Covid testing for return flights

darnoc23

Hello,

Will be taking a Canada cruise disembarking in Vancouver and returning to the U.S. the same day.  The flight requirements state we need to furnish a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to flight.  Does anyone know if Princess does the COVID testing for passengers flying the same day?  Is there a charge?  TIA.

What about Princess cruises in Europe. Americans need a covid test to fly back to the US. Will Princess provide and pay for those? I am thinking about booking a UK cruise in May and will need a test to fly from London back to US after the cruise.

21 hours ago, susiesan said:

What about Princess cruises in Europe. Americans need a covid test to fly back to the US. Will Princess provide and pay for those? I am thinking about booking a UK cruise in May and will need a test to fly from London back to US after the cruise.

I would think that the answer given by @CarelessAndConfused covers this question.

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I would think that the answer given by @CarelessAndConfused covers this question.

That answer is very vague as to the parameters of returning to your home country by air and needing a test. I just don't see Princess doing thousands of antigen tests a day for all of the people disembarking in Europe. I do not see that language anywhere on the Princess web site. it may only be relevant and applicable to cruises sailing now. Since cruises from European ports haven't started we don't know what the testing protocol will be.

This is directly from the Princess website:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

Yes, if a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of a COVID-19 test administered within the timeframe required prior to travel.

Guests should disembark the ship, collect their luggage, clear customs and exit the terminal for testing. COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal. Antigen test results will be available in approximately 30 minutes and PCR test results will be available in approximately 60 minutes; please plan your post-cruise travel arrangements accordingly.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

If guests would prefer to have the required test completed while still onboard, Princess has partnered with Optum so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door in 3 business days or less, before traveling to the ship. Using MedallionNet onboard, these at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test while onboard and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding. Order your test kit online.

Exactly what @CarelessAndConfused posted...

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 6:30 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

Yes.  Princess will take care of that for you.  It is in the "Post Cruise" section at the bottom of this link:

CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the United States - Princess Cruises

That link is only for cruise “ sailings from the United States”, not Canada or Europe. Hopefully Princess will extend this service to those sailings.

• Like 1

So for the record I got off the Enchanted yesterday and went to go look at getting  tested at the port in FLL.  Was off around 8:45am and the person at the testing station informed me that they would only test those that were flying out the DAY AFTER disembarkation.  If you were flying out the same day they would not test you and you would have to get tested at the airport. 

Thankfully I had brought a test with me and already done it that morning however I was talking with another couple off the ship at the airport and they had gotten off around 7:30 and were told that they had no more tests available at the port.  They had to go to FLL and pay $160 USD each to get tested. 

They were going to go back to Princess and try to get reimbursed but there was nothing provided on the ship stating that would be possible or that testing would not be available at the port for flying out same day.  In fact the info sheet given to us said that exact opposite and provided the same info that Princess states on it's website.  At lot of good that did people.

Edited by jpom18
  • Thanks 2

On 2/16/2022 at 8:49 PM, darnoc23 said:

Hello,

Will be taking a Canada cruise disembarking in Vancouver and returning to the U.S. the same day.  The flight requirements state we need to furnish a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to flight.  Does anyone know if Princess does the COVID testing for passengers flying the same day?  Is there a charge?  TIA.

We have a May cruise disembarking in Vancouver and we will fly back to the US. My PVP says details will be forthcoming. Alot can change in 2 or 3 months. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Testing in Vancouver

We just completed a cruise on the Discovery Princess from Los Angeles to Vancouver and flew home to Los Angeles directly after the cruise.  We had booked our air on Princess Air, and used the Princess transfer.  No COVID tests required to disembark in Canada, but flights to US required Negative test result.

Princess tested all passengers flying to international destinations on departure day, on-board on the day before departure.  They assigned passengers time slot to visit a ship dining room where they did the COVID test in groups, we waited 15 min for results in the dining room, and were handed the written results before leaving the dining room.  Took about 30 min including wait time.

Best part was Princess had transmitted Negative test result to the airline, so we only had to verify the info already transmitted at check in.

Also Princess required all passenger to complete the ArriveCAN app and Canada customs forms before our 1st Canada stop in Victoria, and we all walked off with no stopping for Canada immigration at either Victoria and Vancouver.  Very easy disembarkation in Canada.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LuvKruzn said:

Testing in Vancouver

We just completed a cruise on the Discovery Princess from Los Angeles to Vancouver and flew home to Los Angeles directly after the cruise.  We had booked our air on Princess Air, and used the Princess transfer.  No COVID tests required to disembark in Canada, but flights to US required Negative test result.

Princess tested all passengers flying to international destinations on departure day, on-board on the day before departure.  They assigned passengers time slot to visit a ship dining room where they did the COVID test in groups, we waited 15 min for results in the dining room, and were handed the written results before leaving the dining room.  Took about 30 min including wait time.

Best part was Princess had transmitted Negative test result to the airline, so we only had to verify the info already transmitted at check in.

Also Princess required all passenger to complete the ArriveCAN app and Canada customs forms before our 1st Canada stop in Victoria, and we all walked off with no stopping for Canada immigration at either Victoria and Vancouver.  Very easy disembarkation in Canada.  

This is what I was expecting in a few weeks. However, Princess changed the wording YESTERDAY on the website to say passengers disembarking in Canada are required to obtain disembarkation testing ON THEIR OWN!

Screenshot_20220505-110910_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Buckeye10640

49 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

This is what I was expecting in a few weeks. However, Princess changed the wording YESTERDAY on the website to say passengers disembarking in Canada are required to obtain disembarkation testing ON THEIR OWN!

Screenshot_20220505-110910_Chrome.jpg

Wow, those two paragraphs contradict each other. Betcha that'll change within a couple of days...

Received this last night.  Looks like they no longer provide the test.  

IMPORTANT NOTICES
UPDATED DISEMBARK TESTING POLICY FOR YOUR CRUISE
Please be advised that due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret that we are unable to provide debark testing in Vancouver, British Columbia for guests who require a negative COVID-19 test for travel back to the U.S.

For guests flying home on the day of disembarkation, we recommend utilizing the testing facilities at Vancouver International Airport (YVR). For more information regarding locations, pricing, and reservations, please visit: https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/travel-planning/takecare/covid-19-testing. For additional information about testing locations in and around Vancouver, please visit https://*****/3KD1rig.

We have also partnered with Optum and Radeas so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized medically observed at-home antigen test kit. To order an Optum home test, please visit https://*****/3FfbQiV. For Radeas, visit https://cruise.radeas.com/.