Permission form to travel with Grandson?

NoName

A few years ago we needed that also and it was difficult to find....hopefully you can call RCI and request it. For us some very nice poster posted it and I printed it out. Best of luck !!!

Why can't things be made easier !!!!

2 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Do I need a form for traveling with our Grandson if his parents are traveling with us. He is in my cabin, but our cabins are linked.

No, he will be under his parents supervision regardless of which cabin he sleeps in.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes, they are, and if the child has a passport, bring that as well.

If you have a passport, why is the BC needed?

As far as the letter, there's probably a bunch of templates online.  I would not use one specific for the cruise, but one that will suffice during the entire trip (flights to/from).  You can probably go to a local library to get it notarized. 

And from what I've read online (so you know it MUST be true), a medical team won't accept a letter as proof of "authorization to treat".  They'll still try to make contact with parents.  Maybe some of the doctors/nurses on here can confirm or deny. 

12 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If you have a passport, why is the BC needed?

I didn’t say it was needed, just if you have it, bring it. Sometimes the BC you have may not be as official as you think. “Happy Feet” birth records are not accepted, but they are often all that the parents have.

Edited by orville99

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I didn’t say it was needed, just if you have it, bring it. Sometimes the BC you have may not be as official as you think. “Happy Feet” birth records are not accepted, but they are often all that the parents have.

You didn't answer my question.  You replied to a post asking if a BC w/raised seal was required with "yes and bring a passport if you have one."  My question is IF you bring a passport, why do you need the BC?

You said BCs are required.  I don't think they are IF you bring a (valid) passport. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

You didn't answer my question.  You replied to a post asking if a BC w/raised seal was required with "yes and bring a passport if you have one."  My question is IF you bring a passport, why do you need the BC?

You said BCs are required.  I don't think they are IF you bring a (valid) passport. 

You're correct, a birth certificate is not required if you bring a valid passport.

26 minutes ago, crazyank said:

You're correct, a birth certificate is not required if you bring a valid passport.

what is the harm in bringing it though?  It won't take up very much space and I believe better to be safe than sorry, to much info is better than not enough.

4 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Do I need a form for traveling with our Grandson if his parents are traveling with us. He is in my cabin, but our cabins are linked.

We had no trouble taking our grandson off the ship with us to walk into port while the parents were off on an early excursion...Just an FYI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LGW59 said:

what is the harm in bringing it though?  It won't take up very much space and I believe better to be safe than sorry, to much info is better than not enough.

The point is, you DO NOT NEED the BC if you have a passport for the person.