"Live" from Allure of the Seas: Feb 27th - March 5th

binro01

3 minutes ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Again, conceptually yes. As queer nonbinary femme and disabled person who has had people follow me to my car to scream at me more than once (not about masking, about using my disability placard as a young person) and threaten to kill me and my partner (for existing/holding hands), I tend to freeze in those situations. 

As long as we won’t be the only ones, I think it is *less* likely to happen, and I will practice some snappy retorts in case it does  😂

I believe most people on the cruise are less likely to be confrontational. Everyone is still vaccinated (12+). So the die hards are still not on the ships yet. Once vaccination requirements go away, there might be more issues. But as of now everyone is happy. No one being silly about the masking of some people.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, renza said:

Oh forgot to ask. Is Johnny rockets open for breakfast?  Was not on symphony 2 weeks ago. 

yes. Just got off after 4 weeks onboard, and ate there everyday, except for turnaround day, when it was closed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Oh! Another question (sorry! You’re just the most responsive poster so far, and this is my first cruise since Feb 2020); you seem to be on our same 6 night interinary: which night(s?) is formal night? Thank you!

Sea day on day 2, and day 5. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, renza said:

Awesome. Solarium bistro for breakfast too?  Thank you

Solarium Bistro was open for breakfast today. Only reason I know was because I was relaxing there this morning and I saw people eating. 

• Like 1

Sea day lunch at Giovanni’s. I busted my egg and mixed it in before I took a picture. It looked so good. Sorry. Lol

My wife had the pasta of the day. Which was an Alfredo mushroom cream linguini. 

Apps were just ok. Nothing special. Meat and cheese plate for me, just ok calamari for the wife. 

Pastas were cooked perfectly and very fresh. Carbonara was good. (I make better, but I’m 100% Italian and was taught by some of the best cooks to walk this earth. My grandparents) the Alfredo mushroom cream sauce was good too. If they used a little better cheese I think the sauces would have been on spot. But I’m a cheese snob. 

Dessert was great. Cannoli for me, tiramisu for my wife. 

Our server was incredible!

0CE38F1A-5A85-4E9B-93A6-2702977B80C8.jpeg

383085AB-3C34-456A-87DF-E4123CC9FFC6.jpeg

AEE2FC5A-11B4-4E73-9406-43BBBBE2962C.jpeg

A6397BF8-63DC-445C-BB9B-C0056909A280.jpeg

33FFC0DF-2E2A-4AAF-B623-3C0214F01FB6.jpeg

B340E69D-19EE-4413-90B8-44EBE274B8FD.jpeg

4A1B969A-D06D-4EBD-8654-3680D8B0912A.jpeg

27459C0F-60B9-4D22-A113-E9D1A030BEC7.jpeg

294BBED4-C820-4755-8D05-085F3B1DDF76.jpeg

296EDF28-EDBB-47C9-901A-FFEB99902613.jpeg

• Like 9

Also on Allure 😀 Great trip so far, but one small disappointment at Vintages. Previously on other ships (Harmony 3 months ago) one of the benefits of paying for a wine tasting was that they would sell you bottles of the wine you had just tasted at a 20% discount. This is no longer the case, at least on Allure. The wine steward informed me this has been discontinued. 😕

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

If you could would love to see the cruise compasses...thanks!

I'm on board, and I would too, paper copies discontinued. Went to guest services, had to request stateroom delivery. Was told everyone uses the app, saving paper, no longer automatically distributing to staterooms. 

Will see if we get paper ones now after we requested.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Well that's never going to happen. Be prepared to say No Thank You.

5 hours ago, binro01 said:

Usually a simple thank you but I’m ok with just the massage works. I have only had one person continuously pressure after that. 

I learned my lesson the hard way. I then started doing what someone on CC suggested and does is putting in big letters on the top of the pre spa evaluation “No Sales Pitches.” It has worked every time since then.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

I'm on board, and I would too, paper copies discontinued. Went to guest services, had to request stateroom delivery. Was told everyone uses the app, saving paper, no longer automatically distributing to staterooms. 

I like the paper copies. I make notes for future reference. Who was that crappy piano player in the bar. What was that comedian we really liked? Etc.

And no, not EVERYONE uses the app. (If everyone jumped off a bridge...)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I like the paper copies. I make notes for future reference. Who was that crappy piano player in the bar. What was that comedian we really liked? Etc.

And no, not EVERYONE uses the app. (If everyone jumped off a bridge...)

On a cruise I like to have my phone put away as much as possible, not the opposite just to see what is going on that day or night.  

• Like 1