Classic Beverage to Premium

Margaretealexander

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes you can wait until you board and then the bartender who sells you the upgrade will get some of the credit for doing so.

And he/she will be very happy!  CTBob

Edited by CTBob

1 minute ago, Margaretealexander said:

Anybody know the cost for the upgrade?

$10.00/day + 20% gratuity = $12.00/day

If you are a Captain’s Club Member, you can get a discount (% based on tier).  This has to be done pre-crusie by calling Celebrity no later than 4 days prior to sailing.   

You can upgrade online through your Celebrity Cruise Planner (not the app) but the discount can't be applied online. 

You can choose to use OBC if you wish/have any or pay by credit card.

🍹

21 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

If you are a Captain’s Club Member, you can get a discount (% based on tier).  This has to be done pre-crusie by calling Celebrity no later than 4 days prior to sailing.   

You can upgrade online through your Celebrity Cruise Planner (not the app) but the discount can't be applied online. 

🍹

I upgrade with my ten percent Elite discount don't do it onboard as I frequent various bars with different bartenders. 

44 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

If you are a Captain’s Club Member, you can get a discount (% based on tier).  This has to be done pre-cruise by calling Celebrity no later than 4 days prior to sailing.   

🍹

Spelling correction:

* Pre-cruise

Debating this our self.  We mostly drink cocktails, and I suspect most are probably over $9 each.  I don't have a good sense of how much more than $9 they are to know if the upgrade makes sense.  Also, it looks like our son has the classic non-alcoholic package included, since he is only 10.  Not sure what that includes for him.  The kid's package seems to be the same price and mentions smoothies, but the CNA doesn't mention smoothies.

42 minutes ago, M8lyx said:

Does both parties in the same room have to upgrade or can just one of you do it. I don't drink but my OH does? 

Each can choose their own program. I upgraded (just short of $9 a day with Captain. Club discount), my friend got the upgraded non-alcohol package free. Both of us booked with the All inclusive rate. 

26 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Debating this our self.  We mostly drink cocktails, and I suspect most are probably over $9 each.  I don't have a good sense of how much more than $9 they are to know if the upgrade makes sense.  Also, it looks like our son has the classic non-alcoholic package included, since he is only 10.  Not sure what that includes for him.  The kid's package seems to be the same price and mentions smoothies, but the CNA doesn't mention smoothies.

In the snip below from the Celebrity FAQs, the first column is the classic non-alcoholic package, and the second column is the premium.

Our 17 yo son doesn't drink soda at all, usually only water, milk, and protein shakes.  But on cruises, he drinks smoothies and mocktails.  For $33.60 total ($4/day plus $5.60 gratuities) we upgraded him to the premium non-alcoholic, so the mocktails and smoothies are covered for him.  He will probably cover the upgrade cost on the first day!  🙂 1476868339_nonalcoholicpackages.JPG.ddde780ffd783ee059436321bdbd3518.JPG

47 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Do you have preferences regarding your choice of liquor? If so, the premium is the way to go..classic package is almost always well liquor. 

12 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Each can choose their own program. I upgraded (just short of $9 a day with Captain. Club discount), my friend got the upgraded non-alcohol package free. Both of us booked with the All inclusive rate. 

As my husband does not drink alcohol, he would prefer to change inklusive classic package to premium non alcohol as well.  Did your friend do this before or onboard ? 

59 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Debating this our self.  We mostly drink cocktails, and I suspect most are probably over $9 each.  I don't have a good sense of how much more than $9 they are to know if the upgrade makes sense.  

Is it still $9.00 ?

19 minutes ago, odysee said:

As my husband does not drink alcohol, he would prefer to change inklusive classic package to premium non alcohol as well.  Did your friend do this before or onboard ? 

14 minutes ago, mafig said:

Is it still $9.00 ?

We did this by phone about a week ago. And yes- it was just short of $9 a day with the discount- $66.50 for the week. 

Edited by 5waldos

I am going with the "do it once you're on board" mantra and giving up my 5% CC discount as that seems to be the prevailing advice. I usually have my favorite bar or bartender but I am not so sure I will have it figured out on day one. 

1 hour ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

In the snip below from the Celebrity FAQs, the first column is the classic non-alcoholic package, and the second column is the premium.

Our 17 yo son doesn't drink soda at all, usually only water, milk, and protein shakes.  But on cruises, he drinks smoothies and mocktails.  For $33.60 total ($4/day plus $5.60 gratuities) we upgraded him to the premium non-alcoholic, so the mocktails and smoothies are covered for him.  He will probably cover the upgrade cost on the first day!  🙂 1476868339_nonalcoholicpackages.JPG.ddde780ffd783ee059436321bdbd3518.JPG

Where do you get smoothies on board?  My son is only 10, so he doesn't wander the ship on his own.  He prefers to spend most of his time in Camp at Sea.

Just now, schittenden said:

They charged you $9 per day to go from the classic package to the premium non-alcoholic?

No. It was free to go from the classic alcohol package to the premium non-alcohol package. It was not quite $9 a day to upgrade from the classic to the premium alcohol package. 

12 hours ago, Margaretealexander said:

My travel agent says I can upgrade my drink package via the Celebrity App. I don’t see  that anywhere. Can I just wait til I board? Should I call celebrity directly?

I am booked on Equinox in May.  There is a 10% discount if you book prior to boarding.  Our cruise is 9 nights and the upgrade was $81.00 pp.  Now that was great.  Your TA can book it or if you are a CC member call them.  Used to be $11.80 per day.

4 hours ago, PatC said:

I am booked on Equinox in May.  There is a 10% discount if you book prior to boarding.  Our cruise is 9 nights and the upgrade was $81.00 pp.  Now that was great.  Your TA can book it or if you are a CC member call them.  Used to be $11.80 per day.

$81 pp is a great deal. How did you get that price? We are on a 9 night as well in May and with our 10% discount it comes out to $97.20 pp. if my math is correct which is always iffy 🤣