Wearing mask is optional After 2/25/2022 for sailings from US and Puerto Rico

• StrikeEagle changed the title to Wearing mask is optional After 2/25/2022 for sailings from US and Puerto Rico
2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Good question.  

I bet they will still be wearing them to avoid when they have their weekly checks not coming up with a bunch of them being positive should an outbreak take place.

All they need is a high percentage of them turning up positive and have to turn around the ship and head back to either one of those sick bay ships or back to port and end the cruise.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

I just received this email from Royal Caribbean International.   Seems like wearing mask is optional for vaccinated guests sailings from US and Puerto Rico after 2/25/2022

2022-02-19_8-07-50.jpg

Welcome to the party....

• Thanks 1

I orginally post this thread to seek comments to make sure I'm reading it right about the masks policy email just received early this morning before having coffee.  I just saw another post about the same topic at the same time I posted.  🙂

Edited by StrikeEagle

4 minutes ago, keacat said:

So can I assume that if I am on a cruise that leaves the 24th I will still be required to wear a mask the entire cruise?

Like Biker said could go either way  I was on the Mariner when the policy got stricter and we had to adhere to the new rules mid cruise

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

I orginally post this thread to seek comments to make sure I'm reading it right about the masks policy email just received early this morning before having coffee.  I just saw another post about the same topic at the same time I posted.  🙂

I posted this last night on the opt in thread as Michael Bayley posted it yesterday evening.   So, there was an existing thread last night.

25 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

No problem was just pointing it out and even when use Search options on here not that efficient 

48 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Will everyone forget that you may need a mask in places other than the ship (like the terminal to check in) and not bring one?

Which terminals are you referring to?    Pretty sure Royal's past mask mandate extended to the terminals so now the lack of mandate should too.

We're doing a b2b on EN in April and will pack a few, just in case, which I think most people will also.  No plan to use them, but if we're in a port that requires them, we will.   I'm sure Royal also has a huge surplus of the masks they had made that they can give out if necessary.

Edited by BND

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Pretty sure Royal's past mask mandate extended to the terminals so now the lack of mandate should too.

Royal may not control what happens in the terminal in all locations (quite a few are shared with other lines, not RCI only terminals) - those are controlled by the port and as an extension of the transportation system, they may not lift it until the transportation mask mandate is lifted.

Edited by Biker19

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Royal may not control what happens in the terminal in all locations - those are controlled by the port and as an extension of the transportation system, they may not lift it until the transportation mask mandate is lifted.

Texas recently filed a lawsuit to end the federal mask mandate. We'll see if that has any impact on the current expiration date of March 18.

• Like 3