costa Maya to Bacalar and the Lagoon of Seven Colors. These are at least new sites for me. 

Chuck

Cheryl tells me "we haven't been to Bimini, so we're at least getting off". So, there's that...  🙂

Tom

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

From the Roll Call of the current Equinox sailing

@lexmiller

The cruise director, Eddy Jenkins, mentioned on his morning news show on channel 2, that Jamaica wouldn’t let us off unless every passenger was administered a covid test. 

They must have just changed the rules yesterday as the Reflection was there 2 days ago on Feb 15. However, the only passengers allowed to disembark had to be booked on a Celebrity excursion, which we were.

We booked this one on December  31 - when we cancelled our January 3 cruise due to the surge at the time.  Since we booked, Jamaica had been in the itinerary until the change was announced last week or so.  I'm okay with Bimini as it's a port we've never been to, but I'm pretty disappointed about Jamaica as it's my favorite island and I was looking forward to a return visit.  Oh well - there's always another time.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:47 AM, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Chuck

We just had our Pearl Island excursion for Fri Mar 25 cancelled by Celebrity - some sort of dispute with the tour operator. 

On 2/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Only Cozumel remains. 

Tom 

Missing ports of call one cruise gives you a very good excuse for booking in an extra cruise later in the year when the port should have reopened. My glass is always half full….

On 2/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Cheryl tells me "we haven't been to Bimini, so we're at least getting off". So, there's that...  🙂

Tom

….and if you really like Bimini then that is yet another reason to book another cruise because you really want to go back…

Edited by chemmo

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Missing ports of call one cruise gives you a very good excuse for booking in an extra cruise later in the year when the port should have reopened. My glass is always half full….

….and if you really like Bimini then that is yet another reason to book another cruise because you really want to go back…

It's best to have a half full glass - of course, if you consider it half full, you might not be on the lookout for a refill yet. If you consider it half empty, you can already get those gears turning. Having said that, I rarely fill my gas tank before there's 1/8 or less left!!

Tom

32 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Also there is some recent information on this topic from the posts of @cruisejamaica on this very recent thread.

On the Reflection 2/19 sailing we needed a ships excursion to get off in Falmouth.  It was rather sad as there was a good sized craft market at the port and locals came and opened their booths before the ship docked.  They had no business until the few Celebrity tours returned mid - late afternoon and some passengers  stopped on the way back to the ship.  

13 hours ago, zonkerbc said:

We just had our Pearl Island excursion for Fri Mar 25 cancelled by Celebrity - some sort of dispute with the tour operator. 

Hi, 

I received notice yesterday from Celebrity that my Pearl Island excursion for Feb. 28 was canceled. 

Chuck

On 2/17/2022 at 1:28 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Only Cozumel remains. 

Tom 

Have you been to Bimini?  We actually really enjoyed it on our first trip there recently.  Not as good as Key West for sure, but we had a nice time.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

On the Reflection 2/19 sailing we needed a ships excursion to get off in Falmouth.  It was rather sad as there was a good sized craft market at the port and locals came and opened their booths before the ship docked.  They had no business until the few Celebrity tours returned mid - late afternoon and some passengers  stopped on the way back to the ship.  

And that's an example of what annoyed me on a recent stop at another port which required only Celebrity excursions.  Those passengers were allowed to roam the shop area before re-boarding after they returned from their tour.  So what prevented them from grabbing a taxi and touring the island on their own for another couple hours, and why were they considered less contagious than the rest of us??  It was very annoying as I really like to get off the ship in port if for nothing else than to stretch my legs on land for a bit.

• Like 1