Labadee?

Reijo

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wish they would improve the food options to be similar to Coco Cay.

PDCC has been a huge financial success.  I have to believe they will invest into Labadee.

However remember all the vitriol and negativity about Perfect Day... until people actually went there themselves.    Stay tuned for the same when they start upgrading Labadee. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, twangster said:

PDCC has been a huge financial success.  I have to believe they will invest into Labadee.

However remember all the vitriol and negativity about Perfect Day... until people actually went there themselves.    Stay tuned for the same when they start upgrading Labadee. 

Vitriol and negativity....on cruise critic????  Surely not!!  You must be kidding!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Vitriol and negativity....on cruise critic????  Surely not!!  You must be kidding!!

I just received an RC email today extolling all the wonderful things to do in Labadee and couldn't believe it.  I thought for sure it was closed for good. It was never that great a stop in that past. Can't imagine what it's like now after a hurricane, a presidential execution, kidnapping of foreign nationals and Covid.  This would be the last place I would want to spend a day at port.

How'd I do on that negativity thing?

• Haha 4

Just now, TheHawk1 said:

I just received an RC email today extolling all the wonderful things to do in Labadee and couldn't believe it.  I thought for sure it was closed for good. It was never that great a stop in that past. Can't imagine what it's like now after a hurricane, a presidential execution, kidnapping of foreign nationals and Covid.  This would be the last place I would want to spend a day at port.

I think you covered it really well.🙂

• Haha 3

From what I recall when we were on suite beach on 2/7 they were serving hot dogs, hamburgers, seafood skewers, beef ribs, various salads (really liked the multi bean one), a cake, various cookies, fruit skewers, corn on the cob and other things I didn't partake it and can't remember.  

The day on the suite beach was wonderful, we got there early and got a front row chairs with an umbrella.  Service was excellant.

15 hours ago, jamon said:

Is the pinnacle and suite class beach open???? What were they serving........

The last picture is from lunch on the Suite beach. They had a nice variety of food, from skewers of fish, shrimp and one piece of lobster, to hot dogs and hamburgers, steak and ribs,  various salads, corn on the cob and mac’n’cheese.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Well done!!!  And a pretty factual portrayal too!!

22 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Though in last 30yrs minus Covid rest of your list is nothing new including previous shutdowns. First time there was 34+ yrs ago, actually nice stop then. Very Few Passengers, no Amusement Park Rides or Locals selling their wares...

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though in last 30yrs minus Covid rest of your list is nothing new including previous shutdowns. First time there was 34+ yrs ago, actually nice stop then. Very Few Passengers, no Amusement Park Rides or Locals selling their wares...

Yea I think our first time was around 1993 and what you say is true back then, I think we might have been tendered in back then.

7 hours ago, loman said:

Have the flies returned ? Im sure they miss all the food to land on .

We were there earlier in the week and didn’t notice any flies. Then again, we grabbed our food and sat down quickly…perhaps that’s during another time of year?!?

21 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I've only been there 3 times in the last ten years, so can't say what it used to be like.  But I never found the actual beach to be that great and hard to enjoy your day when you know there's only a barbed wire fence between you and a country in crisis.  I don't understand why RC continues to flog this location,  other than the investment they have there.  There are many other places they could set up shop for a better experience.  

1 hour ago, jsf said:

Yea I think our first time was around 1993 and what you say is true back then, I think we might have been tendered in back then.

Our first time there was 2003 and we tendered. I don't remember the year that the pier opened.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, sandebeach said:

The last picture is from lunch on the Suite beach. They had a nice variety of food, from skewers of fish, shrimp and one piece of lobster, to hot dogs and hamburgers, steak and ribs,  various salads, corn on the cob and mac’n’cheese.  

No lamb chops🤔

6 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I've only been there 3 times in the last ten years, so can't say what it used to be like.  But I never found the actual beach to be that great and hard to enjoy your day when you know there's only a barbed wire fence between you and a country in crisis.  I don't understand why RC continues to flog this location,  other than the investment they have there.  There are many other places they could set up shop for a better experience.  

I think it just works for them geographically. It can be a stop on Eastern and Western routes. And who knows what sort of financial deal they have with Haiti.