Vancouver 2022 cruise ship schedule

Urban trekker

Well it certainly looks like cruising is returning to Canada's west coast this year - the Port of Vancouver has just released it draft cruise ship schedule for 2022. First ship arrives in almost two years is scheduled to arrive on April 7, 2022

Here is a link to the schedule:

https://www.portvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022-Cruise-Ship-Schedule-DRAFT-as-of-Feb-15-2022.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I am more concerned about Amtrak not allowing train reservations yet for our trip back to Portland after our 4/30 cruise LA to Vancouver 

We had considered the train so we were watching for updates but decided to drive to Vancouver instead. Amtrak is starting test runs between Seattle and Vancouver in anticipation of starting back up soon.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/amtrak-cascades-vancouver-seattle-restart-2022

16 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

We had considered the train so we were watching for updates but decided to drive to Vancouver instead. Amtrak is starting test runs between Seattle and Vancouver in anticipation of starting back up soon.

It is just that the train route is so beautiful and relaxing

On 2/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, Glaciers said:

"Soon" is vague. And if you call Amtrak, you won't get any answers. I'm hoping the train will be running by June when I want to go from Portland to Vancouver. Amtrak's FB page has had a few updates about test runs, but when posters ask "when?" The answer is "spring" or "late spring." Well, spring begins in three weeks and lasts until June, so that's a three-month window.

I realize it isn't solely up to Amtrak, but I there is no information about which of the train/bus schedules would become all train if/when approval comes. I would like to book SOMETHING, but I'm really  hoping to avoid the bus. 

Thanks for posting the schedule. I hope the draft becomes final--it shows QE as the only ship in port the day I board.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, Glaciers said:

We are driving to Vancouver from Anacortes in May. Do you plan to park right at the port or have you found any other options? I tried online booking at the port but it said it wasn't available to book online. I've emailed with no reply. Will give it a few more days and try calling. Preliminary searches haven't really returned any other options.

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

We’re parking at the airport in the Value Long Term lot. We’re on a 14 night round trip so will book for two weeks for about $170. We’ll take the train into town from the Templeton Station at the parking lot, unless we get lazy and take a cab.

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/parking-yvr

Thanks for that! Good deal for the 14 days, unfortunately doesn't seem worth the hassle for just 1 week. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for posting this- I have been needlessly worrying about my non-refundable tickets to Vancouver in July. One less thing to obsess over. Now I just have to figure out what the CoVid testing requirements will be. 

Hopefully by July all testing requirements will be gone. While it is a federal decision regarding testing in the ports - here in BC at the present time our daily numbers have dropped significantly over the past two weeks and we could see our remaining restrictions - vaccine passport and indoor masking are the main ones still in place - lifted in the next couple of weeks.

Dennis

9 hours ago, LEtue said:

Any updates to this draft copy?  I don't see the Serenade listed....

Nope - still the Feb 15 draft. Rather than wait for others to post, you can always go check it yourself - the webpage with the link to the schedule is here, the link itself is about halfway down named 'cruise schedule'.

If you hover over that link you can even see the name of the file so you don't even have to open it until you see the name has changed.

Edited by martincath

Good to see this.  I'm about to book my flights.  Sailing from Vancouver on a B2B on Zuiderdam on beginning 6/1.

Flying into Seattle; currently researching hotels.

Hoping to find an alternative to paying $79 ea way for HAL's shuttle service between Seattle & Vancouver.

I'll wait to start obsessing over testing requirements. 😄

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Hoping to find an alternative to paying $79 ea way for HAL's shuttle service between Seattle & Vancouver.

$79 each way Seattle - Vancouver, BC (3+ hours 150 miles) isn't outrageous.  Besides, I am guessing that it drops you off at the Vancouver cruise terminal.

There is always the commercial Quick Bus, but that would have stops along the way, and take longer.  Amtrak, but it still isn't running to Canada yet.

So unless Amtrak starts running again, I think the HAL Seattle - Vancouver, BC transfer is your best bet.

32 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

$79 each way Seattle - Vancouver, BC (3+ hours 150 miles) isn't outrageous.  Besides, I am guessing that it drops you off at the Vancouver cruise terminal.

There is always the commercial Quick Bus, but that would have stops along the way, and take longer.  Amtrak, but it still isn't running to Canada yet.

So unless Amtrak starts running again, I think the HAL Seattle - Vancouver, BC transfer is your best bet.

Amtrak is running bus service from Seattle until the trains run again. I love taking the train, but the departures (according to past schedules) leave Seattle early morning or so late that you get to Vancouver something like 11:00 PM. Of course, they could change the schedule when trains run again.