The Daily for Saturday 02/26/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DB finally crawled up out of the abyss and noticed my text from yesterday.  Poor guy!  Anyway he said Jen has been doing occupational therapy and speech therapy and is totally exhausted.  She's also not been eating much.  Her low grade fever has come down a little bit.  Plus something strange to see - Jen's paralyzed right arm has been twitching and jerking a little bit (11.5 years after her accident).   I wonder what that's all about?  Anyway it was good to get a report on Jen and wanted to share with everyone.  🤕

Thank you for the update on Jen.  I'm sure she is exhausted.  That may be why she isn't eating much - she just doesn't have the energy it takes.  Let's hope it is a good omen for the paralyzed arm.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I got this in an email from HAL, I think we're going to go!  Anyone else in the Seattle area get it?  

I'm feeling lucky, maybe I'll win something. 😄

You’re Invited!

Don't miss out! Join us at The Alaska Cruise & Travel Show and discover the best ways to experience the Great Land with the cruise line that is the leader in Alaska cruises and cruisetours.

DATE & TIME: March 19, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Bell Harbor International Conference Center at Pier 66
ENTRY: FREE
ACTIVITIES: Pan for real gold, make s’mores, try axe-throwing and much more!

gold.jpg
smores.jpg
kayak.jpg

Register and attend for a chance to win one of five Alaska Cruise Vacations OR one of five $500 Holland America Line Gift Cards.

Yeah, they sent me one also.  Not going.  I try to stay out of King County unless there is something unavoidable that I must do there.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

We didn't in Bremerton.

We didn't get it in Silverdale either.  No bid deal.  I look at 7-day Alaska cruises as the best way for local people to try a cruise and see if they like it.  We have done a few and don't need any more unless they are a repositioning end of season cruise to Asia.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Yes, you are correct. Much like you, he is a Chief Warrant Officer. Top Sergeant is not normally referenced to in the Canadian Army, RSM's are considered as being the Senior Non-Commissioned Officer. 

Congratulations to you for attaining the status of Master Chief Petty Officer - it is something which most military people can never hope to achieve - nor have the ability to achieve!!

Thanks for the congratulations.  Incidentally, my avatar, which represents a helium atom, was my collar device when I was an electronics technician warrant officer.  Each warrant officer has a symbol which symbolizes their military specialty.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you!  The email had HAL's phone number too (I checked) so I didn't understand about auto club...

Around here, pre-Covid, Auto Club (AAA) used to have a big shin-dig to promote HAL Alaska cruises and cruise tours. They would give everyone a bag of swag (AAA stuff mostly) and do a slide show. They called it The Alaska Travel Show. You had to be a member, and sign up in advance. You got some OBC for attending.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Thanks for the congratulations.  Incidentally, my avatar, which represents a helium atom, was my collar device when I was an electronics technician warrant officer.  Each warrant officer has a symbol which symbolizes their military specialty.

Thanks for the interesting info. I would suspect that something similar may exist within the various Canadian Armed Services. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

We didn't get it in Silverdale either.  No bid deal.  I look at 7-day Alaska cruises as the best way for local people to try a cruise and see if they like it.  We have done a few and don't need any more unless they are a repositioning end of season cruise to Asia.

I would rather get one of the $500 HAL gift cards,  but I wouldn't turn down a *free* cruise even if it's only 7 days. 😉 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DB finally crawled up out of the abyss and noticed my text from yesterday.  Poor guy!  Anyway he said Jen has been doing occupational therapy and speech therapy and is totally exhausted.  She's also not been eating much.  Her low grade fever has come down a little bit.  Plus something strange to see - Jen's paralyzed right arm has been twitching and jerking a little bit (11.5 years after her accident).   I wonder what that's all about?  Anyway it was good to get a report on Jen and wanted to share with everyone.  🤕

Thank you Sandi for the update on Jen.

Prayers 🙏 for her recovery.

Graham

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1