Update on vaccine policies.

PEMCO007

Received an email about this today for our forthcoming cruise in April. Fortunately my daughter is fully vaccinated so we can still go 👏👏.Pretty disappointing though for those that can’t be or aren’t vaccinated. I do worry about our summer cruise though, daughter will be fine but me and hubby will be outside of the 270 day rule on the last dose 😬😬, fingers crossed for a policy change before the summer 🤞🤞

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shark3y said:

👏👏me and hubby will be outside of the 270 day rule on the last dose 😬😬, fingers crossed for a policy change before the summer 🤞🤞

The 270 day only applies if you have not had a booster jab, as I understand it.  Are you saying you do not intend to have a booster?

Admittedly the criteria can change before the summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tring said:

The 270 day only applies if you have not had a booster jab, as I understand it.  Are you saying you do not intend to have a booster?

Admittedly the criteria can change before the summer.

That's my understanding.  If you have the booster, the 270 day limit is irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That's my understanding.  If you have the booster, the 270 day limit is irrelevant. 

Oh, I do hope I’ve misunderstood it! I thought it meant we can only sail if we are within 270 days of our last dose including the booster. We are both boosted so hopefully I’m worrying over nothing! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PEMCO007 said:

Looks like P&O have revised their policies for 12-17  year olds.  Now all passengers aged 12-17 must be fully vaccinated up to 30 April 2022.  No doubt this will affect a few families travelling over Easter.

This rule only applies in the EU. They have no jurisdiction anywhere outside the EU. If you're travelling transatlantic you can totally ignore EU regulations. They are irrelevant.  

14 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

This rule only applies in the EU. They have no jurisdiction anywhere outside the EU. If you're travelling transatlantic you can totally ignore EU regulations. They are irrelevant.  

The website says all destinations now for over 12 year olds. P&O set their own regulations, so it's up to them. They've been stricter for the Caribbean for quite some time.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

It's what P&O decide that is important.  If P&O say children have to be vaccinated,  it makes no difference what the EU say.  Their ships, their rules! 

• Like 2

I've done dummy bookings for Iona going to the Fjords for May 2022 (we are going with extended family with 3 children in August) When you book with children it is not coming up with the section under important information re your holiday about vaccines.

It is however coming up with that section about vaccines, which you have to tick, for bookings in April.

I'm assuming that its just for cruises up until the end of April 2022 that's being affected.  I'm hoping so as the cruise in August is a re-booked cruise from 2020.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:30 PM, thornegirl said:

I've done dummy bookings for Iona going to the Fjords for May 2022 (we are going with extended family with 3 children in August) When you book with children it is not coming up with the section under important information re your holiday about vaccines.

It is however coming up with that section about vaccines, which you have to tick, for bookings in April.

I'm assuming that its just for cruises up until the end of April 2022 that's being affected.  I'm hoping so as the cruise in August is a re-booked cruise from 2020.

I think it is probably that P&O have only set their requirements up to April at present.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:55 PM, PEMCO007 said:

Looks like P&O have revised their policies for 12-17  year olds.  Now all passengers aged 12-17 must be fully vaccinated up to 30 April 2022.  No doubt this will affect a few families travelling over Easter.

It shouldn't do as the official vaccine rollout for 12-17 should mean that all individuals in this age group will have been able to have their second jab by mid-March, at least two weeks ahead of Easter.

Obviously, those who have been ill with Covid, or chose not to have the vaccine will be impacted, but the stats say that is a minority.

20 hours ago, molecrochip said:

It shouldn't do as the official vaccine rollout for 12-17 should mean that all individuals in this age group will have been able to have their second jab by mid-March, at least two weeks ahead of Easter.

Obviously, those who have been ill with Covid, or chose not to have the vaccine will be impacted, but the stats say that is a minority.

Not necessarily for example my Granddaughter will only be 12 the end of March, therefore she will not have had 2 doses by Easter. She will only have had one and she will be 12 so that is a bit of a conundrum 

17 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Not necessarily for example my Granddaughter will only be 12 the end of March, therefore she will not have had 2 doses by Easter. She will only have had one and she will be 12 so that is a bit of a conundrum 

OK, I appreciate that there will be a small number of people who move into the category P&O consider as mandatory for vaccination and won't yet have had their full set of jabs. By the end of April, 5 to 12s will have had their first jab and therefore over the next three months that cliff edge moves to 4 year olds turning 5.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

OK, I appreciate that there will be a small number of people who move into the category P&O consider as mandatory for vaccination and won't yet have had their full set of jabs. By the end of April, 5 to 12s will have had their first jab and therefore over the next three months that cliff edge moves to 4 year olds turning 5.

That in itself is a bit of a quandary because if she gets the 5 to 11 jab it is only a third of the does and then when she turns 12 it might not be counted as valid for a 12 year old. So the conclusion is I think best to wait for the 12 plus jab. Fortunately they aren’t cruising until the summer. 

I have been following this thread, are P&O now saying all 5 year olds and above must be vaccinated? I thought 5 - 12 year olds could have a negative PCR test result.

Edit, just found on the P&O website that a vaccine is required for 12 and over. It says under 12 years of a age are exempt from vaccination requirements. I should add this is for Mediterranean fly cruises up to April 30th.

Edited by MX-Drew

7 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I have been following this thread, are P&O now saying all 5 year olds and above must be vaccinated? I thought 5 - 12 year olds could have a negative PCR test result.

Edit, just found on the P&O website that a vaccine is required for 12 and over. It says under 12 years of a age are exempt from vaccination requirements. I should add this is for Mediterranean fly cruises up to April 30th.

5-11 year olds must take a PCR test which is paid for by P&O.

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

As as I read it, Mediterranean Cruises “Guests under 12 years of age are exempt from vaccination”

The section that states under 12 years old that require a PCR test is for non Caribbean or Mediterranean cruises and it does not say at the expense of P&O. It does say the pre cruse (LFT) is paid for by P&O.

14 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

As as I read it, Mediterranean Cruises “Guests under 12 years of age are exempt from vaccination”

The section that states under 12 years old that require a PCR test is for non Caribbean or Mediterranean cruises and it does not say at the expense of P&O. It does say the pre cruse (LFT) is paid for by P&O.

Thebigbean is leaving from Southampton   and if you read further down it is complimentary, you have to contact them. 

As mentioned above, if you’re travelling with children aged between five and 11 years old who aren’t vaccinated, they will need to take a PCR test within 120 hours prior to travelling to the terminal (again, this will be complimentary). Please register with our service provider, Prenetics, and order a PCR pre-cruise testing kit for every unvaccinated guest aged between five and 17 years on your booking. Registration opens five weeks before sailing and closes six days before your embarkation date.

Edited by Gettingwarmer

8 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Thebigbean is leaving from Southampton   and if you read further down it is complimentary, you have to contact them. 

As mentioned above, if you’re travelling with children aged between five and 11 years old who aren’t vaccinated, they will need to take a PCR test within 120 hours prior to travelling to the terminal (again, this will be complimentary). Please register with our service provider, Prenetics, and order a PCR pre-cruise testing kit for every unvaccinated guest aged between five and 17 years on your booking. Registration opens five weeks before sailing and closes six days before your embarkation date.

I did say that I was referring to a Mediterranean Cruise. In this case under 12s don’t need testing.

I admit I missed the bit further down but I think you will find you still have to pay for that although I’m unsure.

From my previous post

For Cruises leaving from Southampton. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

11 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

From my previous post

For Cruises leaving from Southampton. 

Fair enough but still doesn’t alter my point that for Mediterranean (fly) cruises it is not needed.