Pre-board testing

abby1257

Ok, did I understand this correct....I am flying to Florida on Thur..March 24...Cruise is March 26....Can I go to Shoppers on Wed...23rd and get my test done? 3 days prior to cruising...  I am fully vaxed with booster...

Edited by abby1257

10 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

Ok, did I understand this correct....I am flying to Florida on Thur..March 24...Cruise is March 26....Can I go to Shoppers on Wed...23rd and get my test done? 3 days prior to cruising...  I am fully vaxed with booster...

Celebrity is 2 days ahead not 3. I don’t know about the others.

OP, I believe that you are sailing with Carnival, in which case you are perfectly correct. From the Carnival website:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their test within three days prior to sailing.

The hitch is that the cruise requirements are different than the entry to the US requirements. As far as I know, the requirement for testing within 1 calendar day of your flight is still required to enter the USA. 

https://ca.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-canada-3/

The travel plans quoted should work, but its tight!

Edited by dawnvip

18 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

The hitch is that the cruise requirements are different than the entry to the US requirements. As far as I know, the requirement for testing within 1 calendar day of your flight is still required to enter the USA. 

I wrestled with the coordination of this yesterday.  Our flight leaves Toronto on the 10th and we board the ship on the 12th.  AC kept moving our flight up to the point where Costco, Walmart, and SDM were now out of the question.  That left Switch at Pearson.  And that meant we could no longer use a car service because we’d need to take the train back to the terminal following clinic testing (time and mobility), or we’d need to pay extra to sit for who-knows-who-long in the drive-thru testing.  So now I have the earliest drive-thru testing I could get and have booked valet Park ‘n Fly when finished because the timelines are so tight.  If AC moves our flight up again I will lose my mind.

The OP should be okay, though.  🙃

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

I'm not sure where your concern lies. If OP is tested at any time on the 23rd and flies at any time on the 24th, she meets the US requirement. Nothing tight.

2 hours ago, dawnvip said:

Well if I am flying to Florida on March 24....than one day before is the 23?  How else can I do it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, abby1257 said:

You're in Canada so you need your antigen test into the US to be within 24 hours of the departure of the flight that lands in the US. You will also need to test before cruise departure. That’s due to the cruise industry as a whole is expanding capacity with conditions, that still means having a negative test before boarding. 

20 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

You're in Canada so you need your antigen test into the US to be within 24 hours of the departure of the flight that lands in the US. You will also need to test before cruise departure. That’s due to the cruise industry as a whole is expanding capacity with conditions, that still means having a negative test before boarding. 

I understand....if I have the test on Wed and Cruise is on Saturday, I should be ok?  I am flying into Florida on Thur

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I'm not sure where your concern lies. If OP is tested at any time on the 23rd and flies at any time on the 24th, she meets the US requirement. Nothing tight.

and will still be ok for boarding on Saturday....correct?

5 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I wrestled with the coordination of this yesterday.  Our flight leaves Toronto on the 10th and we board the ship on the 12th.  AC kept moving our flight up to the point where Costco, Walmart, and SDM were now out of the question.  That left Switch at Pearson.  And that meant we could no longer use a car service because we’d need to take the train back to the terminal following clinic testing (time and mobility), or we’d need to pay extra to sit for who-knows-who-long in the drive-thru testing.  So now I have the earliest drive-thru testing I could get and have booked valet Park ‘n Fly when finished because the timelines are so tight.  If AC moves our flight up again I will lose my mind.

The OP should be okay, though.  🙃

I'm confused...why don't you have a test on the 9th...

17 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Asked

17 hours ago, Fouremco said:

OP, I believe that you are sailing with Carnival, in which case you are perfectly correct. From the Carnival website:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their test within three days prior to sailing.

Answered.

So how about those Blue Jays? Do you think they have a chance to win it all this year? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tango99 said:

You're in Canada so you need your antigen test into the US to be within 24 hours of the departure of the flight that lands in the US.

The test must be within one day; not 24 hours.  It’s an important distinction.

13 hours ago, abby1257 said:

I'm confused...why don't you have a test on the 9th...

Because Princess requires the test to be within two days.  The 9th would take it outside that restriction.

Edited by *Miss G*

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Asked

Answered.

So how about those Blue Jays? Do you think they have a chance to win it all this year? 

Toronto is going for the trifecta, with the Maple Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays each winning their respective championship! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Toronto is going for the trifecta, with the Maple Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays each winning their respective championship! :classic_smile:

🎶 ... to dream the impossible dream ... 🎶 🙂  

Go Raptors! 

Let go Blue Jays!

Umm ...  go Leafs go? Is there any point? (As a child I watch the last Stanley Cup game that the Leafs won. Sadly I was a Canadiens fan at the time.)

• Haha 1

Has anyone tried using your own antigen tests (the free ones from the schools) and used an online lab to "proctor" or "supervise/validate" your test?  

I found a company that will do this for $20 per person.  

This seems like our easiest and cheapest option but I'd like to hear if others have done this.

For clarity, driving to Buffalo (so no test required), flying BUF-LAX, then getting on Carnival.  Test needed within 3 days of Carnival boarding. 

34 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

Has anyone tried using your own antigen tests (the free ones from the schools) and used an online lab to "proctor" or "supervise/validate" your test?  

I found a company that will do this for $20 per person.  

This seems like our easiest and cheapest option but I'd like to hear if others have done this.

For clarity, driving to Buffalo (so no test required), flying BUF-LAX, then getting on Carnival.  Test needed within 3 days of Carnival boarding. 

What's the name of the company?

Just now, DHP1 said:

"You must take two tests over 2 (or 3) days with at least 24 hours (and no more than 36 hours) between tests".

Each test cost $20 per person.

yes I read that.  The first one each is unsupervised.  The 2nd one they supervise and it's $20 pp.  Good option I think but I'd love to know if someone has tried it.