Symphony Departure Time

We are sailing out of Miami on Symphony OTS in mid May, with day 2 coco cay, so would imagine we wouldn’t be rushed to be first ones out of port.

What time on this Western carrib route with day 2 coco cay does the ship leave Miami? We have the UDP and the selection for first nights dinner was early or late, and I don’t want to miss sail away as that’s one of our favorite times to be on deck.

We are used to normal 4:30-5 departures, but have seen YouTube videos that appeared like people ate dinner before a sun setting departure?

3 minutes ago, offtopic said:

We are sailing out of Miami on Symphony OTS in mid May, with day 2 coco cay, so would imagine we wouldn’t be rushed to be first ones out of port.

What time on this Western carrib route with day 2 coco cay does the ship leave Miami? We have the UDP and the selection for first nights dinner was early or late, and I don’t want to miss sail away as that’s one of our favorite times to be on deck.

We are used to normal 4:30-5 departures, but have seen YouTube videos that appeared like people ate dinner before a sun setting departure?

I am confused - Doesn’t your itinerary list a departure time?

Presumably you will head out to sea and circle?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, offtopic said:

That's likely due to an un-scheduled delay on departure. It also depends on the time of the year for that video.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am confused - Doesn’t your itinerary list a departure time?

Presumably you will head out to sea and circle?

The listed departure time is 4:30 pm but I thought that was just the default always listed. Please enlighten if not the case.

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Im sorry, I don't understand your question.  Why don't you just look at your paperwork to see the times of departure?  I could do it for you but I think you really should.

If you don’t understand the question then you probably shouldn’t reply (think of this as a life tip). I’ve gotten useful replies above without your condescension. Bye.

Onboard the Symphony now...last Saturday, embarkation day, numerous announcements were made to advise passengers to complete their muster drill...the ship was just a bit late for sail-away....guessing almost 6pm.  We watched a few ships sail by us at Terminal A.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, offtopic said:

If you don’t understand the question then you probably shouldn’t reply (think of this as a life tip). I’ve gotten useful replies above without your condescension. Bye.

thank you for my life tip.  And for giving me a laugh😃

3 hours ago, offtopic said:

We always pick the late dinner, as we also love being out on deck during sunset.

• Like 1

Went to see her leave on Saturday with the kids to let them know they’ll be on the spring break sailing. This was leaving government cut at 6:15. She was the last one out of 7 that day. We have embarkation open till 430-5 so that might give you a better answer 

CF8ACFDE-D0B2-477E-9A01-D4D043752288.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danny mas said:

Went to see her leave on Saturday with the kids to let them know they’ll be on the spring break sailing. This was leaving government cut at 6:15. She was the last one out of 7 that day. We have embarkation open till 430-5 so that might give you a better answer 

CF8ACFDE-D0B2-477E-9A01-D4D043752288.jpeg

Thank you, yes it does. Such a cute idea about surprising the kids, have a great trip!