Coke vs Soda Classic Beverage Package

ktm2527

QQ for anyone who has sailed recently.  I see the Celebrity website makes a big deal about Coke Products are offered with the Premium drink package (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic).  But in the list of beverages available, both the Classic Alcohol package and the Premium Alcohol package just list "Sodas".  Do Classic package users just get generic sodas?  Is it only soda water?  Seems odd that they only call out Coke products in their premium package literature.  I am hoping coke brand is still included in classic, I know it was before way back in Feb 2020, but not sure if it changed.  Thanks!

23 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I’m guessing maybe 20 years ago they had Pepsi and switched to Coke. Whatever , one of the funniest posts ever was a woman who came on Celebrity and cancelled her cruise when she found out they did not have her preferred soda brand.

I laugh at this - as we also sail on NCL...
They serve only Pepsi & I can't wait until we are in Port & I can grab a Coke or 2...
In general, if I'm at a restaurant & I request a Coke - if the server says will Pepsi do?

My response - I'll have an iced tea...

• Like 9

Neither my husband nor I drink much soda.  So I had absolutely no comprehension regarding the strength of soda brand preference is for a surprisingly large number of people until I volunteered at our local 4th of July community celebration.  I was a volunteer at the Fairbanks Historical Preservation Foundation at a booth serving hot dogs, chips, shaved iced and sodas.   This was clearly a group of volunteers raising funds for a local non-profit -- there was a large sign and we also had brochures regarding the foundation.  And any "professional" group would have organized that booth more efficiently.  While it surprised me how many folks were rather miffed that we had Coke products.  One lady was really rather rude.  Another of the volunteers wasn't surprised at all as she volunteers at a snack booth at youth hockey games.

• Like 1

Anyone who’s sailed lately know if they carry Coke Zero? It’s been missing when we sailed other cruise lines. Not sure why it’s so hard to find! I just skip It all together if I’d have to sub out fir Diet Coke or something with sugar. 

On 2/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, DaKahuna said:

I wish they would change to Pepsi but all the soda's I have had onboard are part of the Coco-Cola brand. 

I have never bought a Pepsi product in purpose.  Being from Atlanta, Coke is it, period. Actually it’s Co Cola.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, StellaTN said:

Anyone who’s sailed lately know if they carry Coke Zero? It’s been missing when we sailed other cruise lines. Not sure why it’s so hard to find! I just skip It all together if I’d have to sub out fir Diet Coke or something with sugar. 

I’ve only ever seen Diet Coke…I prefer the “bite” of it to Coke Zero…Wife is the opposite..

2 hours ago, StellaTN said:

I had Coke Zero on the Apex TA last October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a big fan of Diet Pepsi and in case you could not tell from my previous post, much prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke or Coke Zero.  One of the this I do ashore while my wife is shopping for trinkets is to see if I can find Pepsi product.  

I have ‘zero’ coke on Every cruise…..unless they pour a rum into it, then I’ll drink Coke   

by the way, ordering a Rum and Pepsi would be a be weird wouldn’t it??? Just doesn’t have the right cadence…..and yes I’m well aware many do. Just isn’t ‘cooooool’ 

den

Just now, Denny01 said:

I have ‘zero’ coke on Every cruise…..unless they pour a rum into it, then I’ll drink Coke   

by the way, ordering a Rum and Pepsi would be a be weird wouldn’t it??? Just doesn’t have the right cadence…..and yes I’m well aware many do. Just isn’t ‘cooooool’ 

den

It may not be cool but it is delicious. 

It's no different than asking for Diet Pepsi in your Long Island Ice Tea...  

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It may not be cool but it is delicious. 

It's no different than asking for Diet Pepsi in your Long Island Ice Tea...  

Have you lost your mind!?! Let me order a Long Island with 800calories and insist on a diet soda added?  

you need to follow proper protocol and Do As I Say! Of course I’m the guy who wears a Tux just so I can lean on a bar, pull my bow tie loose and order a Martini ‘Shaken, not Stirred’….and my wife rolls her eyes and reminds me the bartender has seen that 2,576 times…and I’m Not Bond, James Bond. He was over 6’ and I ‘approach’ 5’6”. 

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, dkjretired said:

I’m guessing maybe 20 years ago they had Pepsi and switched to Coke. Whatever , one of the funniest posts ever was a woman who came on Celebrity and cancelled her cruise when she found out they did not have her preferred soda brand.

On Crystal, which was a Coke cruise line, they would order you Pepsi if you wanted it and let them know ahead of time. Not for me, I prefer Coke! But I thought that was incredible. Alas, perhaps not sustainable, but... 

The two most popular brands by sales in the U.S. are regular Coke and Diet Coke with Pepsi coming in at a distant third.  That's why more people get testy when Coke/Diet Coke isn't available. 

I was a die-hard Diet Coke drinker until about five months ago, so I'll admit to being one of those who was always anxious before going anywhere about making sure Diet Coke was available, even if I had to pack it myself.  Diet Pepsi is not an acceptable substitute (gag).  I've recently switched to flavored sparkling water.  It's got the fizz without the sweeteners or sodium (but also without the caffeine).