Itinerary change, but no change in port fees?

jetexpress

Sailing on Freedom 9/12/22.   Received an email last night advising we will now have a sea day instead of stopping at Freeport.  

The email advised that pre-paid excursions would be refunded, but no mention of an adjustment to the taxes/port fees.    Just called and was told port fees are the same, even with one less stop.  Does this seem right?

786E3F30-B024-4148-9CA8-97C1BC2817A0.jpeg

Edited by jetexpress
Added screenshot

2 minutes ago, jetexpress said:

Right, I had inquired if we would see OBC for the difference.

Do a mock booking for the same sailing now and see what the taxes are and you might get close. What matters is what the taxes are at the time of your sailing (could change between now and then) compared to what you already paid.

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Do a mock booking for the same sailing now and see what the taxes are and you might get close. What matters is what the taxes are at the time of your sailing (could change between now and then) compared to what you already paid.

I tried, but of course the reservation system still has the Freeport stop listed on the itinerary.   Guess I’ll have to give them a few days to get it updated.

The issue of port fees is a very complicated one. Port fees go up and down. From the time you booked, the port bees could’ve gone up or they could’ve gone down. If they go up, the cruise line does not come after you to pay the difference.

But what if you miss a port? Well, if the port fees in total have gone up for your cruise, you will see no refund for that missed port. If the total of the port fees for your cruise has gone down, you might see a refund for that missed port.

I say might, because it turns out that it depends in part on when you booked, and even what nationality you are.

So it is possible that one person on a cruise could get their port fees returned and the next person wouldn’t. It’s incredibly complicated

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jetexpress said:

I tried, but of course the reservation system still has the Freeport stop listed on the itinerary.   Guess I’ll have to give them a few days to get it updated.

Mine went down a lot for jan 30th and I got nothing back in obc. .. now that you mention it. Taxes and fees were originally paid for caymans and jamaica and they added a 2nd Mexico and belize and on the site they went down .. and I still got no obc onboard.

Maybe onboard you have to fuss or say something , but I got zippo. And for sure they went down significantly. My ta said only way is to cancel and rebook he could do the difference. ..its out of his hands. He only can give me price drops on the fare. I asked him too. Nadda  ..dont believe people saying you will get it once onboard.