Enchanted last minute cruise in a far aft cabin on Emerald deck questions

compozer

I have always stayed away from an aft cabins on the Emerald deck because of the noise from the Vista lounge below.    I really need a cruise and the only cruise that works into our schedule  is in a couple weeks on the Enchanted.   Several cabins I would have liked sold out before my TA could book them.    We normally do wake views but noting is left.  All that are left are the far back minis on the Emerald deck.   Just wondering if the noise late at night will drive us nuts 

The bigger issue is the smoking right outside those back doors on the promenade deck.  I am allergic to smoke and am afraid I might not be able to use our balcony.     

Is Princess  still allowing people to come out and smoke in that area?

Thanks so much for any help with this.

I'd give up the mini, and move to a balcony because of the problems you seem to have with the location. Surely there are more balconies to choose from vs. the limited mini choices.

Just like in real estate, it's all about location, location, location.

The balconies are all booked.

I know all about location, location, location!!!   That is way we normally book aft suites.

you never commented on the issues I asked about.

I want to hear from people who have been on her and know about the smoking areas

I've stayed in the mini suites E730 & E731 many times on this class and for the most part, there is no noise from Club Fusion but could definitely smell the smoke from the promenade. 

That being said, I would book these cabins in a heartbeat though every time.

9 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I've stayed in the mini suites E730 & E731 many times on this class and for the most part, there is no noise from Club Fusion but could definitely smell the smoke from the promenade. 

That being said, I would book these cabins in a heartbeat though every time.

Thanks so much for your reply

1 hour ago, compozer said:

I think we will go with a mini suite midship.            Thanks for the replies

Good choice. 

If you're sensitive to the smell of smoke like I am you'll be glad you had moved.

• Like 1

I always try to book Emerald deck minis but only on starboard side. I never hear any noise from below except for one time.   I have also never smelled the smoke except for that same time. We were on the Ruby for a NY cruise. We were in the first mini on starboard as you get off the elevator.  People congregated on deck 7. They smoked and they drank and they made a lot of noise. I have never experienced that before or after. I do prefer being further aft. I find it quieter and no smoke. I have been in these minis on both the Royal and grand class ships. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

We were in the aft port corner suite (owner’s suite) on Enchanted in November. No issues with noise from Vista Lounge and no smoke issues.  I think smoking is on the starboard aft side of the ship.

Good to know.   Did you have any soot issues?   When the Royal first came out, we had a terrible issue with soot on our aft port suite balcony.   Could not use the balcony but hopefully there are no more issues.   I booked one for Alaska in June.     I just want to get back to cruising - have had way too many canceled and I probably could put up with just about anything to get back on a ship.

Thanks for posting

17 hours ago, compozer said:

Good to know.   Did you have any soot issues?   When the Royal first came out, we had a terrible issue with soot on our aft port suite balcony.   Could not use the balcony but hopefully there are no more issues.   I booked one for Alaska in June.     I just want to get back to cruising - have had way too many canceled and I probably could put up with just about anything to get back on a ship.

Thanks for posting

We were on Majestic in November in aft suite D727.   We had some soot, but steward was great about cleaning it up each morning.  He brought the lounger cushions each evening.  Even so, we would need to wipe off table top, chair arms and railing each day.  Still would not stop us from booking this location again.

• Like 1