Another Newbie Question

CwazeAndCwaze

Seabourn provides a 'deal' of $50/bag of laundry....as much as you can stuff.  Last year, I added up my stuffed bag at regular rates and it came out to $84 of laundry.  And rates aren't really that bad.   Dry cleaning is only included for Diamond elite members.  

• Thanks 1

I highly recommend taking advantage of the $50/bag of laundry option.  We did this on our first few cruises and it is great.  It is truly amazing how much laundry can be stuffed into a normal size laundry bag (provided).  It all comes back either folded or hanging in your closet.  One caveat---don't be like me--I was an inaccurate counter of pairs of socks---and it delayed my laundry.  They sent it back to us because my count of my husband's socks was not  correct!  We are looking forward to a laundry perk on our next cruise--but I do thing the bag of laundry is a wonderful deal.  

Edited by SLSD

26 minutes ago, SLSD said:

They sent it back to us because my count of my husband's socks was not  correct!

New meaning of trust but verify..

That is a cute story...

I was just curious as to pricing single items like tux shirts or slacks if need to be cleaned...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

New meaning of trust but verify..

That is a cute story...

I was just curious as to pricing single items like tux shirts or slacks if need to be cleaned...

You could put your tux shirt into a $50/bag of laundry.  I would ask about the slack as they  need to be dry cleaned. 

I recommend using the self-service free laundry machines on the ships that have them.  And order up some champagne to help you get through your laundry day.  You will probably make some new friends.

• Like 1

The joy of the $50 bag is that you can get a huge amount of stuff in it, and everything which needs ironing comes back pristinely pressed, and all  on hangers if appropriate, or folded in a basket.

Saves you time doing the washing, drying and ironing (my unfavourite job), but whatever turns you on. I prefer to have my champagne and chat to others in the comfort of a lounge or on deck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Thank you !! 👍

Also MAKE SURE you check "laundry by the bag" if you are using the $50 per bag option. If you do not check the right box (or if you do not check any box) , you will be charged by the piece.  In addition to miscounting pairs of socks, I did not check ANY box and was charged by the piece.  When I mentioned that I had made a mistake, I was refunded the amount over $50, but it is easier to just check the right box the first time.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, marazul said:
1 hour ago, AtA said:

Is there only one self service laundry on the whole ship? Only on deck 5? We are on Ovation.

But it is a small capacity ship....I guess the design team thought one was sufficient.

10 hours ago, SLSD said:

Also MAKE SURE you check "laundry by the bag" if you are using the $50 per bag option. If you do not check the right box (or if you do not check any box) , you will be charged by the piece.  In addition to miscounting pairs of socks, I did not check ANY box and was charged by the piece.  When I mentioned that I had made a mistake, I was refunded the amount over $50, but it is easier to just check the right box the first time.  

When they wash a full bag, do they do it all together, or does someone separate darks & lights. items needing hot vs cold, etc?  

27 minutes ago, gwesq said:

When they wash a full bag, do they do it all together, or does someone separate darks & lights. items needing hot vs cold, etc?  

All separate. It all comes out perfect. They even iron the underwear. 

Be careful with what you send out to be laundered. I have (or rather, had) a puckered shirt, and apparently they tried to iron out the pucks, so my puckered shirt is now half unpuckered.  Also would not send Lululemon or similar items.  Rather, bring a mesh laundry bag and do it yourself since lots of stuff be air dried.  And no need to babysit your laundry, especially if you put your laundry in a mesh bag so that anyone can easily remove the bag without touching your stuff.

Edited by Hobar
Spelling
  • Thanks 1