D+ Amenities

imola

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Welcome-Drink-Bonus-Gift-1.pdf

You will need to call C&A to make any requests or changes. 1-800-526-9723

Thanks for posting this.  I used to have a copy but lost it.  I googled and searched the RCI website yesterday and could not find it and I'm very good at finding stuff on the web.  

• Thanks 1

Clarification:  On my last cruise 3 cruises I was below the 340 mark and got bottles 4 of water and a bottle of wine.  Based on the chart at this point level I should only get 1 gift.  Does the water not count towards the number of gifts.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, the water is a wild card, you can get various amounts. 

Yes, one time I got 8 bottles of Evian. 

If I don't make any add'l selection, do they automatically add a gift of their choice since I recently reached the 340 mark.

As D+ we've always received 6 bottles of water.  And, we get our two gifts since we're at 399, but fyi, those are per cabin, not per person.  Apparently, we'll be getting cans of water now so we're bringing a water bottle with a lid we can pour the can into and store in the fridge.  I hate canned water.  We were given bottles in Nov/Dec on HOTS, but people have been reporting changes.

Edited by BND

Just now, Biker19 said:

The default might be nothing- I would call. 

Thanks.  Many times, I have to ask the cabin steward for missing items.  The last time on Allure the C&A kept telling him that the wine was in the fridge.  It took 3 days for the wine to show up in the fridge.  They must have been stomping those grapes.🤪

3 minutes ago, BND said:

As D+ we've always received 6 bottles of water.  And, we get our two gifts since we're at 399, but fyi, those are per cabin, not per person.  Apparently, we'll be getting cans of water now so we're bringing a water bottle with a lid we can pour the can into and store in the fridge.  I hate canned water.  We were given bottles in Nov/Dec on HOTS, but people have been reporting changes.

Yes, on Allure January 22 sail I (solo) got 4 bottles of aluminum cans of water.  The water did not taste any different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BND said:

I got off last sunday and got bottles not cans of water. I gave away my 4 bottles once I asked if they were for me... I sure didnt ask for them.

Gave them away at dinner... but they were small bottles as of last week on liberty.  Never saw cans.

Well I'm going to call about getting the towels .. hopefully better luck than the crystal blocks they said are in miami. She will keep trying to get me a couple.

2 hours ago, royalcruz said:

I was told last week by the C&A phone desk: "Whatever you choose remains on your Crown and Anchor profile as your preference unless you change it." 

Yes, that's true.  OP made it sound like once you selected it was forever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I got off last sunday and got bottles not cans of water. I gave away my 4 bottles once I asked if they were for me... I sure didnt ask for them.

Gave them away at dinner... but they were small bottles as of last week on liberty.  Never saw cans.

Well I'm going to call about getting the towels .. hopefully better luck than the crystal blocks they said are in miami. She will keep trying to get me a couple.

We like getting the bottles and we drink it.  You don't ask for it.  It's an amenity for your C&A level.

Several people have reported cans on some sailings and have been told Royal is going to cans.  We much prefer bottles and always drink ours.

21 hours ago, imola said:

Quick question....I hope.  We have 4 cruises coming up one in April and  three in May.  Today I spoke with a very nice young man at RC about the amenities available  as we have finally reached D+. I was thinking wine on the April cruise and the slippers on the early one in May just for something different, then wine for the next two.  He was working with the C&A desk to set everything up but was told passengers cannot change their amenity from cruise to cruise.  Pick one and live with it.  🙄 Just wondering if that is what others have experienced?  No big deal really just wondering so be kind.  🤔

Not true, you can change them any time you want.  Have done it many times. I always take champagne on short cruises, but on longer cruises, since we get 3 gifts, I get 2 bottles of champagne and the switch the 3 gift depending on what I want.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gbcruise said:

If anyone has pics of the towel and the bag and can post I sure would appreciate. Are these items of decent quality?

Tote and towel pics.  Note: one tote is folded flat while the other is shown upright (towel inside).

Received 12/2021AC59C22F-373B-472E-865B-18E21D1790AA.thumb.jpeg.77b9fe41efa20c9b09350e1adf4dbb9a.jpegCB835DE0-258E-4BD4-B62F-DA5BB3ECE8F6.thumb.jpeg.5bcc467d2d978bc08cac8cedb269a601.jpeg

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, gbcruise said:

If anyone has pics of the towel and the bag and can post I sure would appreciate. Are these items of decent quality?

I like the towels....they're thin, so dry quickly, which we like for certain uses.  We have 6 that we use for the hot tub.  They hold up well.

x.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Tote and towel pics.  Note: one tote is folded flat while the other is shown upright (towel inside).

Received 12/2021AC59C22F-373B-472E-865B-18E21D1790AA.thumb.jpeg.77b9fe41efa20c9b09350e1adf4dbb9a.jpegCB835DE0-258E-4BD4-B62F-DA5BB3ECE8F6.thumb.jpeg.5bcc467d2d978bc08cac8cedb269a601.jpeg

Thanks....Hmmm....maybe I'll try the tote bag. The towels seemed very thin after I washed/dried them...I thought they used to be a nicer thicker towel? They probably were many years ago when I started requesting them...oh well.

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks....Hmmm....maybe I'll try the tote bag. The towels seemed very thin after I washed/dried them...I thought they used to be a nicer thicker towel? They probably were many years ago when I started requesting them...oh well.

I have only carried a tote bag once so far.  It zipped well and seems reasonable quality, though obviously I can’t predict it’s longevity yet. The towel is much lighter weight than any other beach towel in our home.  Unless you happen to like a lightweight beach towel, I’d say you are making a good choice taking the tote over the towel.

• Thanks 1