Captain's Club Elite - what benefits for my guest?

go.without.you

No, she will not get Elite benefits, even if cruising in the same cabin.   When my sister and I shared a cabin, she was Elite; I was not.  She got benefits I couldn't get.  

Edited by quicklabs

5 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I thought at one time they did - has that changed or am I just mistaken?  If I am incorrect, thank you for correcting me - I don't want to provide misinformation.  

Things are changing like crazy!  I often find it  hard to keep up.  I cruised with my sister in Nov, 2019, so my information was current at that time.  I would be surprised if they gave more benefits since then.  

Pre-covid I was able to take my non-elite roomate to the wine tasting, coffee club morning hours, and the elite happy hour..

She was not eligible for the gelato or laundry or the "coupon" required amenities

Don't know the current situation but I'll be sailing Friday on the Equinox with the same person (who is still not elite)..  I'll see what I can find out.

• Like 1

That seems more as I remember it - limited (event related) benefits.  We had non CC member traveling companions in a different stateroom on one cruise with us a few years back and the Concierge allowed them to join us for the cocktail hour. I'm sure that was just a generous exception but I do recall others who were with a non CC companion in their stateroom who also attended that - and other - events  That was what I was basing my comments on.

8 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My understanding with Celebrity is that those booked with you in your stateroom will be eligible for the same benefits that your tier level will provide you.  Perhaps others will correct or confirm this.

None, as far as I know. But last time I traveled with someone who was not the same level was 2 years ago.

9 hours ago, Gaynors said:

Pre-covid I was able to take my non-elite roomate to the wine tasting, coffee club morning hours, and the elite happy hour..

She was not eligible for the gelato or laundry or the "coupon" required amenities

Don't know the current situation but I'll be sailing Friday on the Equinox with the same person (who is still not elite)..  I'll see what I can find out.

That's pretty much it in a nut shell.  No coupons loaded onto the seapass.  There is no longer an elite happy hour in the evening since it's 5-7pm free Elite drinks at most bars with a couple of exceptions.

When you board visit the CC host . They will issue a new card that says Elite. It becomes and admission card to events such as breakfast or the past happy hour, etc.  There are no benefits attached to the card so no discounts, laundry , wifi, etc.

Of course this is only if the cruiser is in your cabin. In the past non cabin friends have sometimes attended an event but gossip travels fast and it creates a situation where others complain and want the same. This had to stop as so many have non status friends in other cabins and it puts the host on the spot and is not fair.